Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Harley Davidson is the worst company out there period!  (Read 11731 times)

2017 CVO STREET GLIDE

• Believe and succeed!
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Stage IV
Harley Davidson is the worst company out there period!
« on: April 18, 2018, 12:01:52 PM »

I bought a brand new 2017 CVO streetglide and it sumped Oil bad and now has pretty much seized up the flywheel and rods. The journals are all scored up ect. Been on the phone for 2 days now and harley clearly told me it’s not a problem with there bikes and that there not gonna help me at all. Well I forgot to say that I have $75,000 into this bike all New from harley. I will never buy a Harley again even if they were to come back and say they will fix it and I hope that anyone reading this takes this serious and steers clear of Harley Davidson as you will not be taken care of what’s so ever. This was my very first bike I’ve ever owned and also the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced in my 45 years on this earth. This has Just been the worst thing ever. I feel all of us with this issue which is hundreds of people should all get an attorney together and get this rip off company to take care of us.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 12:08:27 PM by 2017 CVO STREET GLIDE »
🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
Re: Harley Davidson is the worst company out there period!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 12:11:56 PM »

I bought a brand new 2017 CVO streetglide and it sumped Oil bad and now has pretty much seized up the flywheel and rods. The journals are all scored up ect. Been on the phone for 2 days now and harley clearly told me it’s not a problem with there bikes and that there not gonna help me at all. Well I forgot to say that I have $75,000 into this bike all New from harley. I will never buy a Harley again even if they were to come back and say they will fix it and I hope that anyone reading this takes this serious and steers clear of Harley Davidson as you will not be taken care of what’s so ever. This was my very first bike I’ve ever owned and also the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced in my 45 years on this earth. This has Just been the worst thing ever. I feel all of us with this issue which is hundreds of people should all get an attorney together and get this rip off company to take care of us.

Can you share a few more details? What did you have done to the bike's drivetrain that involved spending $75,000?

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 12:19:48 PM »

Says stage 4 in stats. Probably another dealer that said don't worry about the warranty as long as we do the upgrades and never put it in writing. When claim was submitted they sent an inspector and dealer claimed to not know anything about covering it. Just a guess but a highly likely one knowing Harley and most of it's "dealer" organization.
T-MAN 117 kit

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 12:33:59 PM »

I'm guessing removed front pipe and installed aftermarket header with slip on's and aftermarket tuner, that will be Harleys excuse to get out of a known problem with no known repair  :o

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 05:20:35 PM by Serdvd6 »
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 01:09:39 PM »

I'm guessing removed front pipe and installed aftermarket header with slip on's and aftermarket tuner, that will be Harleys excuse to get out of a known problem with no known repair  :o

I suspect alot more than just a stage IV, tuner and exhaust if he spent $75K on a CVO SG.

flhse

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 01:53:07 PM »

Gonna get a new CVO Street Glide and want to know if getting the 117 stage 4 kit that now has the heads is a good choice? My plan is to get V&H power dauls with high output slip ons and a TTS tuner. The dealer said I would still get my 2 year warranty if I did this with the bike purchase. I am gonna be traveling with this bike more then around town. Gave up dirt track racing for this new hobby so I'm a power hungry type. All the help is appreciated either way. Warranty is not my concern the usability of this second addition Stage 4 kit is though. :bananarock:
Thanks Allot
Bill

Looks like a lot has changed over the last year.  Think this was covered well in this thread:  https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=111244.msg1420969#msg1420969

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 02:51:55 PM »

:vrolijk_11:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

PFWiz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 03:27:18 PM »

Unless he welded another CVO SG to the top of his I really can't believe he spent $75,00 on all Harley parts.
Actually in his other thread he states that it is not all Harley parts. While he may have a legit beef with the dealer he doesn't have a leg to stand on against mothership.

His post just shows how clueless he is....

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 03:52:33 PM »

Yeah...alot of guys talk crap that they don't care about the warranty.... that is until they make significant engine upgrades and all of sudden the engine pukes ... then the MoCo is the problem.

2017 CVO STREET GLIDE

• Believe and succeed!
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 03:54:44 PM »

Unless he welded another CVO SG to the top of his I really can't believe he spent $75,00 on all Harley parts.
Actually in his other thread he states that it is not all Harley parts. While he may have a legit beef with the dealer he doesn't have a leg to stand on against mothership.

His post just shows how clueless he is....

Why so negative towards my post. I will get a list to show you why I have that much in the bike. I will get that to you ASAP. 1 tow Bill was $1,200 to get bike towed for a sumping issue and yes that included as none would of been spent if it wouldn’t sump.
🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 04:01:05 PM »

Just seems odd that you clearly built the bike's engine up and stated that the warranty was of no concern to you. But now the MoCo is the bad guy because they won't honor your warranty request. Which is it? I feel your pain with the damaged engine but based on your original posts the costs were of no issue.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 04:02:52 PM by Heatwave »

2017 CVO STREET GLIDE

• Believe and succeed!
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 04:21:50 PM »

Just seems odd that you clearly built the bike's engine up and stated that the warranty was of no concern to you. But now the MoCo is the bad guy because they won't honor your warranty request. Which is it? I feel your pain with the damaged engine but based on your original posts the costs were of no issue.

The cost isn’t the issue as I’m fixing it now a second time on my own it’s the point here. I got a stage 4 done before I ever left with the bike that’s what’s all been done to motor.
🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻

2017 CVO STREET GLIDE

• Believe and succeed!
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 04:27:48 PM »

The cost isn’t the issue as I’m fixing it now a second time on my own it’s the point here. I got a stage 4 done before I ever left with the bike that’s what’s all been done to motor.

The bike was covered the first time for parts only but nothing has changed in the performance area since then. There’s more to the story both ways and I’m not gonna sit here and explain to you I just posted adding to the many others that are having the same problem as me.
🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻🤙🏻🤘🏻

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 04:48:51 PM »

I’m not gonna sit here and explain to you I just posted adding to the many others that are having the same problem as me.

kind of disingenuous on your part to throw out a blanket statement like 'Harley is the worst company ever', and then not fully explain why.

would also like to know what they are telling you (other than 'nope'), and what you have done to your bike, what aftermarket parts have you added?  did you do an aftermarket tune which is clearly outlined in your owner's manual as voiding the warranty?
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 04:49:07 PM »

I understand. Good luck with whatever direction you go.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.