Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Recent mods to Lexi - 08 SERK4  (Read 3300 times)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: Recent mods to Lexi - 08 SERK4
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 07:51:10 PM »

Your bags look great, Jeff!   :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Scott. Just hope the E gremlins are DRT (Dead Right There)

Lookin good Jeff  :2vrolijk_21:

I really like how BUB 7's blend in with the new bags thanks to you advice.

I would like to know how you like the mini apes.  Did you have to change/lengthen any cables?
No need for any cables, direct swap as SCRM-R says. Let you know after some miles on my impressions

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 10:38:42 PM »

I would like to know how you like the mini apes.  Did you have to change/lengthen any cables?

dthies

I was able to put 55 miles on her today after work. 1st impressions of the 8.5 mini apes:

They are slightly widers than stock but so am I. I did some slow riding on back roads going around pot holes and the like. The bike was very responsive with these bars. I can pull the bars all the way to the stops and not lose my grip. My wrist and hands are in a neutral / natural positions and comfortable. My hands are just high enough. When I rode Hoist scoot, his bars were much too high for me.

Hey GH, I think these would have worked for you on your old SERK.

JW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 10:59:21 PM »

dthies

I was able to put 55 miles on her today after work. 1st impressions of the 8.5 mini apes:

They are slightly widers than stock but so am I. I did some slow riding on back roads going around pot holes and the like. The bike was very responsive with these bars. I can pull the bars all the way to the stops and not lose my grip. My wrist and hands are in a neutral / natural positions and comfortable. My hands are just high enough. When I rode Hoist scoot, his bars were much too high for me.

JW

That's good to read.  I had settled on using the 515 10" mini apes in the ongoing SERK build.  But was never completely satisfied with what I pictured the look to be. 

The 10" bars are fine on the SERG.  I don't stand them up straight and hidden behind the fairing that look is just fine while the feel is very good.  Couldn't get my head around what I expected the look to be on the SERK build though. 

So a week ago got tired of thinking about it and ordered a set of the 513 8.5" baby apes.  I know I'll like the look very much.  Was pretty sure of what the feel and hand/shoulder positions would be.  Your little reporting here reinforces those thoughts.  Thank ya sir :2vrolijk_21: .

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 09:25:35 AM »

dthies

JW
:smiley_up:   :shocked2:   :rolleyes3:   :thumbsup:

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 11:38:14 PM »

That's good to read.  I had settled on using the 515 10" mini apes in the ongoing SERK build.  But was never completely satisfied with what I pictured the look to be. 

The 10" bars are fine on the SERG.  I don't stand them up straight and hidden behind the fairing that look is just fine while the feel is very good.  Couldn't get my head around what I expected the look to be on the SERK build though. 

So a week ago got tired of thinking about it and ordered a set of the 513 8.5" baby apes.  I know I'll like the look very much.  Was pretty sure of what the feel and hand/shoulder positions would be.  Your little reporting here reinforces those thoughts.  Thank ya sir :2vrolijk_21: .

Don,

I've put better than three hundred miles on her now with the baby apes. They seem to be a very good height for me. No fatigue in the wrist, slight bend to the elbow and the back can be in any position I chose. These are the ticket for me. If I could, they would be about an inch narrower but I can adjust to that. Hope they work out for you as well.

I had an Andrew 30t front pulley installed on her. Man, that really helps the 08 tranny. I have a Dakota device to fix the speedo but was wondering, does the Super Tuner have the capability to make this change to the ECM like the TTS device can? If anyone knows? I'm in the area of 5 mph off to the plus side. I do recommend this change on the 07/08 6 speeds.  ;)

JW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 11:54:35 PM »

Don,

I've put better than three hundred miles on her now with the baby apes. They seem to be a very good height for me. No fatigue in the wrist, slight bend to the elbow and the back can be in any position I chose. These are the ticket for me. If I could, they would be about an inch narrower but I can adjust to that. Hope they work out for you as well.

I had an Andrew 30t front pulley installed on her. Man, that really helps the 08 tranny. I have a Dakota device to fix the speedo but was wondering, does the Super Tuner have the capability to make this change to the ECM like the TTS device can? If anyone knows? I'm in the area of 5 mph off to the plus side. I do recommend this change on the 07/08 6 speeds.  ;)

JW

This is a promising update on the bars.  Thanks Jeff.  I do like the look and knew I liked their 10" big sisters for feel.  So was optimistic.  You've reinforced the optimism.

Need to let someone more familiar with the TTS than I speak to the speedo calibration.  I know I've read in their docs words to effect of selecting speedo calibration.  But I don't know if those are fixed calibrations of fixed ratios to be selected from or if you can dial in a calibration as you need it.  If someone missed the question buried within this thread would be worth asking the question in its own context and titled thread.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 08:33:58 AM »

Good idea Don!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 25 queries.