Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 FLHRSE4 TSM/HFSM proximity fob - fire survivor bike  (Read 2444 times)

dibart

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

2008 FLHRSE4 TSM/HFSM proximity fob - fire survivor bike
« on: April 04, 2020, 04:58:25 PM »

It's BACK in rotation. The CVO project is in a personal project rotation system. When I get to a point with a project that parts and or more research is needed then the bike gets taken out of rotation until parts are in and the research is completed.

The reason the engine wouldn't crank is because the security system FOB had the battery in it upside down. That was a cheap fix.

The EFI manifold was seized (butterfly stuck) so that was replaced with an exact part number match. Now the engine cranks and wont fire. A short blast of starting fluid and the engine fires. Houston, we have ignition. Considering heat that radiated down from the 18' high garage ceiling fire melted the wiring in the handle bars and the switch assemblies, what about the possible havoc to the ECM. The bike was in running condition before the fire.

Are ideas for the fuel supply issue ?? What is a reasonable scanner/programmer to purchase ??

« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 01:32:23 PM by dibart »

Smoketown

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
Re: 2008 FLHRSE4 TSM/HFSM proximity fob - fire survivor bike
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 10:31:19 AM »

Welcome from PA!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 10:33:25 AM »

Welcome!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 01:11:25 PM »

Welcome my friend... Best wishes with your build.. Any pictures?

dibart

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 10:41:10 AM »

The link to the photos should be attached at the lower " chose file " box.  This is a tedious research project getting through the electronic programing in regards to the TSM / HFSM and getting the engine to crank. Not there yet, still have to bleed all the brakes and keep reading.

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 10:45:03 AM »

Sorry to hear of the fire but good on ya for rebuilding your bike. Good luck. Give the forum a shout with questions some one can help with...

dibart

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 12:46:42 PM »

The bike survived a small metal building roof fire. The right side saddle bag lid cover, part of the seat cover, all the paint and handle bar switches and switch wiring was destroyed. The tank had fuel in it and the tires had air. Inside the right saddle bag was a plastic shopping bag with a paper receipt and the owners manual undamaged.

I found a twin bike in salvage at PG Power Sports, Alberta Canada and purchased practically everything that was needed fore the restoration. The wiring harness survived although for $90 I replaced it. The battery and handle bar switches and wiring for the switches are new.

At the final stage of completion and having problems with the TSM/HFSM Antenna system. Not sure how it all works? Still need to bleed the ABS brakes  and put fuel in. Engine won't crank.

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 25 queries.