Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is involved in the signal relocation kit for sissybar?  (Read 3118 times)

leeinmemphis

• Junior CVO Member
What is involved in the signal relocation kit for sissybar?
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:34:49 PM »

Hey everyone,

I have a quick detachable sissybar coming for my '09 springer and it said that I had to have a rear signal relocation kit. Can someone explain what exactly I am going to have to do? Cut/splice wires or what? Any pics would be appreciated. Thanks.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: What is involved in the signal relocation kit for sissybar?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 08:35:03 PM »

Hey everyone,

I have a quick detachable sissybar coming for my '09 springer and it said that I had to have a rear signal relocation kit. Can someone explain what exactly I am going to have to do? Cut/splice wires or what? Any pics would be appreciated. Thanks.

According to the chart in the catalog, you will need relocation kit 53959-06 (Chrome) or 54268-10 (Black).  The instructions are attached, click on the pdf file.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Thatguycvo

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 08:46:38 AM »

Good luck! I have done this on my old cross bones and my springer. The fun you will have is getting the wire through the hole I used every soap and had no luck. On both bike bikes I ended up stripping the jacket off and shrink wrapped the ends to protect the wires. Also do not over torque the nuts if you are off a little bit then loosen nut and reposition and tighten or you will have an extra like I do. All in all they are not bad to put on other than the wire. 

leeinmemphis

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 08:56:14 PM »

Thanks for the tips everyone. I have the parts on order but will probably wait a couple weeks to install.

dite

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 09:27:45 PM »

You can just grind off enough of the back end of the side mounts to allow it to fit without using the tail-light relo kit....

leeinmemphis

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 10:13:36 AM »

You can just grind off enough of the back end of the side mounts to allow it to fit without using the tail-light relo kit....

From the sounds of it I may look at this first before I do the relocation kit. Thanks.

swat1

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 09:36:42 PM »

Good Luck is right this was a pain in the azzz project, the wiring was a real pain.  Never seen one that has been ground down.
That just happened

leeinmemphis

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 05:24:15 PM »

Well I ended up putting on the kit today. It took probably an hour or so to install and it was fairly straight forward. The turn signal relocation kit was more difficult than the dock hardware but overall it wasn't too bad.

dite

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 02:06:45 PM »

don't relocate the turn signals. you can modify the detachable side plates so it is not required. easy to do and saves money and looks better.
you just remove the hump that serves no purpose other than to make you buy another part.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 25 queries.