CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Just Installed Cams... Kinda Scared to Turn Her over! Advice please!

(1/1)

theknucklebuster:
Hey Fellas! New here and hoping to gain knowledge!

I just did a cam swap on my 2012 103” dyna.

Installed woods tw-7h cams, bearings and new fuelling lifters. Screaming eagle adjustable pushrods were already in the bike, the cam/bearings/lifters were easy, cam and crank timing was a breeze but I struggled with the lifter adjustment, I did the rears on the base circle 2.5 turns on the adjusters after reaching zero lash as indicated by the pushrod specs from screaming eagle. And yes I pumped the lifters full of oil first and then lets them relax after adjustment till I could spin them by hand. Rolled the motor forward till the front lifters were on the base circle and adjusted those ones.
What’s next? I’m scared to start it. Whats the worst that could happen? Should I crank it over with the plugs out to get oil pressure first? Any and all advice is welcome.

Thanks In Advance.

Im not a novice mechanice, however I am new to the twin cam harley world so go easy on me please. Trying to do things the right way without paying insanse shop labor fees for hands on work I can do myself.

Anyway Looking to your replys.

Clint

theknucklebuster:
I should add that I have it screduled in for a dyno tune in a week to get it dialed in.

pauly_2:
Hi,

Does it turn over ok manually? (Plugs out, using the rear wheel to turn the motor over). If it does, it should be ok to turn over with the starter. Why are you nervous?

Thanks
Pauly

--- Quote from: theknucklebuster on June 06, 2024, 11:25:02 PM ---Hey Fellas! New here and hoping to gain knowledge!

I just did a cam swap on my 2012 103” dyna.

Installed woods tw-7h cams, bearings and new fuelling lifters. Screaming eagle adjustable pushrods were already in the bike, the cam/bearings/lifters were easy, cam and crank timing was a breeze but I struggled with the lifter adjustment, I did the rears on the base circle 2.5 turns on the adjusters after reaching zero lash as indicated by the pushrod specs from screaming eagle. And yes I pumped the lifters full of oil first and then lets them relax after adjustment till I could spin them by hand. Rolled the motor forward till the front lifters were on the base circle and adjusted those ones.
What’s next? I’m scared to start it. Whats the worst that could happen? Should I crank it over with the plugs out to get oil pressure first? Any and all advice is welcome.

Thanks In Advance.

Im not a novice mechanice, however I am new to the twin cam harley world so go easy on me please. Trying to do things the right way without paying insanse shop labor fees for hands on work I can do myself.

Anyway Looking to your replys.

Clint

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version