Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: 2000 Classic SERG owners / Site Registry ( let me know if I missed someone)  (Read 63816 times)

fltrsei97

Re: 2000 Classic SERG owners / Site Registry ( let me know if I missed someone)
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2018, 08:22:26 PM »

Hey Marty,

Add me to the list for a triple Red SERG.

FLTRSEI97

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2018, 08:34:51 PM »

Hey Marty,

FLTRSEI97

I'm not Marty but welcome to the site.  All the original SERGs are getting fewer and rarer.  You're the first addition to this thread in what looked like a couple years.  Rarely see these bikes out anymore.  Mine still gets ridden and it's still my favorite to get out and cover any distance on.  Red ones are the best of course. 

fltrsei97

« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2018, 08:40:21 PM »

I'm not Marty but welcome to the site.  All the original SERGs are getting fewer and rarer.  You're the first addition to this thread in what looked like a couple years.  Rarely see these bikes out anymore.  Mine still gets ridden and it's still my favorite to get out and cover any distance on.  Red ones are the best of course.

I'm the original owner of my triple red SERG.  And of course I'll never get rid of it.  Rode mine again today.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2018, 09:04:54 PM »

I'm the original owner of my triple red SERG.  And of course I'll never get rid of it.  Rode mine again today.

I'm only second owner of mine.  It didn't get a lot of miles from its first owner though.  Any changes or upgrades to yours worth telling stories about?  Mine is kinda stock-ish.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2018, 09:00:12 AM »

Hey Marty,

FLTRSEI97
Welcome to the registry, and to the site fetrsei97.  I have added you to the slowly growing (as Don/TwoLane has pointed out) list of owners.  If you get a chance please go to New Member Introduction and introduce yourself to the group  :2vrolijk_21:

Marty
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 09:02:31 AM by martys »
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Raiderone

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2018, 10:27:51 AM »

I own a 2000 black/white/orange. So add me to the list!  First road glide, first CVO and I’m loving it so far.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #186 on: December 28, 2018, 10:50:47 AM »

I own a 2000 black/white/orange. So add me to the list!  First road glide, first CVO and I’m loving it so far.
Good Morning Raiderone  :) I have added you to the registry  :2vrolijk_21: congrats on finding such a wonderful ride :orange:  If you get an opportunity please go to New Member Introduction and say hello to this fabulous group of CVO owners.

Marty

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #187 on: December 28, 2018, 01:00:00 PM »

Good Morning Raiderone  :) I have added you to the registry  :2vrolijk_21: congrats on finding such a wonderful ride :orange:  If you get an opportunity please go to New Member Introduction and say hello to this fabulous group of CVO owners.

Marty

That's two additions in one month Marty.  It's like we're having a party!  :drummer:

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #188 on: December 28, 2018, 02:44:07 PM »

That's two additions in one month Marty.  It's like we're having a party!  :drummer:
I know Don  :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :orange: :orange: :orange: I guess some are letting go and some are fortunate to gain new classics  :2vrolijk_21: :coolblue:

Marty

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2018, 09:40:46 PM »

I know Don  :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :orange: :orange: :orange: I guess some are letting go and some are fortunate to gain new classics  :2vrolijk_21: :coolblue:

Marty

There's a letter dated 2007 that Brian (103110Thunder) posted a long time from Mother Harley stating 685 red 2000 model bikes and 730 Orange and Black.  A lof of the names in your original posts to this thread are guys we never see here and who haven't been active for years and years.  I know it's very rare to see one of the old bikes on the road anywhere.  Around where I am there is one other that I used to see rarely but have not seen in at least 2 years. 

Would be interesting to know how many of the now 19 year old bikes are still in regular service.  Hell, even in service at all; a few weekends a year.  On the other side would be equally as interesting to know how many have been lost to accidents or other damage or were cut up or parted out after their lifespan was presumed done (or they blew engines due to the early cam bearing problems catching up with guys some years later).

Mine is still the most comfortable-to-me bike I've ever had.  Fair bit of time went in to getting the seat just right and the bars just right and the screen height just right and the few other creature comforts in it to get it that way.  If I'm heading out somewhere more than a day trip it's still the bike I go to though, without even a thought.  Fortunately it's still mostly stock.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #190 on: December 28, 2018, 10:48:45 PM »

There's a letter dated 2007 that Brian (103110Thunder) posted a long time from Mother Harley stating 685 red 2000 model bikes and 730 Orange and Black.  A lof of the names in your original posts to this thread are guys we never see here and who haven't been active for years and years.  I know it's very rare to see one of the old bikes on the road anywhere.  Around where I am there is one other that I used to see rarely but have not seen in at least 2 years. 

Would be interesting to know how many of the now 19 year old bikes are still in regular service.  Hell, even in service at all; a few weekends a year.  On the other side would be equally as interesting to know how many have been lost to accidents or other damage or were cut up or parted out after their lifespan was presumed done (or they blew engines due to the early cam bearing problems catching up with guys some years later).

Mine is still the most comfortable-to-me bike I've ever had.  Fair bit of time went in to getting the seat just right and the bars just right and the screen height just right and the few other creature comforts in it to get it that way.  If I'm heading out somewhere more than a day trip it's still the bike I go to though, without even a thought.  Fortunately it's still mostly stock.
Don, up here in Southern Ontario I have seen probably 5 of the 2000's over the past 10 years but only 2 of them ... Mine and one Black & Orange, that were "Canadian" bikes, the others had speedometers in MPH rather than KMH.  I also did a little follow up research to Brian's letter, although I never did get a letter from The MoCo verifying it, of the 1450, CVORG's built for 2000, only 37 were  exported to Canada.  They could not give me a breakdown on how many of each colour, but I know the original owner of My bike and it was purchased here at the Niagara Dealership.  I wish there was a way to see how many are still actively licenced and in service.  You would think that their value would start to climb back up by now with collectors, with the low production numbers, and rarity of these magnificent machines.

Marty

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2018, 12:18:35 AM »

You would think that their value would start to climb back up by now with collectors, with the low production numbers, and rarity of these magnificent machines.

Marty

From our mouths to God's ears Marty!  If only that were so...  :huepfenlol2:

Unfortunately and no matter how much we like them they are still little known outside our own community.  Their small numbers originally combined with years of attrition and things like Marelli and other parts going obsolete mean they'll also get more difficult to maintain; which means even those optimistically familiar will have less interest.  Screw all that.  We love 'em.  That's good enough.

Of course my bike isn't completely stock.  Have done a few things to offer concession to modernity and make service more feasible if I ever crap out away from home.  The old swingarm is gone, Marelli has been swapped for the uber common mid 2000s Delphi and a few other things to make it just a good easily maintained old bike.  Hell, if I ever get around to installing it there's even parts here for a cool engine upgrade as well.  Even that is done with reliability in mind as much as performance.  Though the power coated and diamond cut heads and jugs will certainly look cool.  As well as it handles the duty now it really will be a trailer pulling machine when I get a chance to get the work done.

There will be one downside to getting that engine work done though.  Even though it's mass is greater and it's drag coefficient is like a big person's butt compared to the Road King the SERG will be both quicker and faster than the SERK when the Road Glides gets it bits.  So the Road King will whine; and that will cost me more money (probably) next winter.  Oh well.....

Raiderone

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX
« Reply #192 on: December 31, 2018, 05:25:52 PM »

I have never seen another one in all the years I’ve been riding. I’ve had mine only a couple of weeks and have been stopped and talked to more in the theee times I’ve ridden it than I have with any bike I’ve ever had.

I wasn’t even looking for a bike when I found it and didn’t know anything about it till I got it home. I just had to have it the second it was pulled out into the sun shine.

My friends dad has a matching set of 95th anniversary bikes that he rides all the time. He has the RK, RG and the Ultra. We all ride bikes that are at least 10 years old. His brother has a 67 duo glide he rides regularly and a couple shovel head FXR’s. I don’t know many evo bikes they own between them. I like to see the old stuff ridden and not hidden.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #193 on: December 31, 2018, 11:12:26 PM »

I have never seen another one in all the years I’ve been riding. I’ve had mine only a couple of weeks and have been stopped and talked to more in the theee times I’ve ridden it than I have with any bike I’ve ever had.

I wasn’t even looking for a bike when I found it and didn’t know anything about it till I got it home. I just had to have it the second it was pulled out into the sun shine.

My friends dad has a matching set of 95th anniversary bikes that he rides all the time. He has the RK, RG and the Ultra. We all ride bikes that are at least 10 years old. His brother has a 67 duo glide he rides regularly and a couple shovel head FXR’s. I don’t know many evo bikes they own between them. I like to see the old stuff ridden and not hidden.

They are definitely cool bikes.  I always really liked the 95th Anniv paint scheme too.  The Road Kings and Road Glides I thought were especially well laid out. 

I can sympathize with the "had to have it" feeling.  I'd felt that way about the triple red SERG for a long time before I finally scored mine.  Had seen them new but only after all were sold.  Then CVO bikes were actually hard to get. 

You've scored a great ride. Have fun with it.   :2vrolijk_21:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #194 on: January 01, 2019, 12:34:25 PM »

So glad to see the registry is still active. We are the keepers of the most iconic of the brand...the early SE's.  Proud to say at 19 yrs she is still running strong and receives compliments everywhere we go.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 25 queries.