CVO Social > Pictures

DIY project

<< < (2/10) > >>

longlast:
A little more sorted out today.  Got a bit more of an idea now how I'm heading with it. Things are pretty much just tacked in place.
It's will have a 40" lift   The angle for the Jack will act as a runway to guide the Jack to the centre lifting point when it's removed and put back in for use.

Dan_Lockwood:
It looks like you're a very handy kind of a guy, nice work.

But I would be just a bit careful on the welding.  It looks like you've got a MIG with flux core wire, not gas.  My experience with flux core wire has not been all that great.  Just make sure that your welds are penetrating the way they should.

Good luck and keep the updates coming.

longlast:
Cheers Dan,  yes it is a flux core Mig and I know what you mean about  paying close attention to the weld penetration. I'm going a bit over the top by adding support brackets at each weld of the lifting mechanism just for a bit of added strength.

Dan_Lockwood:

--- Quote from: longlast on April 17, 2019, 05:52:06 PM ---Cheers Dan,  yes it is a flux core Mig and I know what you mean about  paying close attention to the weld penetration. I'm going a bit over the top by adding support brackets at each weld of the lifting mechanism just for a bit of added strength.

--- End quote ---

Glad you have that in the back of your mind as you build.

Good luck!

longlast:
This (well self explanatory)is  the chock that I made some time ago.  I'm going to have the front of the table and chock removable for access to front end work.
I'm using this type of front wheel chock design because I don't like the idea of holding the bike with one hand while balancing it and lean forward and bown to hand wind the chock to lock in the wheel. 
This one works well,  it's a snug fit to the tyre 130mm and a 4th of the wheel circumference is being supported. Once it's in place I can get off the bike with no worries.
Bear in mind the table lift will be 7 1/2" in height.  Hopping  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version