CVO Social > Pictures

Need opinions on fairing lowers paint scheme

(1/6) > >>

mrambo4:
Okay need help making a decision, or atleast see if I’m on the right track.

All ready ordered all the parts to put speakers and amp in fairing lowers on my 2018 CVO Road Glide.  But since Harley doesn’t offer them painted, I am having a expert paint them, yes Joe that’s you.

But my question is, do I go two tone or sold Dark Alloy?   

I like the 2 tone, but also see the lines of the bike and think HD has the scheme so the Lava Orange comes from the top of the fairing down the tank, across the back of the seat and down.  So the fairing lowers should be Dark Alloy. 

@Puzzled what would of you done on this build of yours, if you would of put lowers on it??

Thoughts please. 

mrambo4:
And yes I’m still a Jr. after 5 years, just don’t post or comment much.  LOL.

OBB:
I'd go with the solid of the darker color.

Dan_Lockwood:
I also agree with the dark all the way on the lowers.

In past years when someone added lowers to, as an example a '09 CVO Road Glide, they painted the lowers with the same paint design as the total bike and to me, not to them, it is redundant and looks slightly out of place.  Although still good, if you know what I mean.

I've been toying with added them and when I do, they'll be total vivid black to match the lower portion of the orange/black paint scheme.

By painting the lowers the full on upper/lower colors, to me it distracts from the flow of the top to bottom colors and takes your eyes to the lower fairings instead of the total picture.

It's hard to explain, but that's my thought process.

Your bike looks awesome by the way!

BigLew:
I agree Dan. On my 09 I got them black. they looked great that color. I also had to buy a different bracket and change the angle of the fairing so the lowers would fit.

BigLew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version