Custom Vehicle Discussions > 1999 FXR2/1999 FXR3/2000 FXR4

"FXR CHATTER"

(1/113) > >>

FXR2evo99:
HELLO ALL FXR "CVO" OWNERS AS WELL AS 1982-1994 FXR MODEL OWNERS:

Hey everyone, have been pondering this for awhile and thought that having a "THREAD" that would serve to introduce all of us FXR Owners to one another in one specific "Thread" might be beneficial. 

My hope is that all of us FXR Owners who currently communicate here will become more acquainted with one another as well as new people who may visit this FXR Section of the CVO site.  Perhaps via this "journey" there may be found a "beginning" that we all might further enhance our experiences as we become more acquainted with one another.

I am hopeful that ALL FXR Owners will feel comfortable participating regardless of whether one is a "CVO" FXR Owner or a FXR Model Owner from 1982-1994.

One of the ways of course to learn about others here is to either privately e~mail or to learn about others via the "texting" that is done within the scope of our addressing one another's questions or needs for assistance here within the FXR SECTION but hopefully by doing something like this perhaps we can further enhance each others experiences.

SO here is what I thought might be the theme of this "Thread" initially for each of us:

1) Screen Name
2) Given Name  ie: First Name
3) Age
4) Location in the world:  ie: State
5) FXR Model Owned
6) Paragraph about how long you have owned your FXR and how you decided to purchase one, (for some of you this will be easy since recently you have already answered this under a different "THREAD", but that's ok,.......lol just cut and paste.
7) What "major" modifications have been done to your bike.

Other than the above 7 items listed, there are no parameters.....this will I am sure take on a life of it's own.....perhaps what will come out of this is the beginning of a "network" of guys and gals that are passionate about FXR's and have a lot of fun talking about them beyond the "parts" and "technical support" we all benefit from here already.  Basically I am hopeful this "THREAD" will enhance our return to this great site with regularity regardless of whether we find ourselves with questions about modifications or tech support related topics.

Once you have completed your "introduction" of yourself....let's use this "Thread" as a means of keeping some "general" dialogue between us, thus whatever suits your fantasy.....thus the "CHATTER" Theme!

Also if there is any other information any of you feel or think should be here write it down and we can all add appropriately.....

Regards,

Tim

FXR2evo99:
Being Left Open In Case Anything Further Needs To Be Shared.....

FXR2evo99:
1) Screen Name: FXR2evo99   
2) Given Name:   Tim
3) Age:                  50
4) Location in the world:     Colorado
5) FXR Model Owned         1999 FXR2 Arresting Red
6) Paragraph about how long you have owned your FXR and how you decided to purchase one, (for some of you this will be easy since you already answered....lol just cut and paste.

Purchased My 1999 FXR2 Arresting Red bike on May 21st 2005 at the time it had 5,442 miles.  I originally became interested in FXR's after a friend began sharing about the FXR model in general terms, he then began sending me photos of different bikes and then he finally purchased a 1999 FXR3 in July of 2004.  During the fall of 2004 we went out for a ride and I rode his FXR3 for about 20 minutes, and really felt the "wow" factor of the ride.  In February of 2005 I started my search for an FXR2, FXR3, or FXR4.  After much debate with myself about which features I liked the best on the different models I finally reached the conclusion that I wanted to own an Arresting Red FXR2.  After 90 days of formal searching and negotiating on several different Arresting Red FXR2's I finally located the one I purchased in Gillette, Wyoming. 

7) What "major" modifications have been done to my bike:

1)  Front Wheel/Tire Modification From 21" to 19"
2)  Front FXR2 Fender Replaced With Front FXR3 "Primed Only" Fender And Painted To Arresting Red
3)  Front Brake Caliper Change From OEM Stock To Performance Machine (PM) Chrome 4 Piston Caliper
4)  Addition Of A Set Of FXRS-CONV Leather Saddlebags W/Relocation Of Rear Turn Signals
5)  Modified OEM Handlebars Over to A Flanders Bad boy Bar F5 W/ Throttle & Idle Cables, And A Extension Of A Stainless Steel Brake Line
6)  OEM Exhaust System Modified To Vance & Hines 2 Into 1 Pro Pipe
7)  FXR2 Seat Changed Over To FXR3 Seat
8 )  Modified OEM Cam to a Crane V~Thunder 3010 Cam
9)  Evolution 1340 High Flow Air Cleaner W/Filter
10) Custom Cycle Engineering Chrome Fork Truss/Brace
11) Luggage Rack W/ Sissy Bar Set Up
12) Detachable Windshield Set Up
13) Modified Chrome Instrument Housing And Tank Trim Pannel To Wrinkle Black

Regards,

Tim

FXR2evo99:
Here are some Modifications that I have discussed here on the board for anyone interested:

Topic: FXR2 Replacement Of 21" Front Wheel to 19" Front Wheel & Attachment Of Saddlebag
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=29535.0

Topic: 1999 FXR2 Arresting Red~~> Handle Bar & Front PM Brake Caliper Modification
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=22360.0;all

Topic: Rocker box gaskets-FXR  (Great Topic On Replacement Of Rocker Cover Gaskets)
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=1049.0;all

Regards,

Tim

FXR2evo99:
Being Left Open In Case Anything Else Needs To Be Shared Later.

Hopefully this "THREAD" will remain at the top because of our continued participation by everyone as a "welcoming" to all FXR Owners.....

LET'S GET THIS STARTED INTRODUCE YOURESELF!!!

Regards,

Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version