Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: HOG or not HOG?  (Read 6822 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: HOG or not HOG?
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2007, 12:27:35 AM »

Hey Mike, how do you FIND quotes like that?  :o Do you have to remember them and which thread they were in???  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] or is there a easier way?  Guess we'll lose all this in the change over to the new software, huh?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Oh well, it'll be like a 'fresh start'   [smiley=cherry.gif] Har!  [smiley=drink.gif]  spyder

I was wondering the same thing. How do you find a quote from six months ago? I can't find a post I made last week.

RedFXR2

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2007, 12:51:05 AM »

Hey Mike, how do you FIND quotes like that?

This one I remembered well--that it was here somewhere, anyway.  Not many stick in my memory like the "Jedi Master of Sarcasm" bit.   ;D ;D

I just used the "search" utility to actually find it.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2007, 01:45:07 AM »

This one I remembered well--that it was here somewhere, anyway.  Not many stick in my memory like the "Jedi Master of Sarcasm" bit.   ;D ;D

I just used the "search" utility to actually find it.

There you go lettin' out those "trade secrets" again.  Sure is amazing what the engine pulls from a couple of words.[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Bagger

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2007, 06:32:27 AM »

You mean like this?:

:o :o ;D ;D

Exactly, and then some!

BaronStump

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2007, 07:21:09 AM »

Just became a National member again, free with the new bike and not sure I'm really a Nat'l member being over here in Europe with the UK handling my membrship.  Was a Nat'l in the late 80's and triied the locals in both Tucson and Vegas in early 90's and did get some of the impressions Spiderman "shared" with us along with too much "club business" that wasn't conducted from the saddle.  Meeting to plan rides, meeting to plan meetings to plan rides, meeting to discuss rides you planned that went bad or were cancelled due to scheduling conflicts with meeting.  You don't need no HOG personalized chair to eat my hotdog on or have a meeting in; now at the end of the day with the bikes in for the evening one for beers is a different requirement.  I am a member of a club, one piece patch, that was founded overseas for mostly military, ex-pats, contractors & spouses and it did just what many of you said you were looking for; a organization that shared a passion and then got out and actually participated in it.  Just finished another tour in Korea, two years, and it was good friendships and great riding.  With shipping times, only had the two bikes over there for 19 months and wife and I rode 6,500 and 8,000 miles respectively.  Not near what I rode in the states, but look at a map; it's a pretty small (really an island) and has sh!tty weather in the winter (didn't stop the polar bear run though). Small clubs in local places, largest probably 18 members...but a club not a group; difference is you can be selective...generally meaning..clubs are either all a$$holeS or none, we try to be the later.  I now have friends I can call on worldwide to ride with, for help or just to exchange routes and stories.  Our ride planning meetings consisted of "Hey Roadcaptain, we want to do a two day ride this weekend somewhere we haven't been yet...we'll depart Sat at 8:00 after breakfast" ride planning meeting done.  Maybe when I get back to the states I'll try a local again; in the meantime I'm real interested in a CVO gathering in Europe!!! Count me in. -Stump
'06 FLHTCUSE Haze-n-Black
Too Numerous to List
1999 Indian Chief (Custom Paint - Red)
ThunderHeart Single Fire
Woods W6H Prowler Cam
HackerLabs Hacker B
Too Much Chrome & Engine changes to list

BaronStump

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2007, 07:32:38 AM »

Bisounoures & Jacques,

Would be nice to put something together somewhere here in Europe, maybe fall timeframe...Octoberfest conditioning; I'm in Belgium although the little blue dot on the lacation map thinks Belarus is Belgium...Webmaster was obviously a geography major.
-Stump
'06 FLHTCUSE Haze-n-Black
Too Numerous to List
1999 Indian Chief (Custom Paint - Red)
ThunderHeart Single Fire
Woods W6H Prowler Cam
HackerLabs Hacker B
Too Much Chrome & Engine changes to list

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2007, 08:42:25 AM »

No HOG here. Enough said.

It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2007, 09:07:02 AM »

Am a member of national and local HOG.  Have been asst. director , director, sr road capt, and am currently the secretary.  We have a great chapter about 250 memeber and a very hand OFF owner.  Our moto is ride and have fun or as I put it live to ride rdie to eat.  I have met some amazing people thru HOG and enjoy it.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2007, 11:19:22 AM »

Am a member of national and local HOG.  We have a great chapter about 250 memeber and a very hand OFF owner.  Our moto is ride and have fun or as I put it live to ride rdie to eat.  I have met some amazing people thru HOG and enjoy it.

Agree with his comments.  I have however been more selective in going to the chapter's activities.  A very worthwhile organization; especially to people new to the area.

"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2007, 12:42:41 PM »

Just got my national packet with new pin and patch. Im so pumped to belong to such a hardcore gang [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Ops its just a group :'( All kiding aside looking forward to another great year meeting lots of great people from H.O.G.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2007, 02:56:45 PM »

whohoo!

I just recieved a replacement HOG atlas. They said there was a defect in the oringial. Now I have two!!!  

Membership has it's rewards        [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  [smiley=orange.gif]  [smiley=orange.gif]

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2007, 03:12:22 PM »

Yup, I got a new one too!  must of had Belarus and Belgium reversed eh?

I have been...  member, RC, editor, Asst Director (x2), and Director(x2)...  went to POT twice...   recognized nationally for fund raising and membership growth, and then got pushed out by a hands on dealer/disruptive member clique.  (OK, not pushed, saw what was happening to the group and said, "f that!" and walked...  Sitll a life member, but no local contact here.  Just not worth the big fandango they make out of the meeting to plan a meeting to talk about a meeting that was supposed to be about a ride but was really for a meeting where so and so said such and such about so and so and then......   f that!

nuff said ;)
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2007, 09:38:41 PM »

No longer active at the local chapter but do attend some national events, HOG on a local level has become a sales meeting ...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.