Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2014 road king seat comfort issues  (Read 10072 times)

hoofster

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

Re: 2014 road king seat comfort issues
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 06:06:32 PM »

Wow that sucks about removing the fender strips !!! I had taken off the CVO rear pillion it seems the way it is made it has a hard front edge on it and when you sit in the rider seat that thing digs right in your back.The seat is still uncomfortable but a little better without the pad on the back.

NMLazz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 12:03:01 PM »

Just for the record, many other after market seats including HD require removal of the strips...at least that is what I'm finding. I did read on one of the threads that a Corbin did not however.  :nixweiss:
Oh well...I'd rather be comfortable then have the strips that are covered half of the time...if not more.
It does suck though.

hoofster

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 08:40:47 PM »

been lookin at the ultimate seat and pad.from what I am seeing the strips can stay,Anybody have one of these seats???

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 08:53:19 PM »

My biggest issue with the stock seat on the 2014 CVO King is that I felt too far forward. I was constantly pushing back in the saddle for the duration of every ride. Now, I don't ever have a passenger any more, so I was able to get something a little more aggressive looking. I didn't want a true solo, because I would still have the damn screw or hole in my fender, so I went with the C&C Fastback. The seat is narrower, and I fall towards the back of the bike when I'm riding. Right into the pocket of the saddle. I love it. The padding was firm at first, but has broken in nicely and the leather has a nice soft feel. Firm padding, and soft leather. Awesome characteristics. The first time I installed it, it took a little muscle to thread in the rear screw while holding down the back of the seat, but a couple of weeks later I removed it and when I put it back on it was perfect and easy. They do make saddles with thicker rear sections for people who ride with a passenger. Oh yeah, I left the strips on the fender.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 08:56:29 PM by Puma »
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

NMLazz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 11:34:13 PM »

been lookin at the ultimate seat and pad.from what I am seeing the strips can stay,Anybody have one of these seats???

I just saw a post in one of the other forums where a guy had that seat on his bike. I'll try to find it again...pretty sure it was on the 13 SERK. He liked it. Didn't mention the rear seat though...don't think it had one.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=102475.msg1325894#msg1325894
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:41:30 PM by NMLazz »

Gandrtravis

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

• CVO1: 2008 cvo dyna inferno red and desert black sold
    • CVO2: 2014 cvo road king tribal orange and galactic black traded
    • CVO3: 2018 cvo road glide gunship grey
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 11:45:02 PM »

Once you remove the wear pads off the fender your can't re install the factory back seat correct ?

Driver30

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 10:22:35 AM »

I replaced stock seat with Mustang Touring seat.  The Mrs. still complained about her legs going numb after a couple hours.  Invested in Air Hawk 2 and she LOVES IT.  Takes very little air in the cushions.  Was $74.00 from Amazon.  I moved hers up to my seat and rode for about 3 hours and liked it so much I got one for myself.  The trick is very little air in the cushion.  I don't have ours strapped down, just the grippy bottom and my lead ass hold me down just fine.  Best and one of the lower cost upgrades I have made.

Magnut1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 11:15:04 AM »

I found a Road Zepplin for long trips. Got it for $90 craigslist (lucky)  plugs into my exhisting harness I installed for heated grips.  Everything works, seat is comfy.  I would post a pic but every time it say my file is to large.  PITA
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.