Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Yet Another Cam Question  (Read 5769 times)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Yet Another Cam Question
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 01:21:31 PM »

I have a friend actually two here that put the woods 555 cam in when they first came out. One even had his tuned by the most famous tuner on the east coast. I guarantee you nither would recommend the cam or the tuner.  :drink:

Just Sayin

TN

I wish they would pipe in, and yes I was there, no hearsay........................

edit: The two bikes were both stock 2009 110" motors except for cams, tuner said they required more compression. pinging was a big issue. both guys still have the bikes mentioned but with different cams. The tuner in question did recommend the 555 before hand.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 03:27:00 PM by TN »
Wut the hell was that maneuver

FinalShot

• 2015 CVO Limted
    • TX

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2015, 01:31:19 AM »

Thank you everyone for your input. I stopped by and talk to Steve for a couple hours on Thursday. I really appreciate him taking the time to talk to me about my needs and wants and his ideas.  I am seriously considering his 113 build. Now off to read all I can about them here.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2015, 07:45:49 AM »

I know a guy that really likes his GMR 113  :2vrolijk_21:, he is said to ride in the fast group also.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2015, 10:51:45 AM »

Thank you everyone for your input. I stopped by and talk to Steve for a couple hours on Thursday. I really appreciate him taking the time to talk to me about my needs and wants and his ideas.  I am seriously considering his 113 build. Now off to read all I can about them here.
d

Plenty of good feedback here, also check out the GMR Facebook page.  Enjoy mine for sure!
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 10:40:42 AM »

I talked to Steve on the phone a couple weeks back.  We had a really great conversation and it's clear he knows what he's talking about.

After seeing the results here of his 113" build, I'm convinced that's the route I'm going.  Hopefully I can get my bike to him in January or February in 2016...

You'll find lots of good info about his builds on here.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 21 queries.