Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: CVO 110'' ENGINE  (Read 11337 times)

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
Re: CVO 110'' ENGINE
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2015, 12:12:02 AM »

Bob has tuned all my bikes as well and he does a great job! I will tell you it really does depend on your riding style on if its worth it or not. My 110 was very similar to yours as Bob also tuned it but it is night and day from my 124 which Bob also tuned. We all get caught up on the graphs but it really comes down to how it feels when we ride it with our own styles. I have a buddy that spent a fortune on his modded 124 and rides it to get good MPG and not burn up tires. Completely stumps me but he is happy so thats all that matters but IMO he never should have done that motor. He just bought a new softail slim with the 110 motor, put 500 miles on it and he told me that it feels just as strong as his 124. All about riding style!

Very well said, and I got a kick out of your friend's antics, but like you say riding style and what makes you happy! :drummer:

By the way, Bob tuned my last 4 bikes!  Great guy, great tuner!
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

grofcvo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2015, 09:36:05 AM »

Bob has tuned all my bikes as well and he does a great job! I will tell you it really does depend on your riding style on if its worth it or not. My 110 was very similar to yours as Bob also tuned it but it is night and day from my 124 which Bob also tuned. We all get caught up on the graphs but it really comes down to how it feels when we ride it with our own styles. I have a buddy that spent a fortune on his modded 124 and rides it to get good MPG and not burn up tires. Completely stumps me but he is happy so thats all that matters but IMO he never should have done that motor. He just bought a new softail slim with the 110 motor, put 500 miles on it and he told me that it feels just as strong as his 124. All about riding style!
You are right, and Bob is a wizard, I like to ride fast not fast to get a speeding ticket every day. But when I go I go there is no puling in first at 1500 rpm for a block to shift in second , I hit it and a go.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2015, 10:15:26 AM »

my stock 110 engine on my FLTRSE3 will keep up with most bigger builds I've ridden with, for similar bikes (baggers). This is for real world riding, yeah I might loose some distance on straight aways but I'll be pushing you soon.  :drink:  stay to the right as I'm fixing to pass, if not already.  :drink:

I have a DIY tune with TTS, It was touted for the DIY'er but what a learning curve I had.  :nixweiss: I'm just an ol country boy who likes to ride.  ;D

Ride On

TN
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 12:44:30 PM by TN »
Wut the hell was that maneuver

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2015, 12:56:36 PM »

How much trouble did you have getting the TTS to tune in right?  I have been thinking about that product but I have never done electronic tuning like that before.

grofcvo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2015, 11:29:58 PM »

How much trouble did you have getting the TTS to tune in right?  I have been thinking about that product but I have never done electronic tuning like that before.
Bob at RC cycles love TTS and never had any problems to tune it (they prefer TTS i think , many of my friends did dyno there and all used TTS)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2015, 07:26:13 AM »

A tune with the TTS is not for the DIY’er IMO, besides all the tables you need to understand vtuning on the road is a major hazard if you want to hit all the cells. I did it with a screen mounted on handlebars, another distraction. I wish there was a good tuner close to me, I’d pay up in a heartbeat.

Some tuners will throw the bike on a dyno, do a few vtunes and call it a day. Not my idea of a professional tune.  :drink:

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2015, 09:01:53 AM »

All professional tuners will be this way. You really need to have a solid understanding of tuning to make sure it is correct. Pro tuner, TTS PV etc... Other wise you will not know if what is going on is correct or not.  With that being said the TTS now doing your EG and timing tables is in my opinion a giant step forward .. Still the systems only understands the data feed back and if that feed back is in correct for what ever reason the tables will still be changed for better or worse.
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2015, 10:40:06 AM »

A tune with the TTS is not for the DIY’er IMO, besides all the tables you need to understand vtuning on the road is a major hazard if you want to hit all the cells. I did it with a screen mounted on handlebars, another distraction. I wish there was a good tuner close to me, I’d pay up in a heartbeat.

Some tuners will throw the bike on a dyno, do a few vtunes and call it a day. Not my idea of a professional tune.  :drink:

TN

Based on the grips I saw in Maggie Valley this statement is suspect !!!    :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 10:46:54 AM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2015, 11:12:31 AM »

Based on the grips I saw in Maggie Valley this statement is suspect !!!    :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:

Ouch!  But to be fair, he's saving up for the tune! :nixweiss:
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 22 queries.