Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 113

Author Topic: Harley 117 Kit  (Read 469786 times)

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
Re: Harley 117 Kit
« Reply #1365 on: November 24, 2017, 07:28:50 AM »

I'm curious to know the facts of this also. Also wondering why a primary issue was covered by Steve if all he did was a top end build?
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #1366 on: November 24, 2017, 06:15:41 PM »

This was in fact the first SE 117 Drop on that I'm aware of on this site, Steve posted about the build on this site. It is a purpose build from the top down with S&S wheels, pump & plate, upgraded comp & compensaver, GMR heads and Steve's 600 cam & Baker DD7. It appears the front drive pulley locking nut backed off at speed and sent a piece of shrapnel through the top of the inner primary cover. No definitive answer as to why it took 3000 miles to happen! One would think that if not torqued correctly it would have let go on the dyno or with in a short time frame soon after, I don't do burn outs or launch it from red lights but I do ride harder than most of the guys I ride with & have fun with it from time to time hard not to!  Had mechanic tear it down to diagnose and document, I called and talked with Steve & sent him some pics Steve talked with my shop then called me the next day and informed me he was covering the repair.  :2vrolijk_21: That makes Steve a stand up guy in my book!!! 
   This all transpired approximately 7pm on a Sunday down on Cape Cod after a trip to Connecticut earlier that day! I sent my mechanic a text stating I would be bringing my RG to him in the morning and that i was broken down on Cape Cod, He called me within minuets and said he was leaving New Hampshire with a broken bike in his trailer heading back to his shop & that he would pick up my Fat Bob which he just finished completing the tune and fluid changes and bring it to me and grab the RG so I can have a bike to ride home!! A big shout out to Rob Swartch of Robs Dyno Service, Customer service at it's best.  :2vrolijk_21:

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #1367 on: November 24, 2017, 06:47:49 PM »

BB,

Sounds like you have not one but TWO solid folks in your corner!!!   :bananarock: :bananarock:

Glad it all worked out for you.

Thanks for sharing.

YB

2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #1368 on: November 24, 2017, 08:29:46 PM »

BB,

Sounds like you have not one but TWO solid folks in your corner!!!   :bananarock: :bananarock:

Glad it all worked out for you.

Thanks for sharing.

YB
Yea, what he said... that's outstanding CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! :thumbsup:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #1369 on: November 25, 2017, 05:11:04 AM »

Ahhh, ok now I get it! Absolutely great customer service from both.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #1370 on: December 02, 2017, 11:04:37 PM »

This was in fact the first SE 117 Drop on that I'm aware of on this site, Steve posted about the build on this site. It is a purpose build from the top down with S&S wheels, pump & plate, upgraded comp & compensaver, GMR heads and Steve's 600 cam & Baker DD7. It appears the front drive pulley locking nut backed off at speed and sent a piece of shrapnel through the top of the inner primary cover. No definitive answer as to why it took 3000 miles to happen! One would think that if not torqued correctly it would have let go on the dyno or with in a short time frame soon after, I don't do burn outs or launch it from red lights but I do ride harder than most of the guys I ride with & have fun with it from time to time hard not to!  Had mechanic tear it down to diagnose and document, I called and talked with Steve & sent him some pics Steve talked with my shop then called me the next day and informed me he was covering the repair.  :2vrolijk_21: That makes Steve a stand up guy in my book!!! 

This all transpired approximately 7pm on a Sunday down on Cape Cod after a trip to Connecticut earlier that day! I sent my mechanic a text stating I would be bringing my RG to him in the morning and that i was broken down on Cape Cod, He called me within minuets and said he was leaving New Hampshire with a broken bike in his trailer heading back to his shop & that he would pick up my Fat Bob which he just finished completing the tune and fluid changes and bring it to me and grab the RG so I can have a bike to ride home!! A big shout out to Rob Swartch of Robs Dyno Service, Customer service at it's best.  :2vrolijk_21:

Dave, did Rob do any dyno work for you?   
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #1371 on: December 03, 2017, 12:05:30 AM »

Actually after the bike was repaired and taken for a test ride it went up on his drum for a base line pull the curve is identical to Steve's although it did dyno about 10% lower on Rob's Dyno Star Dyno. Seat of the pants the bike feels the same and still runs great!! Rob's graph is attached its a little hard to read and the blue run is from when it was from 2013 when it was a 110

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #1372 on: December 03, 2017, 12:07:08 AM »

This is the GMR graph for comparison

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #1373 on: December 03, 2017, 04:49:29 PM »

That’s a significant change.   Doesn’t Rob have a Dynojet portable you can validate with as there are changes in numbers even within the same brand.   
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #1374 on: December 03, 2017, 06:15:49 PM »

Yes he does have a portable Dynojet but but he can't run it where his shop is due to the noise factor neighbors won't be very happy I'd have to wait until he takes it to a open house at a dealer ship some where here in NE.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #1375 on: December 04, 2017, 08:51:11 PM »

You might try that just to compare apples to .   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #1376 on: December 05, 2017, 09:47:04 AM »

Yes he does have a portable Dynojet but but he can't run it where his shop is due to the noise factor neighbors won't be very happy I'd have to wait until he takes it to a open house at a dealer ship some where here in NE.

BB, your sheet from Robs looks very similar to the one from my bike tuned by Ed Dahir. The curves are very similar
Most great stores start with a bad decision

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #1377 on: December 08, 2017, 08:10:03 AM »

Yes I am satisfied for now, but for how long I don't know  :)

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #1378 on: December 08, 2017, 09:18:45 AM »

Yes I am satisfied for now, but for how long I don't know  :)

The never ending quest for a little more....lol. I am lucky here as we ride alone most of the time so I don't have a lot of buddies out running us....that sure helps being content with what we have
Most great stores start with a bad decision

CVO 2015

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #1379 on: December 08, 2017, 05:09:33 PM »

If I decide to upgrade from a 110 to a 117 with a GMR 577 or a TTS 150 cam, is it necessary to upgrade the crank and flywheel?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 113

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.