Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: New Build 110 to 113  (Read 12164 times)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
New Build 110 to 113
« on: March 08, 2016, 08:53:43 AM »

Ok I have finally made the decision to blow off the 117 build. I still have the HD kit but I have someone local who wants it. I have a 2014 SE Limited that had 23,500 miles when torn down. It did have the rear cam bearing coming apart at teardown. Cases were split and are being reassembled with an S&S rotating assembly with the Timken conversion. I have the fueling kit which consists of the cam plate, oil pump and lifters. The cams I finally decided on were the TC 24D cams with new cam bearings in the case. The cylinders were bored by Zippers and I have a set of SE 10.5 to 1 pistons. Cylinder bore is now 4.060 for 113 CI. The heads were done by Zippers as well. I have no specs on them as of yet excepted they were decked .020.  I do have them and I checked them out yesterday and they look great. The throttle body will either be the stock 50mm with 5.3 injectors or the SE 58mm with 6.2 injectors and the air cleaner is T-Mans. The clutch will have the AIM 400 with Bakers compensator and manual adjuster. The exhaust is a D&D Fat Kat with the quite baffle. I am curious how the heads were setup just in case I want more cam down the road. This will be my touring bike so I am not chasing numbers. I am still waiting on the lower unit, so I am hoping to start to put her back together sometime next week if I don't send the heads and cylinders and heads out to be diamond cut.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

snowrider13

• Full CVO Member
Re: New Build 110 to 113
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 10:03:48 AM »

Be careful with the diamond cut...they look great BUT their turn around time was 4 weeks off with my parts. When you call, they blame it on Fed Ex, computer down, then they will put you on hold and never come back to the phone. chitty customer service as far as I'm concerned. They got the patent so I quess they must think they got ya by the ass. Kinda like the MoCo at times.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 10:23:48 AM »

Be careful with the diamond cut...they look great BUT their turn around time was 4 weeks off with my parts. When you call, they blame it on Fed Ex, computer down, then they will put you on hold and never come back to the phone. chitty customer service as far as I'm concerned. They got the patent so I quess they must think they got ya by the ass. Kinda like the MoCo at times.

I will call and see what they have to say. I would hope by now they are slowing down due to riding weather being upon us now. I have 2 other bikes to ride so it's no big deal on the time.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 09:26:48 PM »

Dawg
Really interested to see how the builds turns out. The 113 route is the way I have chosen to go also with the 24D cams. Heads are at Sachs now being done. The main difference between the route you are going and mine will be pistons. Thought about the 10.5s but when all said and done decided the flat top route.

Can't wait to see your results. I am still going to be a couple months away from being able to take mine down so you will probably have lots of miles on yours by then.

David
Most great stores start with a bad decision

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 08:10:02 AM »

I'm hoping to get the lower end one day this week. I still may send the heads and cylinders to Diamond Heads while they are off the bike.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 06:59:56 PM »

I'm going the 113 route as well.  Thought I'd be close to having it back together now, but caught the crud and have been sick the last 3.5 weeks and the last 5 days in the hospital.  Haven't felt like even working on it.  Put the bottom end together 4 weeks ago before I got sick and haven't done anything since.  Bottom end went back together with S&S crank and T3 Oil pump/cam plate.  Using the suburban 9 cc domed pistons.  Heads are at HDSP now.  One of the cams Don suggested was the 24D, but likely I'm going the GMR 577 route.  Already have a SE 58 MM TB with 5.3 injectors and a Barnet lock up for the CVO.  Will have the cylinders bored/honed locally and have Chad at Wide Open Cycles do the tune.   Interested in seeing how yours turns out as well.  :2vrolijk_21:

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 08:16:03 PM »

Dawg any concerns about the CCP using the 10.5 with the 24D? I thought about that route but was worried I would never get the compression down enough for there not to be a little PMS

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 09:15:55 PM »

Dawg any concerns about the CCP using the 10.5 with the 24D? I thought about that route but was worried I would never get the compression down enough for there not to be a little PMS

Zippers didn't think there would be a problem. They cut the heads but only .020. So I don't think there will be an issue.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

HunterJ

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 10:58:09 PM »

Hope it turns out nice Dawg. I'm with you right now on a 113 instead of the 117. No work planned till next winter tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 09:27:41 AM »

Hope it turns out nice Dawg. I'm with you right now on a 113 instead of the 117. No work planned till next winter tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hunter I would think by the fall the aftermarket will come out with some good cylinders and pistons for the 110 to 117 conversion. But I was already apart and looking to go 113 till the 117 kit was released. So I ordered a 117 kit. Then the problems with the cylinders was discovered.  Zippers has already finished the my stock cylinders and bored them to 4.060 and fitted the pistons. That is my safest route at this time.

be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 09:32:13 AM »

Good luck with the fueling stuff...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 11:22:55 AM »

SO you bought the 113 pistons from HD 
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 11:52:49 AM »

Good luck with the fueling stuff...

Been running the fueling stuff for over 11 years now and I have never had any problems. The quality of the new stuff I got looks Ok. I hope we are not having problems with their products now.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 12:44:11 PM »

SO you bought the 113 pistons from HD

I actually thought that I had. I called up to my buddies where the bike and parts are to get the part number off the box. He told they were not HD Pistons but he thought they were CP pistons. I don't remember and won't be up there till I get the lower unit back. I will have plenty of pics of the build.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 01:52:41 PM »

If they are the forged SE 113 pistons it is a wiseco..  Now if you had a CP that would be great , but you do not ..  If I where doing the build and that piston "had" to be used I would have them re-coated and run a product that we have been using for some time now. But in short the coating is set to the bore size so you fit the piston into the bore. ( you still have the same piston to wall spec , but the coating takes that up completely.. With that item you could reduce the skirt taper by building the coating up .  This would provide increased piston stability which in never a bad thing . 
I am doing that now with a set of noisy 124 pistons. Ring seal is going away again due to piston design. So I will re ring and fix the poor design on the skirt..   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 01:58:40 PM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 02:33:47 PM »

If they are the forged SE 113 pistons it is a wiseco..  Now if you had a CP that would be great , but you do not ..  If I where doing the build and that piston "had" to be used I would have them re-coated and run a product that we have been using for some time now. But in short the coating is set to the bore size so you fit the piston into the bore. ( you still have the same piston to wall spec , but the coating takes that up completely.. With that item you could reduce the skirt taper by building the coating up .  This would provide increased piston stability which in never a bad thing . 
I am doing that now with a set of noisy 124 pistons. Ring seal is going away again due to piston design. So I will re ring and fix the poor design on the skirt..   :2vrolijk_21:

Thank you for the response. I did leave you a message. If there is another/better route that I should be headed I want to go in that direction.

Thanks

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2016, 01:14:28 PM »

Steve after our discussion the other day I started digging for more info and trying to decide which route to go. First and foremost I found out that not all Screamin Eagle Pistons are wiseco. The newer ones in fact are. I have a set of older 4.060 Screamin Eagle Pistons for the 110 motor that are STD. When Zippers got the heads, cylinders and pistons I was bombarded  with question after question from them. Zippers is known for building reliable horsepower. I have been dealing with them for over 25 years. I have for the most part been very happy with them and their work. I looked up the part number of the pistons and found they were in fact for the 110 motor but not for twin cooled heads. When Zippers did my head work they did a little reshaping of the CC  to make sure they would work. We also checked for taper in the piston skirt. So I am going ahead with the build as is. As I told you I am looking for reliability and not really chasing numbers. I'm sure the numbers will be there but I just want to make sure they are there for many many miles. I do want to thank you for taking the time to call me back and explaining the problems in the HD pistons. Most companies wouldn't take the time like you did. So all I need now is my lower end so I can get started. I am mailing off the heads and cylinders to Diamond Heads tomorrow morning, and I am hoping to have them back in 2 to 3 weeks. I guess time will tell.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 05:15:59 PM by DCFIREMANN »
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2016, 08:42:36 AM »

I now have all of the motor parts back and today starts the assembly process. I am going with TC-24D cams now. Now the only decision I need to make is what throttle body. Should I stay with the stock 50mm and stock injectors or go with the new SE 58mm throttle body with 6.2 injectors. I will be running the T-Man air cleaner and the Fat Kat exhaust. I'll try to get some pics up tonight or tomorrow of the process.

Be Safe

THE DAWG 
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2016, 08:59:00 AM »

I now have all of the motor parts back and today starts the assembly process. I am going with TC-24D cams now. Now the only decision I need to make is what throttle body. Should I stay with the stock 50mm and stock injectors or go with the new SE 58mm throttle body with 6.2 injectors. I will be running the T-Man air cleaner and the Fat Kat exhaust. I'll try to get some pics up tonight or tomorrow of the process.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

If you can afford the larger throttle body yes do it . it will broaden the tq curve and gain you hp. In the end if you decide to add it after build and tune it will cost you more..   However you stated you are not chasing numbers so save the money  :nixweiss:

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2016, 10:31:32 AM »

Be Safe

THE DAWG

DAWG,

What pistons did you finally decide on and what was the final CC of your heads? Very interested in your build as I am building very close to what you are building.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 09:30:38 PM »

If you can afford the larger throttle body yes do it . it will broaden the tq curve and gain you hp. In the end if you decide to add it after build and tune it will cost you more..   However you stated you are not chasing numbers so save the money  :nixweiss:

I have had the throttle body for 2 years now. I bought it new for my 2012 and never used it. I did just purchase the 6.2 injectors. It is coming along just fine. Got a late start and had to knock off early to pick up some parts. I hope to have it running tomorrow.

Thank you Steve. I have taken your advice more times then not.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 09:36:06 PM »

DAWG,

What pistons did you finally decide on and what was the final CC of your heads? Very interested in your build as I am building very close to what you are building.

I used a set of STD 4.060 and 10.5 to 1 pistons for the build. I have no idea what the CC's ended up at. Zippers only decked the heads .020 because of the cams I am using. The motor is in the frame and the cam chest is complete and the heads are bolted on. I hope tomorrow I can get it running. I had to go buy a manual today so I can get the poop on how to fill and bleed the cooling system. I am so happy so far with the way it is going. I have a lot of pics on my phone but I'm sure I will need DOOD to resize them for me.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2016, 12:32:01 PM »

The Bike is back together and up and running. Heat cycles are done. Now I need to do a fluid change and wait on the weather. I'm looking for a canned map for the SEPRT. I would like to put 500 to 1000 miles on the bike before I have it tuned. The motor sounds VERY healthy even with a set of baby cams in it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 01:46:51 AM »

The Bike is back together and up and running. Heat cycles are done. Now I need to do a fluid change and wait on the weather. I'm looking for a canned map for the SEPRT. I would like to put 500 to 1000 miles on the bike before I have it tuned. The motor sounds VERY healthy even with a set of baby cams in it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

How long do you have to let the bike cool between heat cycles? I was told for break in to do 30 seconds, 60, 90, and 120 seconds, but wasn't really answered as to how cool the engine has to get before doing the next start up/cycle. Should it be like stone cold?

2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2016, 08:22:56 AM »

I don't let it get stone cold but I waited a while between cycles. I did 19 cycles per Zippers instructions. I can't wait to ride this thing!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2016, 09:12:26 AM »

I'll have to ask Jody how he heat-seated Maybelle.  All I know is she had 574 miles on her when I picked her up, last month.  I do remember the procedure on Maudie.  Ride 30-35 miles, do not exceed 3500RPM, park up.  Repeat process for 10 days.  'Course that was a Zipper's 120 build.  Had prettty good luck with that Engine.  22,000 miles, trouble free, then lifter imploded.  Destroyed.  Good luck, Dawg!  Hope to see you this year!  8) Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
New Build 110 to 113
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2016, 09:25:30 AM »

5 heat cycles
Let cool till you can hold the cylinders (ambient temp)

Ride 6 miles stop let cool
Ride 6 miles back let cool

Ride 12 miles let cool
Ride 12 miles back let cool

Ride 25 mile let cool

Change oil

Ride 25 mile

Ride 25 mile let cool

Ride 50 mile let cool
Ride 50 mile let cool

Ride normal keeping rpm's reasonable flutter rings on each ride.  (Let motor slow you down ). 

Change oil again at 500 and 1000 miles looking for metal, color and smell. (Fuel or burning of oil)

May also suggest S&S's break in procedure.

This is how I have broken in mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2016, 10:56:00 AM »

Just saw the Maudie and Maybelle slayer! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2016, 11:01:43 AM »

Just saw the Maudie and Maybelle slayer! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Lay down, Pete!  Startin all that chit on a Monday morning..........Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2016, 09:57:59 AM »

I did the heat cycles per Zippers. It is a 10 cycle process. I am having trouble getting a map for my SEPRT so I can get some miles on her before a trip to the Dyno. If I can't find anything I am going to switch over to a Thunder Max!!!!! More updates when I get some miles on the Ole Girl!!!!!

Hubbard you may see me this year. I am leaving here in early July and heading to Alaska. After that, who knows. Yea this retired life is tough on an Old Man!!!!!! LMAO!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2016, 09:58:25 AM »

Base map is now installed and I am going to put on a few miles on the motor today. The final build is as follows S&S flywheel assy, with the Timken conversion and STD 4.060 pistons at 10.5 to 1, cometic 030 head gasket, fueling cam plate, oil pump and lifters, Kury TC 24D cams, Zippers tensioners, taper fit push rods, S&S roller rockers. Heads were done by Zippers with a port and polish, cut 020, new valves, guides, seals and springs, HD TBW 58mm TB and 6.2 injectors with a T-Man air cleaner assy. New Baker compensator with manual adjuster and AIM 400 with orange springs.

After the base map was installed I started it up to listen to the motor. It is so quiet you can now hear the primary chain. I'm lovin this thing so far.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 10:03:43 AM by DCFIREMANN »
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2016, 06:35:14 PM »

AIM 400 ?
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2016, 06:54:41 PM »

Clutch Diaphragm Spring

The 400 is a new one, had Frank Drago -Drago's Bikeworks- order it for me although it is not yet listed.   :)
Much better than the SE Version and not as bad to pull as the 480 either.   Depending on motor output you might get away with the 380, I decided to try the 400 and its working great.

https://aimcorp.myshopify.com/collections/diaphragm-springs-1
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2016, 09:31:25 PM »

Clutch Diaphragm Spring

The 400 is a new one, had Frank Drago -Drago's Bikeworks- order it for me although it is not yet listed.   :)
Much better than the SE Version and not as bad to pull as the 480 either.   Depending on motor output you might get away with the 380, I decided to try the 400 and its working great.

https://aimcorp.myshopify.com/collections/diaphragm-springs-1

Rode the bike today. Only put 20 miles or so on the motor. Was pretty easy on her. Clutch is nice, trans shifts very smooth and the motor is a beast. I may change the cams and go down to 5.3 injectors but only time will tell. I really think I am over thinking all of this now!!!!! LMAO!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2016, 11:43:52 PM »

Rode the bike today. Only put 20 miles or so on the motor. Was pretty easy on her. Clutch is nice, trans shifts very smooth and the motor is a beast. I may change the cams and go down to 5.3 injectors but only time will tell. I really think I am over thinking all of this now!!!!! LMAO!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Nice Mike grats on the build, bet it felt like Christmas morning.  Look forward to seeing your results and tuned ride report.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2016, 07:27:04 AM »

Harry I'm guessing 2 to 3 weeks. I am going to smart tune the bike in a week or so. THEN either the dyno for the final dial in or I am going with the ThunderMax and a tune if I can find someone close to tune it. Yes it was Christmas in April. Today I'm going to do 100 plus miles on the motor.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2016, 05:15:12 PM »

Canned map is still what I am running. The dyno at the dealership is down. They are building an entire new dyno room complete with a new dyno that will even do tri glides. The TC-24d's are similar to the SE-259's and HD has a map set up with the 259's and the 58MM TB with 5.3 injectors. I did change the injectors from the 6.2's down to the 5.3's. The bike runs great. Pulls hard down low and continues throughout the RPM range. This was the best build I think I could have done. I was thinking about a little more cam in the bike but for 3 to 5 HP it isn't worth it to me. I am not chasing numbers. I plan on pulling a Bushtec with this bike and the low end grunt is unbelievable for a 1000 lb. plus bike.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2016, 10:39:49 PM »

Dawg

Any problems with compression using the 10.5 with the .030 gasket and 24d cams? Any idea where your CCP ended up?

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2016, 08:11:38 AM »

There are absolutely no problems with the piston, cams and head gasket combo. At least right now. Before the rings seated I had 165 lbs. of CCP. And remember Zippers only decked the heads 020. I was really going to change to a 590 or a 600 cam until I rode the bike. The TC 24d's are similar to the SE 259's The 259's have about the same lift but keep the valves open just a few degrees more. For 3 to 5 maybe a tad more HP it's not really worth my time or effort. It is had to believe how a 1000 lb. bike can pull down low with such a mild build. I think I really over thought the build when I was planning it. I did make a few changes during the build. One of the changes that I did was go to the 6.2 injector. That injector was way overkill for this build. The 58mm TB does flutter at idle but low RPM ride ability is very good. It's just a new sound that I need to get use to I guess.  I went back to the HD 5.3 injectors that I purchased with the 58mm TB. I need to get it tuned or switch to the T-Max soon as I need to check my mileage. The mileage is very important right now as I am planning a trip to Alaska in July on this bike.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

KC2GIW

• RUB
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2016 White Amethyst CVO Street Glide
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2016, 10:06:55 AM »

There are absolutely no problems with the piston, cams and head gasket combo. At least right now. Before the rings seated I had 165 lbs. of CCP. And remember Zippers only decked the heads 020. I was really going to change to a 590 or a 600 cam until I rode the bike. The TC 24d's are similar to the SE 259's The 259's have about the same lift but keep the valves open just a few degrees more. For 3 to 5 maybe a tad more HP it's not really worth my time or effort. It is had to believe how a 1000 lb. bike can pull down low with such a mild build. I think I really over thought the build when I was planning it. I did make a few changes during the build. One of the changes that I did was go to the 6.2 injector. That injector was way overkill for this build. The 58mm TB does flutter at idle but low RPM ride ability is very good. It's just a new sound that I need to get use to I guess.  I went back to the HD 5.3 injectors that I purchased with the 58mm TB. I need to get it tuned or switch to the T-Max soon as I need to check my mileage. The mileage is very important right now as I am planning a trip to Alaska in July on this bike.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I noticed this as well with my 58 at idle.  Tuner said there's not much they can do with it  :nixweiss:
Matt - Syracuse, NY

2016 White Amethyst FLHXSE.
117 SE drop-in kit.
Jackpot 2:1:2, V&H 450 Titans.

2018 Arctic White Corvette Grand Sport

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2016, 05:23:33 PM »

I noticed this as well with my 58 at idle.  Tuner said there's not much they can do with it  :nixweiss:

Axel told me after the tune it should be much better. I hope he is right.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2016, 10:05:57 PM »

Dawg can you tell yet where the motor feels like it comes alive or is it alway ready to go

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2016, 08:42:31 AM »

It is alive as soon as you come off idle. It pulls very good throughout the power band. I am very happy with the build. In a couple of weeks I will get it tuned and then we will see the curve and the numbers.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2016, 10:25:08 AM »

Thank you Dawg! Sounds like I should continue on in the 113/24D direction

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2016, 04:24:37 PM »

I don't think you can go wrong. I have a 117 kit and it is still sitting in the box.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

BigRichRam02

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2016, 04:26:14 PM »

what are you planning on doing with that 117 kit DCFIREMANN?

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2016, 07:04:42 PM »

what are you planning on doing with that 117 kit DCFIREMANN?

Not sure as of yet. Most likely just sell it as I am very happy with the build so far.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 21 queries.