Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Engine sounds awful and no power  (Read 19337 times)

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Engine sounds awful and no power
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2016, 01:15:12 PM »

It will interesting to see what the problem is. Hopefully you will get this resolved soon!

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2016, 02:06:04 PM »

I like how the Magnum X-1 looks.  I like the utility of the rear box, but prefer the look without one.  I usually ride one-up, so stripped-down cruiser bagger works for me most of the time.

That's a SHARP looking bike! I like the paint and graphics, almost like a CVO StreetGlide. You can probably get a removable tour pack color matched to go with it for long trips. And only $24,500!
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2016, 08:17:25 AM »

That's a SHARP looking bike! I like the paint and graphics, almost like a CVO StreetGlide. You can probably get a removable tour pack color matched to go with it for long trips. And only $24,500!

Street glide special is at or above that price.  With no were near the good looking paint on that bike.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2016, 02:37:13 PM »

I have a friend with a cross country tour. 145000 trouble free miles and still riding it along with a new Indian. He traded his 07 ultra that had 110 upgrade done and suffered all the issues that us 07 CVO owners had for the Victory a few years back.

NORSEMAN

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2016, 10:48:10 AM »

Latest update:
Fourth weekend without a motorcycle.  All four have been picture postcard perfect weather, and I'm jonesing for a ride something awful.
Last week, Harley Davidson sent a field service technician to my local dealer.  The dealer service techs were just finishing replacing the cams, and that didn't solve the problem.  The field service tech decided it had to be an electrical issue, and was 99.9% certain a new main harness would cure the problems with my bike.  The harness didn't ship from the warehouse in time to get there Friday, so the field service tech flew back to Milwaukee.  The dealer master tech replaced the wiring harness, and it didn't resolve the issue.  I'm told the field service tech will return to my local dealer again this week, along with another tech from Milwaukee.  The latter being someone involved with the MoCo racing program, or some such thing.  So far, they've replaced the spark plugs, O2 sensor, ECM (twice), BCM, fuel pump, induction module, lifters, camshafts, and main wiring harness.  I appreciate the fact that Harley has dispatched their field service tech to the dealer.  That's not a cheap thing to do, and I don't know anyone who's had this level of support to get their bike up and running.  That said, how long am I expected to wait for the bike to be fixed?  How many payments and missed riding weekends?  The Virginia Lemon Law states 30 days in the shop, or three attempts to fix the same issue without success.  I'll be at 30 days this week, but I have no commitment from MoCo or the dealer about making me whole on the CVO. 

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2016, 11:45:43 AM »

I doubt Harley is going to offer to buy the bike back unless you take the formal steps to file under the lemon law.  They should have provided a loaner but I didn't notice any mention of them doing that, so I question just how serious they are about satisfying the customer.  And I really question how they are just throwing parts at it instead of doing some diagnosis.  For instance, changing the cams was supposed to do what exactly?  It's not that hard to measure the cams and determine if a lobe is worn excessively.  Since the bike didn't run bad initially, the cams obviously weren't ground wrong.  If this is the best talent Harley can come up with your bike make never run right again.  If it were mine, I would have already filed the paperwork and/or sought the advice of an attorney.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

NORSEMAN

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2016, 01:21:25 PM »

I doubt Harley is going to offer to buy the bike back unless you take the formal steps to file under the lemon law.  They should have provided a loaner but I didn't notice any mention of them doing that, so I question just how serious they are about satisfying the customer.  And I really question how they are just throwing parts at it instead of doing some diagnosis.  For instance, changing the cams was supposed to do what exactly?  It's not that hard to measure the cams and determine if a lobe is worn excessively.  Since the bike didn't run bad initially, the cams obviously weren't ground wrong.  If this is the best talent Harley can come up with your bike make never run right again.  If it were mine, I would have already filed the paperwork and/or sought the advice of an attorney.

JMHO - Jerry

I requested a loaner, but was denied.  I did get a call from a person at HD corporate today.  You're right - they will not offer to buy the bike back.  I was told that I'll need to litigate to get any relief via the Lemon Law.  I am so very disappointed. 

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2016, 02:22:47 PM »

Sad. Time to contact an attorney I suppose.   :confused5:

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2016, 03:01:09 PM »

I requested a loaner, but was denied.  I did get a call from a person at HD corporate today.  You're right - they will not offer to buy the bike back.  I was told that I'll need to litigate to get any relief via the Lemon Law.  I am so very disappointed.
SFT (So typical).  HD says they listened to the customer to develop the 107'/114' and the improved Rushedmore bikes, but they won't provide a loaner; throw parts at the bike hoping something will stick; and  make you go through the hassle of Lemon Law litigation instead of giving you a new bike and taking that one to the drivetrain engineering team for analysis.  I guess they didn't hear the customers' requests for customer service.

Just wondering if there is some advantage to the company that makes it worthwhile to have customers file litigation, as compared to just swapping/refunding?
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2016, 03:26:11 PM »

SFT (So typical).  HD says they listened to the customer to develop the 107'/114' and the improved Rushedmore bikes, but they won't provide a loaner; throw parts at the bike hoping something will stick; and  make you go through the hassle of Lemon Law litigation instead of giving you a new bike and taking that one to the drivetrain engineering team for analysis.  I guess they didn't hear the customers' requests for customer service.

Just wondering if there is some advantage to the company that makes it worthwhile to have customers file litigation, as compared to just swapping/refunding?
My guess is they are hedging their bets on customer getting frustrated and either selling/trading the bike in (for a loss) vs them (doing the right thing) compensating the customer (buying bike back, offering ($$$) what customer paid for it on a new bike, etc., etc.). Once contacted by a lawyer I bet they will want to settle (quickly) with a "gag order" (you can't disclose the outcome).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

NORSEMAN

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2016, 03:26:17 PM »

I'm guessing the bullying tactic is successful in enough cases to make this approach attractive financially.  Ultimately, the law is the law. HD will wind up (in most cases) paying attorney's fees, in addition to full price paid, interest, doc fees, registration, etc.  In a few days, the bike will have been at the dealer for 30 consecutive days.  If the guys from Milwaukee are successful in diagnosing and repairing the issue before the 30 days is up, then I'll have no legal recourse via Virginia's lemon law.  Their track record with this bike leads me to believe they'll run out of time, however, and I just want to get back on two wheels....
This is a clear case of being penny wise and pound foolish. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2016, 03:56:15 PM »

I went through this crap in 2007, however, I served notice to the top echelon of Harley Davidson via Certified Mail. However, at the time there wasn't anything they made I trusted (the dreaded 110 ) and or wanted so I told them I was going to wait and when I decided they would ship me the bike I chose and swap it out with a brand new 7 year warranty. In 2009 I decided I wanted the 2009 Road Glide FLTRSE3 and gave Harley back their 2007 CVO Road King, for me one of the best moves I ever made. During the 2 years I had the 2007 Road King the Motor Company put 5 motors in that bike, each time the motor was taken out put in a crate and shipped out while a new motor was cross shipped overnight with my VIN. and I was back on the road within 4 days every time.

Therefore, wondering if Norseman might be more successful if he were to document the chronology of events and send them to the President and CEO of Harley Davidson prior to shelling out money for an attorney.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2016, 05:14:57 PM »

I'm guessing the bullying tactic is successful in enough cases to make this approach attractive financially.  Ultimately, the law is the law. HD will wind up (in most cases) paying attorney's fees, in addition to full price paid, interest, doc fees, registration, etc.  In a few days, the bike will have been at the dealer for 30 consecutive days.  If the guys from Milwaukee are successful in diagnosing and repairing the issue before the 30 days is up, then I'll have no legal recourse via Virginia's lemon law.  Their track record with this bike leads me to believe they'll run out of time, however, and I just want to get back on two wheels....
This is a clear case of being penny wise and pound foolish. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously you are very happy with the new bike, except for it running like chit.  So if it's repaired and doesn't do this again, you should be a happy camper.

I say that because sometimes the state's Lemon Laws are not very end user friendly.

I read on here many years ago that when the Lemon Law is applied, there is a pro-rated "usage" charge.  This is defined by the life cycle of the vehicle and the miles you've put against this magical life cycle number.

The problem with motorcycles is that the life cycle, at least back in the mid '00s was only like 25k miles.  That means that no matter how old it is, at 4k miles, that could be as much as a 16% depreciation on a refund.

I'm saying this only as hear say and I have no personal experience with any state's Lemon Law.  But before you get too far down the Lemon Law threats, do your home work and see if there is a grace period on a "newer" vehicle that excludes mileage.

I truly hope that your bike gets fixed soon.

I'm sure you'll keep us all updated on your situation.

Good luck...  :2vrolijk_21:
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2016, 05:24:26 PM »

I started the lemon law on my 12 in Illinois and was told that the lemon law applied to the original MSRP of the bike and that nothing would be given for the $4,000 I had spent on accessories. I finally bit the bullet and traded the bike for a 13 CVO

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2016, 07:39:06 PM »

I've never heard of Harley not being able to figure out what is wrong with a malfunctioning engine like your story over 4 weeks, specially on a new bike. You said they"So far, they've replaced the spark plugs, O2 sensor, ECM (twice), BCM, fuel pump, induction module, lifters, camshafts, and main wiring harness." That's so crazy because they should be able to figure out if you have a spark or if your ecm was bad or your bike was starved for fuel. Then changing lifters/ cams would mean manufacturing issues with those components. As they were pulling these parts off, were they defective or not? How many miles are on the bike and is it bone stock? P codes are of course ECM/ICM related. I assume when you said BCM, you meant ICM (ignition control module). No matter, good luck. Hope you get it figured out.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 07:45:34 PM by kojak »
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 22 queries.