Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Week after Sturgis  (Read 6796 times)

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
Re: Week after Sturgis
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 03:04:13 PM »

Did I trailer to Sturgis......yes! In fact I trailer every time I am going long distance. You don't agree with that?? Then don't trailer. You think I'm a pud for not ridin? Well, frankly Scarlett I don't give a damn!!
uh-oh!!!! your phone is ringing!!!

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 04:03:02 PM »

Even trailering can be rough!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 04:08:46 PM »

One last word on my thoughts on this. Trailering my scoot to Sturgis ain't no more stoopid than going to Sturgis when the Rally ain't pumping. If I'm gonna drag my ride 2000mi, I dam show ain't headin to South Dakota. We rode to Beartooth this year while at Sturgis. The Black Hills are great but don't come close to the Rockies. Hell, I got the Blue Ridge 20 miles out my back door. I guess that's just another one of our individual freedoms(we are still in America, right)
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 04:17:58 PM »

If im staying somewhere more than one night I trailer mine in my 40' toyhauler. Hmmm economics? Got to take my bike to baseball spring training in florida. Sure wasnt gonna ride there from PA in march. Lol. 7 days in my own bed cooking on the grill In sunny florida for $350 or could have stayed 2 nights in a scuzzy days in and eating out for the same money. Rode everywhere we went.

Wanna ride there and stay in a tent have at it. Im no longer a boy scout or a soldier anymore. Did my time in a tent. My money in my wallet means more to me than saying I rode there.

Everyone has their own thing.

Edit for spelling
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 04:21:50 PM by wtfdskin »

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 04:48:44 PM »

One last word on my thoughts on this. Trailering my scoot to Sturgis ain't no more stoopid than going to Sturgis when the Rally ain't pumping. If I'm gonna drag my ride 2000mi, I dam show ain't headin to South Dakota. We rode to Beartooth this year while at Sturgis. The Black Hills are great but don't come close to the Rockies. Hell, I got the Blue Ridge 20 miles out my back door. I guess that's just another one of our individual freedoms(we are still in America, right)

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 05:21:06 PM »

dang ! it must be the hot temps, cause no ones ridin' & everyones panties are all wadded up      :nixweiss:
hope they get em all un-wadded before MV      :2vrolijk_21:
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 06:04:01 PM »

:drummer:
dang ! it must be the hot temps, cause no ones ridin' & everyones panties are all wadded up      :nixweiss:
hope they get em all un-wadded before MV      :2vrolijk_21:
:drummer:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2016, 09:23:15 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2016, 10:56:23 PM »

I think my work is done here.

Next Topic: The Sharknose. Is it the best Harley bagger ever or just a poor attempt at copying a Goldwing?

Discuss!  :devil:

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2016, 08:52:20 AM »

I have made the same observation about trailering as Cambo, for Sturgis and Daytona.  Way more trailers on the road to and from the rally than bikes.

Me, I choose to ride as does my wife on her bike.  Could be how we average around 25K or more miles a year on them.

When we go for Sturgis we usually do a week in the Rockies then go to the rally for four days, or do four days of the rally and head farther west.  If I ride all the way out there I'm going to ride Beartooth pass.

This year was the first time I was in Sturgis not during the rally.  It was really nice being able to ride all the great roads with out all the idiots who do not know how to ride there motorcycles. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2016, 09:39:08 AM »

I will probably go before Sturgis next year. The ride there and back was more fun than riding around a bunch of people that clearly need to learn how to ride.  Saw many people that crossed over the yellow double line in the curves. Put on around 3,000 miles in a few days.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 11:51:59 AM »

Due to the wife not being able to ride more than an hour or two without taking some off time, and what she always takes with her, it's been trailering to Sturgis the four times we've gone.

We stay in Keystone at two different places now and we do like that area.  We only go to "Sturgis" for one day and the rest of the time we do the other riding.

The third time we went we arranged to get to Keystone on Wednesday and then off to Sturgis for Thursday.  We stayed through the following week to rid when less crowded.  The riding was great that year and the weather cooperated nicely.

But it was not the same without all the other bikes there.  As much as I'm getting to hate large crowds, seeing lots of other bikes at different stops does add a lot to the experience.

If we split it up again, I would go half a week early to catch the "setup" at the different places and get a chance to browse in Sturgis at a more relaxed pace.  Better availability to food etc too.

But when there last year, I didn't leave anything that I need to go back to look for.  I know like others have said, there are tons of great riding locations that will broaden one's experiences.

In my opinion, if your going to Sturgis, you need to be there during Sturgis week.  I know the rooms are a rip off, but it's the experience you're missing.  Yes the area is great to ride around, Needles, Custer, Devil's Tower, Spearfish Canyon, and the list goes on.  After a few trips out there it's not the same.

I'll be looking at new adventures in the future, not so much Sturgis again anytime soon.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2016, 12:59:16 PM »

Been there 13 times already so I don't feel I need to attend the actual rally week in the future, but I agree it ads to the experience

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2016, 10:13:13 AM »

I have made the same observation about trailering as Cambo, for Sturgis and Daytona.  Way more trailers on the road to and from the rally than bikes.

Me, I choose to ride as does my wife on her bike.  Could be how we average around 25K or more miles a year on them.

When we go for Sturgis we usually do a week in the Rockies then go to the rally for four days, or do four days of the rally and head farther west.  If I ride all the way out there I'm going to ride Beartooth pass.

This year was the first time I was in Sturgis not during the rally.  It was really nice being able to ride all the great roads with out all the idiots who do not know how to ride there motorcycles.

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2016, 12:46:39 PM »

You've heard of the 3 Amigos .. those are the 6 AH's.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.