Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Great Time Of Year To Ride In Florida  (Read 14582 times)

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Great Time Of Year To Ride In Florida
« on: October 13, 2016, 09:02:14 PM »

Entering my favorite time of year to ride in Florida!  The mega-heat and humidity have broken you don't have to feel like your under a broiler.  Got into Daytona Beach for Biketoberfest and the hurricane thankfully was a near miss.  Lots a people riding and tons to see!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Great Time Of Year To Ride In Florida
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 09:23:36 PM »

Fall riding is the best, even a few miles north!  I took Monday off and headed out (after sleeping in  :P).  It was one of those days that rarely happens when everything is perfect (great temps, hardly any traffic, bike running seemingly better than usual).  This is the greatest time of year! :2vrolijk_21:

ds33gt

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE Skunk (sold)
    • CVO2: 2006 VRSCSE2 Pearl Yellow
    • CVO3: 2024 Sharkskin FLTRX
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 11:15:03 PM »

Weather is looking great for this weekend in Daytona!  Sunny and 82.  Can't beat that!

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 07:23:19 PM »

Really looking like weather ahead for Thunder Beach in Panama City too.  Looking forward to riding 98 along the beach and seeing the vendors at the rally.  Always some good ones at H-D of Panama City Beach.

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 09:52:24 AM »

Made the ride from Panama City to Naples for the Holiday, around the big bend and avoiding the freeway the whole way.  Most was beautiful, but the traffic and lights on 41 got old.  Never missed I-75 though!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 09:58:25 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving.  Try Hwy. 17 to Hwy. 98 on the way back.  Except for Lakeland area should be less traffic, good roads.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 11:21:40 PM »

Thanks.  It was a very nice ride!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 12:16:23 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 07:26:37 PM »

So, I'll be off to Orlando from Panama City for Christmas to spend it with my boy, his girlfriend and my 5yr old Granddaughter.  Gonna be loaded down with gifts, may drive.  Where's everyone going for Christmas/The Holidays?

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 09:45:04 AM »

CAUTION!    Lee County Sheriffs are not Bike friendly! -   Every year we have gone to Ft Myers Beach with our Bike to see my Wife's Parents.   This year,  while sitting un-moving in beach traffic, a Lee County Sheriff cited me for No Insurance (BS I have insurance but in FL your Card must indicate the dollar amounts of Injury Coverage you carry and my card did not list this)   Displaying lights reserved for Law Enforcement (I had blue LEDs that are hidden under my Fuel Tank and shine down on the chrome) and No Eye Protection (We were stopped in Traffic and my goggles were fogging up so I flipped them up on my head while we were motionless - Sheriff said they must be over eyes at all times, moving or not)    I believe we were targeted because of the Ohio License Plates.   Treated us like Drunk and Crazy Springbreakers and not like a 50 year old, sober guy on a $30,000.00 Harley (it was my previous bike :)    I do not plan to go back there spending any money and stimulating their economy!    Myrtle Beach here we come....

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 10:02:48 AM »

The citing for no insurance is a little odd,,, Florida does not require any insurance on a motorcycle. He must have had a hard on for the blue LEDs?? As far as targeting your Ohio plates, usually they will give tourists a break when they will not give a break to the in state plates...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 03:21:13 PM »

The blue LEDs do get the attention of a lot of officers here.  Ft. Meyers area can be very heavy on traffic.

Quit going to Myrtle Beach years ago when the city made it clear that bikers were not welcome there.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 01:07:16 PM »

Myrtle is growing well. Most events are north or south of city proper but even there is biker friendly.  Really always was.  Just a bad mayor and council. They lost so much tourism they have to advertise now. Learned a lesson on power of groups on that stupid move which was found unconstitutional anyways
Will

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 08:53:02 PM »

Had to be the blue lights and no eye protection. As Iski said Florida has no requirement for insurance on motorcycles. May have been having a bad day certainly not what I have seen or encountered here.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:42:18 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2016, 09:15:59 PM »

Recently heard another rider says he got pulled over for blue leds.  First I'd heard of it at the time.  Seems like they've come up with another way to make $ via tickets.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.