Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Wake up 103"  (Read 11373 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Wake up 103"
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 05:18:41 PM »

Well Don,
            The Heads on LD now are Screamin Eagle P/N 16953-06 Listed on page 53 of the 07 SE Catalogue. Pre 06 models take a different P/N so you are probably right. Looks like I'll have to let Beags ride LD while he sends his CVO heads to Dave Mackie. 

B, M, D...it's the intake location on the 06/07 heads that's different, so the 05 TB won't work on Los Dragon's old noggin's.

If a man was lookin' for a set of heads and jugs from an '05, I might know somebody who has a nice set of each...I'm having second thoughts about putting out the bucks for what I was originally thinking of doing and just going with the cams... :nixweiss:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 05:26:34 PM »

I'm not going to get into the Zippers/Freedoms debate, either one works.  I would do the cams then see how you like it.  Personally with the Freedom FCC13 cams I'm getting 105 HP & 116 Ft Lbs, and it's there a LOT earlier, right where you want it for those "tests of acceleration"  ;D

If you don't want to wait until Reno thaws out you can always bring it up to Jim in San Leandro and have him do the cams!  It's around 70 and sunny here today!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 06:08:45 PM »

B, M, D...it's the intake location on the 06/07 heads that's different, so the 05 TB won't work on Los Dragon's old noggin's.

If a man was lookin' for a set of heads and jugs from an '05, I might know somebody who has a nice set of each...I'm having second thoughts about putting out the bucks for what I was originally thinking of doing and just going with the cams... :nixweiss:

??????????????? LD is an 07 TC. Not sure what you mean above, but my thought was to give Beags the stock 07 heads off LD to send out to Dave Mackie so he could continue to ride his bike while Mackie did his thing. It took close to a month to get Hank's heads back from Mackie. As to me putting an 05 Throttle Body on LD ???? why would I do that ? LD is already cranking out enough power to make me happy. Did I miss something somewhere along the line in this thread ??  Beagle wants to upgrade his 05 SEEG. That's what it's about

B B

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 06:14:25 PM »

??????????????? LD is an 07 TC. Not sure what you mean above, but my thought was to give Beags the stock 07 heads off LD to send out to Dave Mackie so he could continue to ride his bike while Mackie did his thing. It took close to a month to get Hank's heads back from Mackie. As to me putting an 05 Throttle Body on LD ???? why would I do that ? LD is already cranking out enough power to make me happy. Did I miss something somewhere along the line in this thread ??  Beagle wants to upgrade his 05 SEEG. That's what it's about

B B

I don't think I made myself clear...the 06/07 intake flanges are different than the 05's, so Beag's TB would not match up with your take off's.  Unless I'm mistaken...

I bought Don's heads and jugs when he did his thing to the Red Bike, and am waffling about doing all that to mine now, so am considering other options, that's all.  Sorry for the confusion.

TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 06:19:42 PM »

I bought Don's heads and jugs when he did his thing to the Red Bike

Another mystery solved !

B B

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 08:18:13 PM »

Flanges aren't expensive so its not a big deal.   Just change them over and your good to go.  Hardest part will be starting the bike and spraying some brake clean around the seals of the Flanges to be sure you have no leaks.

Or if your planning / considering doing all that work spend the extra 399.99 get the correct flanges with 50mm Harley Throttle body and the larger injectors in one shot.  Just a thought. 
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 01:30:16 PM »

Flanges aren't expensive so its not a big deal.   Just change them over and your good to go.  Hardest part will be starting the bike and spraying some brake clean around the seals of the Flanges to be sure you have no leaks.

Or if your planning / considering doing all that work spend the extra 399.99 get the correct flanges with 50mm Harley Throttle body and the larger injectors in one shot.  Just a thought. 

Harry,
        Would it be worth my while to change out to a 50mm throttle body on LD ?You were really helpful in getting me to build a scratch 103 vice a kit 103 and believe me LD runs good. Good enough that Beagle's huntin for some more power. I figure I'm not lettin him off easy on this one.
      So my Florida motor maniac buddy, would I see much gain if I put the 50mm on LD ? $400 isn't a lot of money and I'm due for my 2nd dyno now that the 103 upgrade's got 1,500 miles on it. Might as well do everything at once. What do you think ?

Thanks
          B B

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 04:01:16 PM »

Brian check your pm's. 

Short of it is, if your heads are stock and no porting / flow work done to them even though they are SE aftermarket heads  I doubt you would see an improvement with the larger throttlebody.   My opinion is that you would burn more gas and see a deficit in HP /TQ.  If you had some port and polish work done the flow and velocity of the air would be better and the engine would then be able to take advantage of the additional air mass.   The 400 dollars would probably be better spent on 24/37 gearing over 25/36. 

Unfortunately though without flow numbers on your heads it is just a guess.  I would expect you to see mid 130's to low 140's in flow numbers on your heads.   Two sets I saw today were just flowed they were SE HTCC heads and 103+ heads, the HTCC were in the mid 140's and the 103+ were 145 and 148 before port and polish.

If a third dyno tune isn't out of your budget then I would say keep your map from your upcoming second tune.  Then  go ahead and you and beags install the larger throttlebody take it down for a 3rd tune and if it does fall on its face sell the throttle body with minimal loss and put back on the stock throttlebody with your 2nd tune map.  Personally I wouldn't do this in this case, but some of combination making is trial and error and some added expense to know. 

You will have your hands full if Mackey sets up Beags with his 630 cam / headwork and his 20 degree pistons.  If this happens we will have to rename LD to TV    tailight viewer :)

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 05:41:07 PM »

Harry,
       No matter what Beags does, I'll have my hands full. The man is a ham fisted rider. He could be on a Vespa and make you think he'd stroked it the way he rides. If a motor redlines at 5200 Beags rides it at 5199, if it redlines at 6200 he rides at 6199. Just has a knack for it for keepin the revs up. Never seen his front wheel leave the ground either. I've watched him go through corners where I swore I was behind Jay Springsteen at Del Mar, but his wheels are always firmly on the ground. And he's smooth too, like Jeff Gordon on a NASCAR track. Always sees the good line through the tight ones and brakes and throttles just at the right time. Been around a lot of folks who bragged about how good they rode. Most of em rode stupid and mistook that for skill. Beagle chases down crotch rocket riders just to see their faces when he pulls up beside em. That's more fun to him than any braggin he could ever do, just not in his nature to shoot his mouth off, cept when it comes to his damn Hooker mufflers - - then the brother won't shut up  ;) :D ;D 8)

B B

hogasm

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 07:40:09 PM »

Big B,       check  your TB to make sure it is not a 50mm already. Kathy's Street Glide came stock with a 50mm.

Then make sure that they have the wide angle injectors in it. Hers had a narrow band injector and we changed them out to the wide band injectors, think they were 26 degrees.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2007, 07:46:41 PM »

Big B,       check  your TB to make sure it is not a 50mm already. Kathy's Street Glide came stock with a 50mm.

Then make sure that they have the wide angle injectors in it. Hers had a narrow band injector and we changed them out to the wide band injectors, think they were 26 degrees.

Hogasm,
         Thanks for the heads up. I'll ask when I take it in.  I already made up my mind to go through this dyno tune as is. LD really runs strong. I can believe it might already have a big TB. I think when it's dialed in good it'll be even stronger. At the moment all it's got for a tune is a 4k rollover on the dyno when Jimmie built the motor. I'm gonna stop by San Diego H-D tomorrow on the way home from the office and set up an appt with Jimmie.

B B

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 12:44:38 AM »

I'm gonna bring this one to the top again, and maybe the site clowns won't hijack the thread again until I get some info.  What power gains should I expect and which is the best set of cams.  I'm looking for torque early.....lots of torque.......no head work,  no 120" motor kits.....no bolting shovel heads on my TC......just a simple set of cams.

Thanks,

_Beags
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 09:35:48 AM »

I'm gonna bring this one to the top again, and maybe the site clowns won't hijack the thread again until I get some info.  What power gains should I expect and which is the best set of cams.  I'm looking for torque early.....lots of torque.......no head work,  no 120" motor kits.....no bolting shovel heads on my TC......just a simple set of cams.

Thanks,

_Beags
Your best bet is to go w/the Zippers or Freedom cams built specifically for the motors in our bike.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2007, 10:36:15 AM »

Thanks,

_Beags

Beags....I'm not one of the "motor heads" on the site, but from everybody I've talked to about this and looking at all the various Dyno sheets, etc, the best "bang for your buck" is either the Zippers 575 cam or the Freedom FC14SE.  Changing cam plates is not necessary unless it's scored from the cam chain tensioners...recommended other parts include the Feuling Oil Pump, Feuling Lifters, and pushrods.  The Freedom cam comes in just a little bit later, but holds on longer, the lift is not quite as high, so it's easier on the valve train.  Both cams give numbers of 115TQ+ and 105HP+.  I plan on doing this upgrade sometime this summer/fall, if not sooner.  For my riding style, I'm leaning more towards the Freedom cams at the moment...either one will do an excellent job and won't break the bank in the process.  No head work is necessary with either of these...they are truely "bolt in".

TTS Mastertune

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2007, 07:54:56 PM »

TC,
   Thanks for the input,  I agree (and my wallet too) just cams and what ever else makes sense.  But I can't find specs on the Freedoms FCC14 (which pisses me off) the Zippers 575TC ( I have).  I searched for dyno sheets and haven't come up with much. I'm a moderate rider, love torque, but don't want to be choking out at 5000 rpm.  I'd love to see the Freedom spec's (is this one of those nondisclosures thing???).

Any input and help is appreciated.......
BTW,  The Hookers are staying and I'll let the dyno shop tune it this time........I guess I want to get what I can out of this thing (don't really think it ran that bad for a stock bike with a PC that I tuned in my garage and a AC and pipes).

I'm going to order the cams tomorrow (hopefully) if I can build a case to go one way or the other......the help is appreciated.

_Beags
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.