Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: Freedom Cycle - New True Duals  (Read 11063 times)

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
Freedom Cycle - New True Duals
« on: February 16, 2007, 11:58:36 PM »

I have been talking to the folks at Freedom off & on for the past few weeks since I had heard that they were coming out with some new products.  James sorta let it slip a while back that they had some things in the works and were going to be debuting the new stuff at the Cincinnati show.  I spoke with Brad after they got back and he was able to share some more definitive information.

Here's what they came up with and are gearing up for tooling roughly April 1...

All new duals in a two-step design incorporating an all new design muffler.  Brad indicated that they are seeing some pretty good numbers with these...roughly 4hp & 4tq over the prior Freedom duals which got about those same numbers over the Rineharts.  They spent some time and effort working with some proprietary tricks inside to minimize reversion while upping the torque & hp where it counts.  The mufflers overall look totally different from any others on the market having a sort of trapezoidal look to them.  Great design for those who get down hard into the corners...I think one would have other problems before one would scrape the sides on these.  They are also about 20% quieter of the previous design.  The double barrel look has a 20 degree kick to the outside end...Brad said they did some extra special effort in creating that end cap.  He also mentioned that this overall design will work with smaller cubed engines  as well as the bigger cubes.  When I first started talking to FCC about this set up, they were looking at doing ceramic/jet coatings on the pipes but have since decided to go with the traditional heat shield/covers instead.  I was told the cost is going to be  $1050.00...a little steep yes, but its all new and no one else has anything like it.  BTW, if you are interested in getting a set...you will have to call Freedom to put your name on the list and wait.  (read that to mean...you're after me)  They are only taking names for now and will be contacting/selling off the list on a first come first serve basis when the tooling gets into swing.   

Freedom also came out with some other items that they will be putting up on their website soon....it is also getting updated.  They have a nice looking new Elite Billet air cleaner system that helps greatly in the breathing department...check it out. 

Check their site for pics...
http://www.freedomcyclereno.com/

I'd be interested to hearing opinions on the mufflers.  At first I was pretty overwhelmed  with the overall look...then, the more I stared at them, I thought they looked like they'd be more suited on a Goldwing or Victory...now I'm thinking maybe they will look just fine on my SERK.   

ez   
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

Re: Freedom Cycle - New True Duals
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 11:59:28 PM »

Pic #2
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 12:00:06 AM »

Pic #3

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 12:01:05 AM »

Air Cleaner

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 12:15:46 AM »

EZ;
I too have been in almost daily communication with Brad on these, I am on the list for a couple sets for customers as well, They look pretty good in my book.

Couple of other points on these:
  • Torque curve will move down in the RPM range without giving up top end numbers
  • O2 bungs will be installed in the pipes
  • heat shields will be full coverage

The new AC kit will allow the user to direct air flow over the rear cylender head to increase cooling.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 12:18:35 AM »

Not to wish you any bad luck,But I hope my set comes 1st :) I,ve been waiting for them since street Vib. last year- AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 12:27:28 AM »

(I'm hoping the $100 incentive moved me up the list before you guys....tee hee.)

So, let me ask this...what do you guys think if one were to "hog out" that double-barrel divider section of the end cap and make it into one large oval opening?  To me, the double-barrel holes look like they would look better if they were a larger diameter?

Sheesh...here we go....modifying something that I don't already have yet.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 12:32:31 AM »

(I'm hoping the $100 incentive moved me up the list before you guys....tee hee.)

So, let me ask this...what do you guys think if one were to "hog out" that double-barrel divider section of the end cap and make it into one large oval opening?  To me, the double-barrel holes look like they would look better if they were a larger diameter?

Sheesh...here we go....modifying something that I don't already have yet.

Without knowing for sure how the baffle interacts with the end cap its hard to say if that will even be possible. I would think that it would also change the backpressure design of the pipe. Not something I would do after Brad and crew have spent almost 18 months designing these for the best performance.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 12:43:00 AM »

Without knowing for sure how the baffle interacts with the end cap its hard to say if that will even be possible. I would think that it would also change the backpressure design of the pipe. Not something I would do after Brad and crew have spent almost 18 months designing these for the best performance.

You know...that last line of my signature block doesn't lie.   

I was going to run the idea by Brad before doing so...and/or suggest that maybe they could make it as an optional end cap...assuming the performance isn't hindered.  He wouldn't give me any insight as to what the muffler was cored like or if they were going to play around with anything like optional baffles...other than to say that it was proprietary innards and that's all I probably needed to know (not his exact words, but I got the point).

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 12:47:47 AM »

You know...that last line of my signature block doesn't lie.   

I was going to run the idea by Brad before doing so...and/or suggest that maybe they could make it as an optional end cap...assuming the performance isn't hindered.  He wouldn't give me any insight as to what the muffler was cored like or if they were going to play around with anything like optional baffles...other than to say that it was proprietary innards and that's all I probably needed to know (not his exact words, but I got the point).

Yep, Brad is very "close to the vest" when it comes to his stuff. He has however released the specs to me on his cams. I have his permission to post them, I will do so in the Twin Cam Thread......

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 12:56:05 AM »

More info on the pipes....

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 01:10:06 AM »

I'm almost afraid to publicly ask this question...knowing this crowd.   :o

What is a Unique kenetic energy relief hole ?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 08:43:57 AM »

They're almost as ugly as the SPO's. They look great. I like them. Thanks a lot. ::) I gotta call my shop today and see if they mind not installing the V&H TD's and SPO's I already bought, and order this system instead. IH talks about the SPO's scraping. These don't look like they'll ever scrape!. When do you think they will be available? This never ends, does it? ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 10:14:52 AM »

How do you navigate their site for parts and accessories? That site is as bad as S&S's to find anything! Trying to get more info on this exhaust system and availability. Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 10:24:08 AM »

The pipes won't be availible until April at the soonest.....

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 10:27:40 AM »

The pipes won't be availible until April at the soonest.....

Thanks Jim. Decisions, decisions! Let's see, maybe do the S&S's now and change exhaust system when I scrape them up and do the cams at the same time. Should be good 110" cams by then, hmmm....... ;) Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 10:31:36 AM »

They're almost as ugly as the SPO's. They look great. I like them.

There ya go.  Howie, we finally found something we disagree on.  So far your taste has been excellent man.  But now you're lettin' me down!

All kidding aside, that's a funky looking muffler.  First impressions mean so much for this kind of hardware.  And everyone's opinions are (thankfully) different.  But I personally wouldn't run them.  Just too ugly (to me).  Those of you in line, however, congratulations on having something new and unique and that you do like.  Hope it performs as extreme as it looks!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 10:35:04 AM »

There ya go.  Howie, we finally found something we disagree on.  So far your taste has been excellent man.  But now you're lettin' me down!

All kidding aside, that's a funky looking muffler.  First impressions mean so much for this kind of hardware.  And everyone's opinions are (thankfully) different.  But I personally wouldn't run them.  Just too ugly (to me).  Those of you in line, however, congratulations on having something new and unique and that you do like.  Hope it performs as extreme as it looks!

That's all part of the appeal to me Don. The SPO's aren't exactly the prettiest looking mufflers to most people either. Best performance followed by controversial looks get my vote every time! ;) Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2007, 10:39:35 AM »

That's all part of the appeal to me Don. The SPO's aren't exactly the prettiest looking mufflers to most people either. Best performance followed by controversial looks get my vote every time! ;) Hoist! 8)

To a point I'm willing to put function over form.  And I actually like the look of the SPOs that so many seem not to.  But there is a fine line between controversial and Utt Bugly.  Those busted triangle bug eyed mufflers are just Utt Bugly  :huepfenlol2: .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 10:52:51 AM »

To a point I'm willing to put function over form.  And I actually like the look of the SPOs that so many seem not to.  But there is a fine line between controversial and Utt Bugly.  Those busted triangle bug eyed mufflers are just Utt Bugly  :huepfenlol2: .

Cool!!! 8) Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 10:56:01 AM »

Cool!!! 8) Hoist! 8)

Cool......?  Whadya expect from a guy that still has nipple issues  :nixweiss: .   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2007, 11:02:47 AM »

Cool......?  Whadya expect from a guy that still has nipple issues  :nixweiss: .   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

Hey Don. now that you mention that, I haven't found anything in the "Pasty" department for them. Looked at HD & JP catalog. Couldn't find anything. Any product specifics? ;) Hoist! 8)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2007, 11:09:45 AM »

Thanks Jim. Decisions, decisions! Let's see, maybe do the S&S's now and change exhaust system when I scrape them up and do the cams at the same time. Should be good 110" cams by then, hmmm....... ;) Hoist! 8)

Hoist, a little bird told me that the 110 cams will be ready any day now....ssshhhh!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 11:10:46 AM »

Hey Don. now that you mention that, I haven't found anything in the "Pasty" department for them. Looked at HD & JP catalog. Couldn't find anything. Any product specifics? ;) Hoist! 8)

Had something on my last Road King for awhile that looked better than just the black toggles.  Will have to find record of what it was and I'll let you know.

Before I forget to mention it later though even the chromed covers on the toggles were only a temporarily solution.  The best solution ended up being one of those auxiliary switch housings that HD offers and just doing away with the toggles entirely.

That made it look better and moved the switches up on my left thumb where they were more convenient anyway.  Ended up with the spot light switch there, a switch for the running lamps I'd put on the crash bar and a master switch for the cruise control kit that I'd added to that bike.  But you could move the spot lamp toggle there and use the other two holes for that funky little LCD clock they offer.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2007, 11:14:20 AM »

I too have been on the list for some while now, driven by the Rinehart interference issue. Now that I've seen them.....

They are funky looking. I was hoping for more cool looking instead of funky looking.

Now what to do?

Chief

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2007, 11:20:35 AM »

I too have been on the list for some while now, driven by the Rinehart interference issue. Now that I've seen them.....

They are funky looking. I was hoping for more cool looking instead of funky looking.

Now what to do?

Chief

For me "funky" was always a word used when I was afraid to admit (to myself more often than not) that I was spending money on was really uglier than Hillary Clinton's dirty bloomers.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2007, 11:27:32 AM »

Now what to do?

Chief

Aside from Don's fascination with dirty underwear....I sort of went round and round with the looks issue myself.  It is just the end cap that I waffled over.  I saved the pictures off that they sent me and supersized them to get a closer look.  That's when I went full circle and decided they would look ok after all.  I imagine it is one of those products where you have to see it first hand to fully appreciate.  Sort of like the bikes we own...looking at pictures don't do any of 'em justice.

ez

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 11:31:21 AM »

For me "funky" was always a word used when I was afraid to admit (to myself more often than not) that I was spending money on was really uglier than Hillary Clinton's dirty bloomers.

It's Hillary's ankles, Man....

The pipes are interesting...I don't mind the shape of the mufflers themselves so much, but I'll have to say those double Gecko eyes don't do a thing for me.  A hole maintaining the trapezoidal look would have worked better.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2007, 11:35:47 AM »

Well, there won't be anymore mistaking or associating Freedom pipes with Rineharts once they come out with those. :wink2:

I like a simple, round muffler (a la stock) on a Harley, myself, which is why the SPOs and these look so odd to me.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2007, 11:36:46 AM »

I'm sorry, after talking to Brad, and hear him rave over how these pipes aren't like anything else out there, and based on their previous design, I was really looking forward to getting my set in April.

I guess its back to Rinehart / V&H coin toss.

I'm sorry, James and Brad. These may be some kick-a$$ performing mufflers, but....

Chief

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2007, 11:38:14 AM »

... and having the exposed baffle screws visible from every angle .....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2007, 11:39:09 AM »

Aside from Don's fascination with dirty underwear....I sort of went round and round with the looks issue myself.  It is just the end cap that I waffled over.  I saved the pictures off that they sent me and supersized them to get a closer look.  That's when I went full circle and decided they would look ok after all.  I imagine it is one of those products where you have to see it first hand to fully appreciate.  Sort of like the bikes we own...looking at pictures don't do any of 'em justice.

ez

That's completely true.  Lots of first impressions have been reversed when something actually was finally seen in application on the street.  Hopefully these would look great hanging in the wild.  Good luck to all you brave souls looking to hang these bloomers on your bike  :2vrolijk_21: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2007, 11:41:32 AM »

It's Hillary's ankles, Man....

The pipes are interesting...I don't mind the shape of the mufflers themselves so much, but I'll have to say those double Gecko eyes don't do a thing for me.  A hole maintaining the trapezoidal look would have worked better.

That was my first thought when I saw the first image Terry.  Would (to me) be a much better look if the outside shape/contour had been continued to the inside.  Still ugly; but better.  As is I expect that guy with the German helmet on Laugh In to keep looking up from behind his binoculars.

... and having the exposed baffle screws visible from every angle .....

Umm, Chief?  Just want to make sure.  But are you talking about the mufflers here or Hillary?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 04:16:49 PM by Twolanerider »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2007, 05:33:04 PM »

Stop hating the looks so much everyone. You're making me want them even more! I'm not waiting for them though. I'll be putting on the V&H TDs/SPOs this week. Next winter work will be cams and then maybe TMax AT and this exhaust system too! Man it sure is fun not worrying about w.....ty! ;) Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2007, 06:47:55 PM »

Stop hating the looks so much everyone. You're making me want them even more! I'm not waiting for them though. I'll be putting on the V&H TDs/SPOs this week. Next winter work will be cams and then maybe TMax AT and this exhaust system too! Man it sure is fun not worrying about w.....ty! ;) Hoist! 8)

Hey Howie, when you make the second generation change to the Thundermax you're going to get Zipper's fancy Road King speedometer too aren't you?  You know, the one that lets you control and change AFR from the seat while going down the road?  And you're waiting how long to do this?

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2007, 07:02:13 PM »

I didn,t like them when I first saw them, but after a few more looks they started to grow on me. For me having mellow pipes on slow cruz and the giddie-up when you get on it, Is what I,m after. They will be going on my ORANGE/BLACK 04 SEEG . As I told Ernie "if your a dog be a hairy dog" And when I find ORANGE CHAPS with fringes no one will notice the pipes-AK

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2007, 07:26:55 PM »

Hey Howie, when you make the second generation change to the Thundermax you're going to get Zipper's fancy Road King speedometer too aren't you?  You know, the one that lets you control and change AFR from the seat while going down the road?  And you're waiting how long to do this?

I saw the speedo and it does a lot of slick stuff. ( http://www.zippersperformance.com/catalogue/showproduct.asp?cat=583&prod=2098 ). I didn't see anything about an adjustable AFR control built into it, and specifically for the TMax?

Uhhh....changes for next winter! :-\

Hoist! 8)

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2007, 07:31:37 PM »

I didn,t like them when I first saw them, but after a few more looks they started to grow on me. For me having mellow pipes on slow cruz and the giddie-up when you get on it, Is what I,m after. They will be going on my ORANGE/BLACK 04 SEEG . As I told Ernie "if your a dog be a hairy dog" And when I find ORANGE CHAPS with fringes no one will notice the pipes-AK

AK, you sure about them chaps?

I can understand the color orange but fringe, oh my  :nixweiss:

LOL...jeffj

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2007, 10:28:53 PM »

Only comment I can make on these pipes is.. Everything isn't for everybody and from the looks these don't do it for me. I am interested in seeing what the gains will be, and hearing a set of them. There would have to be significant gains to make me want to get these, and then I'm not sure I would give up my Rinehart's. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2007, 11:33:10 PM »

Only comment I can make on these pipes is.. Everything isn't for everybody and from the looks these don't do it for me. I am interested in seeing what the gains will be, and hearing a set of them. There would have to be significant gains to make me want to get these, and then I'm not sure I would give up my Rinehart's. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

I'm with you d00d. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I saw those photos. When Brad told me "They're not like anything else on the market today." I was hoping that was going to be a good thing.

Chief

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2007, 11:56:13 PM »

I was hoping that was going to be a good thing.

Are you saying they are  :puke:

Or just :sick2:

But definitely not :kiss2: ?

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2007, 12:16:37 AM »

Im  glad i dont have to say  cause i wouldnt be saying much good about the looks.  funky is at least acceptable but  honda parts on a harley  dosnt look to eagle-like :o
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2007, 10:38:49 AM »

I am a very happy and loyal customer of Freedom Cycles of Reno, NV
At the moment I am not looking on making any additional changes to my 06 CUSE
However, if I was I would still probably go back with Brad @ Freedom Cycles as I am so thankful for their Awesome customer service.
If the MoCo comes out with a 2008 SERG - mine will be shipped to Reno for Brad to work his magic and then on to hd-dude's for all the other bling

For the record I am not overly thrilled with the look of the new Freedom muffler but like many things looks can be deceiving

jeffj

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2007, 07:54:14 PM »

Aren't they going to sell these as a package thru drag speciaties?  Under the Yuill Bros name not freedom cycle.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

cigarmike

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2007, 09:42:01 PM »

And when I find ORANGE CHAPS with fringes no one will notice the pipes-AK

Andy, Friends dont let friends wear orange chaps with fringes. 

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2007, 09:49:29 PM »

At the risk of offending anyone, those are without a doubt the ugliest mufflers this side of a Gold Wing I've ever seen.  :oops: Sorry !

B B

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2007, 10:59:58 PM »

Andy, Friends dont let friends wear orange chaps with fringes. 

Thanks Mike,Jeff Week moment on my part. You guys brought me back from the edge,,,,,,,,,AK

cigarmike

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2007, 12:33:15 PM »

Im not going to comment on the looks of the pipes, cause to each their own, ...I will however tell you that I wont ride behind anyone that has these pipes, simply because I dont like anyone staring at me .
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 12:01:47 PM by Mike L »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2007, 01:07:22 PM »

Those little tubes must be where the pump emits the smoke screen and pepper spray for crotch rocket riders.

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2007, 03:47:21 PM »

Those little tubes must be where the pump emits the smoke screen and pepper spray for crotch rocket riders.

That’s funny, I was just about to inquire if anyone knew what they were.

Gregg

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2007, 05:14:39 PM »

And I told Andy that I would ride with him wearing orange chaps!   :huepfenjump3:
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2007, 10:38:04 PM »

Ok, I made a reverse decision here....I decided to go with the current design of Freedom Duals.  The order was to go in today.  I have to confess that the more I looked at those new design muffs, the less I cared for them.  Actually, it was the end caps that did it...I could have lived with the overall trapezoidal look...but the mini two-barrel look just didn't cut it for me.   Yeah, the new design may have a couple extra hp&tq numbers, but the current design looks like it belongs on a H-D.   

I spoke with Mark Yuill, late yesterday about ordering a set of the current duals and we discussed the "new design".  I offered up my opinion and my reasoning for going with the current duals...in the end, we agreed that the new looks just aren't for everyone...it's more of an "acquired taste" you might say.   So, if you like Scotch whiskey, you might like the new muffs. 

Also, FYI, for those who are going to hold out and continue to remain on the waiting list for the new stuff, you might also like to know that the "tool up" date is being pushed back.  I didn't get detail information other than there is some frustration going on in getting the "new" system geared up...so maybe an additional 1-2 months.  You might call for yourself to get more detailed information and a more exact timeframe. 

Regardless, the Yuill Bros are the greatest and provide some of the best products and customer service you will ever find not to mention their outstanding technical advice too.  Too bad some of the other "industry leaders" don't follow these guy's lead...the world would be a much better place.

Anyway, I can't wait for the box to arrive so I can get these things mounted and get tuned.

ez

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2007, 08:28:36 AM »

Is there going to be an optional end cap for these things or is that the final choice?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2007, 10:56:07 AM »

Theres only one end cap for now.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2007, 11:21:10 AM »

At the risk of offending anyone, those are without a doubt the ugliest mufflers this side of a Gold Wing I've ever seen.  :oops: Sorry !

B B

Hey! Brian
You know the old saying, beauty is only skin deep, But ugly is clear to the bone !!! Boy! me too I agree there bad!! I ordered a pair of the old style from Freedom and they were send to H-D Dudes I had him double check to make sure they were'nt these.

Don

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2007, 11:40:52 AM »

Ok, I made a reverse decision here....I decided to go with the current design of Freedom Duals.  The order was to go in today.  I have to confess that the more I looked at those new design muffs, the less I cared for them.  Actually, it was the end caps that did it...I could have lived with the overall trapezoidal look...but the mini two-barrel look just didn't cut it for me.   Yeah, the new design may have a couple extra hp&tq numbers, but the current design looks like it belongs on a H-D.   

I spoke with Mark Yuill, late yesterday about ordering a set of the current duals and we discussed the "new design".  I offered up my opinion and my reasoning for going with the current duals...in the end, we agreed that the new looks just aren't for everyone...it's more of an "acquired taste" you might say.   So, if you like Scotch whiskey, you might like the new muffs

Also, FYI, for those who are going to hold out and continue to remain on the waiting list for the new stuff, you might also like to know that the "tool up" date is being pushed back.  I didn't get detail information other than there is some frustration going on in getting the "new" system geared up...so maybe an additional 1-2 months.  You might call for yourself to get more detailed information and a more exact timeframe. 

Regardless, the Yuill Bros are the greatest and provide some of the best products and customer service you will ever find not to mention their outstanding technical advice too.  Too bad some of the other "industry leaders" don't follow these guy's lead...the world would be a much better place.

Anyway, I can't wait for the box to arrive so I can get these things mounted and get tuned.

ez
I love scotch, especially a good single malt, (as Ecqons calls it, "Nector of the Gods"), and those mufflers are just plain butt ugly...maybe with different end caps they could be salvaged.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Tros

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2007, 11:55:43 AM »

I saw the speedo and it does a lot of slick stuff. ( http://www.zippersperformance.com/catalogue/showproduct.asp?cat=583&prod=2098 ). I didn't see anything about an adjustable AFR control built into it, and specifically for the TMax?

Uhhh....changes for next winter! :-\

Hoist! 8)

That's a neat speedo/combo thingie. 

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2007, 05:40:35 PM »

I have been talking to the folks at Freedom  
I can see what you mean about being overwhelmed by the looks, and yes, they do look like they came off of a Goldwing. I really like my freedoms, I dont think I could put those new ones on my bike. Just my opinion of course.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »

Does anyone have any updates on these pipes.  Can't get any info at all from their website other than the pictures.

Thanks
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2007, 06:44:04 PM »

Does anyone have any updates on these pipes.  Can't get any info at all from their website other than the pictures.

Thanks

They are still in production. should be out very soon

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2007, 07:27:39 AM »

They say they have had production delays.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2007, 12:05:22 AM »

I spoke with Mark Yuill, late yesterday about ordering a set of the current duals and we discussed the "new design".  I offered up my opinion and my reasoning for going with the current duals...in the end, we agreed that the new looks just aren't for everyone...it's more of an "acquired taste" you might say.   So, if you like Scotch whiskey, you might like the new muffs. 

ez

Ok, its been a few weeks since I got the "original" Freedom Duals mounted and I have to say they are awesome!  Great fit and what I consider to be that perfect CVO sound....a nice mellow rumble on cruising and a mean junk yard dog bark when you roll on it.  I recently compared the fit & quality to another bike parked next to mine that had Rineharts...noticeable difference in the quality...even though Bub Ent. makes both systems.  The Freedoms have a higher quality heat shield system with a better fit and finish.  Also they made some nice allowances for brake pedal and engine clearance...sweet.  No issues with the install either although I had received two sets of instructions that sort of contradicted each other ie: Bub vs Freedom.  Overall, I am more than pleased with my decision and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to go the true-dual route as you can still get them (on a limited basis). 

I have yet to see/hear of anyone using the "new style" Freedom Duals.

ez.

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2007, 11:15:30 AM »

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2007, 01:35:08 PM »

where can be orderet and $

Freedom Cycle
9726 South Virginia St.
Reno, Nevada  89511

Phone #: (775) 358-3500   Ask for James or Brad Yuill to get information and current prices on all exhaust systems.  Especially since you would be looking at overseas shipping.  They are very easy to talk to and will explain everything you wish to know.  They have package deals available which include Power Commander and mapping software and air cleaners.   Also, do know that they guarantee and support their products...if any issues, they will make it right.   

Website: (still under construction but most areas are available)
www.freedomcyclereno.com

Also try this link:
http://www.dynasite.net/dynaweb/1000441/explore.cfm?p=N&store=Y&U=1&SS=1&S=1000441

E-mail: info@freedomcyclereno.com 
However, email is not recommended…as they get flooded with emails.

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.347 seconds with 21 queries.