Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: BOUGHT AN OVER PROCED chit BOX going legal now  (Read 7598 times)

shanev

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

BOUGHT AN OVER PROCED chit BOX going legal now
« on: February 05, 2017, 08:54:25 PM »

bought brand new cvo breakout ,  it has  300  km  only , never seen water or  rain and is stored as a treasured  bike in my air conditioned garage  , my tank and rear guards have been replaced  with rust lines under clear  ,  today I noticed  yet again rust spots forming  under brand new tank FFS ,  this over priced  bike is a joke and  I will never  buy another over priced rusting chit box Harley Davidson ,the cvo breakout forks leak,  the engine s are an embarrassment on start up back firing like a briggs and Stratton ,

my 10 year old  Honda vtx  is perfect  , brakes are better , gear box is better and no rust !!  and  was 1/3 of the price , doesn't look as good but the build quality of my Honda  chits on Harley Davidson  crap 

Harley Davidson hides behind  a following  of  one eyed supporters  who tolerate  an inferior product  , you got me once never ever again sorry for  getting the chits !! I am not a guy to ever vent but these bikes are a f$%*ing disgrace
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:00:06 AM by shanev »

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: BOUGHT AN OVER PROCED chit BOX
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 09:04:53 PM »

Just went to eye dr week before last, they both work and are slightly better than 20/20. I also like this Harley as I have all the others.
Had a couple Honda's, they were crap. One had total motor failure @ 350 miles. All Honda wanted to say for two days was this never happens, then they wanted to fix broken case. The other one had every problem a motorcycle could have with the transmission.
So I can not agree with you, but do hate you having problems.

Toofast_28

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 09:18:01 PM »

pics or it didn't happen. :worthless:

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 09:52:25 PM »

Hi Shanev
I feel your pain.
Even though it has been a common problem with the Breakouts your air conditioner could possibly be contributing towards the rust.
Is your air-conditioner a reverse cycle or a Swampy (Evaporative type cooling system)??
If you run a Swampy on low it will cause condensation in the air on a warm day and long term storage in these conditions will not be favourable, also are you in a humid climate.

X2 post a few pics.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 09:54:19 PM by Aussie »

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 10:06:30 PM »

As rants go I would have to say that one was pretty good.

If you hate it so much, take it out back and put a bullet in it and move on.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 10:13:53 PM »

Thank goodness for the naughty word filters. Lol

shanev

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 11:25:29 PM »

pics or it didn't happen. :worthless:

first was finger prints  that  would show up   and then was the rust line  under the clear

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 12:40:57 AM »

No, it's a totally legit complaint and you're not the first.  It does seem the QI on the CVO paint is missing and has been for years.

Squeeky wheel gets the grease but I'd suggest that you go over the entire bike now and go to the dealership with your list.  Present it professionally and let them know that this is your first Harley and that you are very unhappy.  I'd write a letter to the MoCo and include the photos at the same time and ask them if there's some form of compensation for their incompetence and your inconvenience (may$$ amount for future service or parts) but don't count on it. As a last resort, there's another Honda out there that will never have an issue of any kind.... :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

shanev

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 12:48:49 AM »

Just went to eye dr week before last, they both work and are slightly better than 20/20. I also like this Harley as I have all the others.
Had a couple Honda's, they were crap. One had total motor failure @ 350 miles. All Honda wanted to say for two days was this never happens, then they wanted to fix broken case. The other one had every problem a motorcycle could have with the transmission.
So I can not agree with you, but do hate you having problems.

must have put  Harley Davidson  oil in the Honda  on pre delivery perhaps  lol .  got to see the funny side of us all working hard to enjoy our bikes and to constantly let down by manufacturers

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: BOUGHT AN OVER PROCED chit BOX going legal now
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 08:27:32 AM »

Shane it's never been a secret that Harleys have antiquated technology and are not without their issues (just like all the other makes......look at their forums....even Honda and BMW has lemons).  You can get there faster on a Ducati, you can get there more reliable on a BMW but you can't argue with the fact that you look better doing it on a Harley!  :bananarock:

It's not just a motorcycle, it's a life style.  Go to one of our GTGs (Get Togethers) and meet some of the people from this forum and you'll see what I mean.  I've got friends, good friends that have become my best friends.....that I met right here on this forum 13 years ago and we ride together all across this nation now.  I'm a tad bit older than you, 66, and I've been doing this CVO thing for thirteen years and I've been happy with one model more than another but looking back on the big picture of things, experiences.......I would do it all over again, pretty much the same way.  :2vrolijk_21:

Go to the "Events" board and find yourself a GTG and start making your plans.  Or......just post a new question asking if there are any CVO owners in your area and lay out a ride and go for it.  Be sure to take your camera.  And as you're cruising around, having a great time, just be glad it's only finger prints under the clear coat and a pain in the azz and not motor issues!   :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 08:28:10 AM »

Sorry you are having this problem.  From the picture it looks like there are scratches etc. around that area of the bike.  I ride my bikes all the time so maybe storing it like that is causing some problems but I am not sure. It is odd that rust would come up through the paint and then the clear coat. I almost bought a 2006 CVO that had known paint issues on the rear fender. I looked and you could see a place where it was rusted under the clear coat but the paint itself was messed up as well.

I had a Honda Shadow (2006) and the rear shaft always made noise. I brought it in to be fixed three times and they could never fix it. I got rid of that bike in less than a year!  One my kids has a Yamaha (both boys have had one of these) and it is a total pain to work on and has many more issues than I like. I am fixing it one more time and then selling it.

The few issues I have ever had with Harleys the dealer always took care of them and I was always treated right! I can't complain.

What does your dealer say about these issues?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 02:36:57 PM by RonandJanet »

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 10:09:47 AM »

You can get there faster on a Ducati, you can get there more reliable on a BMW but you can't argue with the fact that you look better doing it on a Harley!  :bananarock:

Well Said!

ultrarider123

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 11:09:49 AM »

You can get there faster on a Ducati, you can get there more reliable on a BMW but you can't argue with the fact that you look better doing it on a Harley!  :bananarock:

JC, may I also add looking better sitting on the side of the road when the lifter fry..... ;D

harley2014

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 11:31:11 AM »

Bought my CVO Breakout new in 2013, it also suffered with rust under the clear coat.  Harley replaced the tank and both fenders, 2 two year ago Harley payed for the bike to have a full custom paint of my choosing, looks fantastic now. The problems is when the clear coat is added to the polished metal. if there is any moisture on the metal before the clear coat is added, it eventually turns to rust. This procedure just does not work, they had the same problem with the CVO Fatboy and CVO Springer, rust is still appearing on the models after 10+ years. I still have the Breakout, it is a keeper . ;D

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 12:01:06 PM »

Yep, Harleys have some "issues" Say what you will,,, Hot Chicks Dig Harleys  :coolblue:  and that's enough for me...

How many times has your Honda, BMW or whatever else (insert brand name here...) got you laid??  :nixweiss: 
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 01:58:16 PM »

Actually Heat,

I used to get lucky quite alot with my 86 Limited Edition Aspencade... ;D

BostonBoy

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 06:16:16 PM »

If y'all are still counting how many times you got laid y'all are doing it wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shanev

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 08:55:07 PM »

Sorry you are having this problem.  From the picture it looks like there are scratches etc. around that area of the bike.  I ride my bikes all the time so maybe storing it like that is causing some problems but I am not sure. It is odd that rust would come up through the paint and then the clear coat. I almost bought a 2006 CVO that had known paint issues on the rear fender. I looked and you could see a place where it was rusted under the clear coat but the paint itself was messed up as well.

I had a Honda Shadow (2006) and the rear shaft always made noise. I brought it in to be fixed three times and they could never fix it. I got rid of that bike in less than a year!  One my kids has a Yamaha (both boys have had one of these) and it is a total pain to work on and has many more issues than I like. I am fixing it more time and then selling it.

The few issues I have ever had with Harleys the dealer always took care of them and I was always treated right! I can't complain.

What does your dealer say about these issues?
they are just replacing them again ,  the bike doesn't get covered  , it sits in an air conditioned  garage that s more like a showroom , bike only travelled 300 km ,  have already had tank and rear fender replaced and its doing it again !! have not even taken the bike out or washed it or put water near it etc , beyond a joke

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 02:34:30 PM »

But his Avatar shows a line of Harleys :huepfenlol2:

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 03:18:33 PM »

Being small, shy, and introverted, I needed all the help I could get :huepfenlol2:
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 03:27:36 PM »

My paint gets chipped to hell from riding it. I don't have to worry about it getting rusted up sitting in the garage.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 04:22:10 PM »

Rooster,

That picture was taken at the 2nd highest point in Florida.   Sugarloaf Mtn in Astatula Fl.    What you see there is a the groups collective bikes.

Although he has a fine collection of his own.  3 if I remember correctly   The Road Glide, SEEG, and a Willie Glide.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 04:39:50 PM »

Being small, shy, and introverted, I needed all the help I could get :huepfenlol2:
Ed are you saying that Harleys and sex have something in common? I'm missing something!

BigLew

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 06:40:26 PM »

Well Shane, sorry to read about your experience. If I could toss in my 2 pennies I have a suggestion. Have someone else write a letter for you. I think it would carry a lot more weight and credibility.  ;)
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 07:04:23 PM »

Rooster,

That picture was taken at the 2nd highest point in Florida.   Sugarloaf Mtn in Astatula Fl.    What you see there is a the groups collective bikes.

Although he has a fine collection of his own.  3 if I remember correctly   The Road Glide, SEEG, and a Willie Glide.
Oh I see, sorry I only was responding to previous comment. :oops:

Saljemar

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2017, 11:02:33 AM »

I must be lucky because my 2013 CVO Breakout has no paint issues on the black and clear coated metal, looks as good as the day I bought it new and runs and sounds perfect.

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2017, 01:11:27 PM »

Just a quick observation. Why  when buying your bike, you didn't look it over for defects ?  Surely
 the fingerprints had to be noticed...

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2017, 03:03:53 PM »

Just a quick observation. Why  when buying your bike, you didn't look it over for defects ?  Surely
 the fingerprints had to be noticed...

Actually, that's not necessarily the case.  I had several fingerprints show up on my SEEG well after I took delivery, as did many others.  The salts and oils in the fingerprints attract moisture, which eventually makes them obvious.  And yes, the paint film is not completely vapor proof, regardless of what many may think.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

ematicic

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 Break Out
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2017, 02:58:17 PM »

I must be lucky because my 2013 CVO Breakout has no paint issues on the black and clear coated metal, looks as good as the day I bought it new and runs and sounds perfect.

I had my tank and rear Fender replaced, mine is same year and color scheme. Bought new in 2013 and work done in 2014 (rear Fender) and 2015 (Tank). In both instances the tins were replaced with better quality. The original fender did not stand a chance, there was just the clear coat around the hardware for the seats. The new one was properly painted. Same with the tank, the rust was creeping out from the center console. HD was quick to take it in and fix it even though the tank was 2 months out of warranty.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2017, 05:59:57 PM »

bought brand new cvo breakout ,  it has  300  km  only , never seen water or  rain and is stored as a treasured  bike in my air conditioned garage  , my tank and rear guards have been replaced  with rust lines under clear  ,  today I noticed  yet again rust spots forming  under brand new tank FFS ,  this over priced  bike is a joke and  I will never  buy another over priced rusting chit box Harley Davidson ,the cvo breakout forks leak,  the engine s are an embarrassment on start up back firing like a briggs and Stratton ,

my 10 year old  Honda vtx  is perfect  , brakes are better , gear box is better and no rust !!  and  was 1/3 of the price , doesn't look as good but the build quality of my Honda  chits on Harley Davidson  crap 

Harley Davidson hides behind  a following  of  one eyed supporters  who tolerate  an inferior product  , you got me once never ever again sorry for  getting the chits !! I am not a guy to ever vent but these bikes are a f$%*ing disgrace

:-\
Well,  as your follow on post showed with the finger prints,  that is obviously a "glitch" that got by during the painting process.  But..........as to your "rusting" concerns and your a/c garage,  that is or could be just how it goes with the recent years of Harleys quality control (or lack of)........especially with chrome.  I didn't bother to look up your home country via your (flag),  but it just might suggest that you live near the ocean. :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I live only 2 miles from the ocean in N. Carolina and my Harley sits in a a/c controlled garage.  Having owned Harleys when I lived up in Raleigh,  N.C.  (about 200 miles from the ocean),  and that garage was NOT a/c controlled.  I can tell ya for sure that living within a few miles of the ocean (a/c controlled garage or NOT)..........you will experience some degree of rust.  Harley in recent years "bragged" on bringing their chrome work (in house) instead of having it all done else where.  Guess what,  the chroming "quality" went down hill big time when that happened. ::)   
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 21 queries.