Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Switch from wet head  (Read 2036 times)

jpswino

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 Ultra Violet Street Glide with Lava Flames
    • CVO2: Backyard Choppers
Switch from wet head
« on: March 23, 2017, 04:26:27 AM »

Has anyone removed the wet head? Is the computer capable of reprogram so there is no engine light error? Any other issues to deal with?

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: Switch from wet head
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 07:30:26 PM »

Why would you want to do that?  What is it you want to accomplish, i.e., do you want to delete the lower fairings, or what?  Even after switching heads ($$$$) and adding a tuner, You'd still have the useless water pump on it but no oil cooler (mo' money).

Why not sell it and buy an air-cooled model?
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Smarty

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 09:25:46 PM »

Has anyone removed the wet head? Is the computer capable of reprogram so there is no engine light error? Any other issues to deal with?
Yes, we did this last fall on a 15 CVO Streetglide. Built it to 117 and downloaded the correct program with Direct Link for the normal air cooled heads. No codes, no faults, nothing. Runs really good too.

jpswino

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 Ultra Violet Street Glide with Lava Flames
    • CVO2: Backyard Choppers
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 03:01:25 PM »

Thanks Smarty, my 110 went to hell at 17k Miles with lifter fail. Switching to S&S 124.
2015 CVO streetglide
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:03:00 PM by jpswino »

Sportster-Knee

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AK

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 06:19:43 PM »

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I think it's likely more relevant topic these days than before, as they're are likely more owners looking at this option.

I have someone with a 2015 CVO SG-110 that's got a lot of issues going on (lifters, pinion runout, possible oil pump issue, etc..) and wanting to give me the 110" in trade for the labor of installing an S&S 124" in his bike.

I'm wondering what will be involved in the swap for the 124"?

I assume:

- ECU reprogram
- remove/cap-off coolant components
- ???

Is it likely to be that simple, or are there other factors I've missed here? I'd sure like to hear from anyone else who's done a wet-to-dry conversion on one of these bikes.

I'm an S&S dealer, so I can get anything needed from them, as well as Dyno-Jet to cover tuning issues.

Also curious if there's any way to make use of the old 110" wet-heads on the 110" engine coming out of the bike, as far as using the 110" in one of my projects. Though I figure I'll likely just have to swap them out for dry-heads before being able to use the 110" for anything else., which isn't the end of the world as I've got a good set on the shelf in my used parts pile...

Thanks in advance for any input.

Andy

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.