Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: JCZ toy hauler....  (Read 30844 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: JCZ toy hauler....
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2017, 08:37:30 AM »

Resident of SD now?
What did you give them for an address?

My South Dakota address.  :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2017, 08:49:21 AM »

Can't find a camping spot during the rally but look at it today......

Our 5th wheel and truck to the far left in this photo....

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2017, 09:00:16 AM »

Places we visited yesterday......

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2017, 10:52:16 AM »

OK, those pics were taken with my iphone.  Here are the pics I took with my Nikon....

Just in case you wondered....this is Main St. in Sturgis a month after the rally....

and Deadwood.....

and Crazy Horse Monument.  It sure doesn't look like much progress in the past 12 years.....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2017, 10:59:21 AM »

And many of you will recognize Needles Hwy.  It's a challenge to get a car through several of those tunnels.  It was a real challenge doing it in a dually!  Going back today on the bike......just cuz I can.  :P

These photos are taken through my front windshield as I folded the mirrors in and proceeded through.  The couple on the bike at the far end videoed me coming through in my Superduty dually.  They are on a CVO and from Vancouver, BC, Canada.  They didn't know anything about this forum so I did what I always do....gave them a business card for this forum.

This tunnel is called "Eye Of The Needle" and that's where the name "Needles Hwy." comes from.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:46:10 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2017, 11:12:42 AM »

And for those of you that have been through Custer State Park and on the Wildlife Loop, you'll recognize these culprits.  They are the official Custer State Park food inspectors.  They stop each vehicle and shake you down for food.  They are not bashful.....they will put their head right in your vehicle.....but my truck was a little to high for them....

and another of the tunnels through the rocks....

and through this tunnel you can see Mt. Rushmore and the four president's heads on the mountain in the distance as you come out of the tunnel....

Arriving back home for the evening.  Through a couple of rib eye steaks on the grill.  Not sure why the TV pictures don't show up in photos....watching UFC on the outside TV....

Another great day of living our dream........   :bananarock:

West Coast GTG   

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • Twisted Rides
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2017, 01:42:00 PM »

Outstanding pics and adventure. I think you are living MANY people's dream!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:26:48 PM by RoadTrip »
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2017, 12:49:38 AM »

So where is the "first stop"?
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2017, 01:10:11 AM »

So where is the "first stop"?

We've already stopped several times Alan.  See my FB page.  Posting a new ride report tomorrow on here........just for you.   :P

By the way, as I was leaving Sturgis this morning I noticed my "check engine" light and the "battery" light were both on so I drove straight to Black Hills Harley Davidson back in Rapid City (about 20 miles).  By the time I got to the dealership my volt meter was down to 8-9 volts so I had a pretty good idea it was the stator.

It was the stator and compensator.  They replaced both under the extended warranty.  I knew the compensator was getting ready to go out due to how it would kick back when I'd go to start it after it had been sitting for awhile.  Anyway, $50 deductable on a bill that would have been $1017.....so an inconvenience but I' happy I didn't get stuck on the side of the road waiting for a flat bed. 

West Coast GTG   

luc.who

• Senior CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Slate gray/Black
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2017, 05:30:18 AM »

Very Kewl pictures and relaxation.... I am following your posts!  May go look for your FB page...  thanks for the pics and posts..

2012 FLHXSE3 Slate Gray/ Diamond Black
Drago Heads & 580 Cams
118 HP and 125 TQ
Built & Tuned by Wide Open Cycles in Virginia
TTS Master Tuner
Fullsac DX Header
Rinehart 4inch slip ons

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2017, 09:33:28 AM »

My South Dakota address.  :nixweiss:

RV Camp lot #?

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2017, 10:26:04 AM »

Never have bought the ESP but in the future! Thanks for the update sir!

BigLew

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2017, 12:56:45 AM »

We've already stopped several times Alan.  See my FB page.  Posting a new ride report tomorrow on here........just for you.   :P

By the way, as I was leaving Sturgis this morning I noticed my "check engine" light and the "battery" light were both on so I drove straight to Black Hills Harley Davidson back in Rapid City (about 20 miles).  By the time I got to the dealership my volt meter was down to 8-9 volts so I had a pretty good idea it was the stator.

It was the stator and compensator.  They replaced both under the extended warranty.  I knew the compensator was getting ready to go out due to how it would kick back when I'd go to start it after it had been sitting for awhile.  Anyway, $50 deductable on a bill that would have been $1017.....so an inconvenience but I' happy I didn't get stuck on the side of the road waiting for a flat bed.
I have been following you on FB, I meant where are you guys going to stop and do the "work exchange" program?
Great news items were covered under ESP, you are the master of getting your moneys worth out of that contract for sure!
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2017, 07:23:53 AM »

Alan, we're headed to Norman, Oklahoma next week to get the brake conversion from drum brakes to disc brakes at Performance Trailer Braking.  Pricey, but what's a life worth.....especially when we're talkin bout our lives.  :nixweiss:

https://www.performancetrailerbraking.com/

Then we're headed over to Heber Springs, Ark. for the Workampers Rendevouz.  After that........who knows where.  No place like San Diego in the winter but hopefully someplace that's not to cold.  I hear they need some work campers down in Florida to help clean up.  :nervous:

West Coast GTG   

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2017, 02:23:17 AM »

Alan, we're headed to Norman, Oklahoma next week to get the brake conversion from drum brakes to disc brakes at Performance Trailer Braking.  Pricey, but what's a life worth.....especially when we're talkin bout our lives.  :nixweiss:

https://www.performancetrailerbraking.com/

Then we're headed over to Heber Springs, Ark. for the Workampers Rendevouz.  After that........who knows where.  No place like San Diego in the winter but hopefully someplace that's not to cold.  I hear they need some work campers down in Florida to help clean up.  :nervous:
Florida makes sense right now and your right, not such a bad place to spend a winter..
Alan
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 22 queries.