Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: whats your bike worth  (Read 11159 times)

MC16LTD

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited (FLHTKSE)
Re: whats your bike worth
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2017, 11:41:40 AM »

My bike is my gift from my wife after 23 years of Active Duty to protect freedom and 'merica.  We all know that freedom is not free but keeping it is priceless.  So my bike and in turn wife are both priceless to me and that is all that really matters.
2016 CVO Limited Palladium Silver & Phantom Blu, Fullsac DX w/2" Power Cores and Sleeves, SERT, Wild1's 10" mini-apes, HogTrough drink holder for those hot or cold days.

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2017, 08:50:03 PM »

dealer offered me $19K straight out purchase for my 13 FLHTCUSE8 with 45,000 miles. Said retail was about 24 - 25 but then said we have a 110 anniversary CVO ultra classic that we have lowered the price to $22K on and cannot sell it.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2017, 07:43:16 AM »

Good perspective.  When I got my '04 SEEG I thought it could very well be the last bike I bought.  I could not believe I had such a nice motorcycle every time I got on it.  Absolutely loved everything about that bike.  A few years later I got the itch for a 2000 SERG.  Found a nice one-owner trade in 2007 and bought it.  Then could not live without a blue flame FXR3.  Had the CVO bug, and had it bad.

Those early years, probably through '06 or so, with the CVO Fat Boys and V-Rods were probably the pinnacle of the CVO line, at least to me.  Since then, all the over-production, fewer CVO-specific vs. regular catalog parts and iffy paint combos have changed what Custom Vehicle Operations stood for, again, IMO.

Didn't make one red cent on the SEEG or the FXR3 (should've kept that one, dammit) and certainly won't on the SERG or the SEUC whenever the time comes to let them go.  But I've had more than my fair share of fun since the fall of 2003 when that SEEG arrived on its pallet at the dealer.  And, better yet, through my involvement on this site, I have made lifelong friends that I would've never met, otherwise. 

So, it's all good.  :2vrolijk_21:

I agree the 04 SEEG was the best bike I had.....should have never sold OleBlu

load97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2017, 12:16:41 PM »

I hate that but it's just like a cage...the only way to truly get your $ back out of it is to ride the hell out of it and keep repairing it until the cost of the repair is more than the bike is worth.  I have an 04 Nissan Titan (bought new) with 350,000 miles on the clock, my bike has nearly 50,000 on her, got 110,000 on my work car, and wife's Armada has 180,000. I hope they all keep running cause I don't plan to get rid of any of them until all the good is gone, then just give it to the tow company for reimbursement and a ride home!

LOL. My wife and I aren't far off. Our 2004 Saturn Vue has 237k on it, and our 2007 Dodge Nitro has 190k on it. Though, once the wife finishes college in 2.5 years, I'm going to be looking at getting a truck again for the towing capacity.
2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black *Traded*

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2017, 02:35:21 PM »

Well, when you get ready I've got a Nisan Titan I'll put on you right, she still pulls like a mule but it's a 2-stroke now...gotta add oil every time you put gas in it, haha!

load97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2017, 07:28:42 AM »

LOL.

I add a quart in between 5k oil changes lol.
2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black *Traded*

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2017, 12:16:05 PM »

I bought a new Nissan Titan in '04, first model year for them.  I think mine was an SL with all the goodies.  I had the BEST factory sound system, a Rockford Fosgate with sub under the driver's seat.  We bought a new '04 Nissan Murano the same year.  I got rid of the Titan with around 85k miles about four years ago.  It was my back and forth to work truck.  At 12 mpg I couldn't afford to keep driving it around 300 mile a week.

My wife now drives a '16 GMC Terrain Denali and loves it, but not as much as her Murano.  She said that the Murano just fit her better.

Well I'm now driving the Murano and without Bluetooth, GPS etc, I had to do some tweaks.  I added a new Pioneer AVIC-7220NEC with GPS, XM Sirrius, HD radio, Bluetooth and backup camera.  To do this I had to replace the main center section of the dash with all the push buttons for heater etc.  That was over $200 alone.  So after I did the install myself, I ended up with around $1200 into it.  I just had a remote start installed two weeks ago at Best Buy.  So it "fits" me now to a tee.  It really is a great SUV AWD and gets in the low 20's for mpg.  With only 108k miles, it still looks just like new.  I'll drive it for another couple years and just before I retire, I'm looking to get a Nissan Titan XD with the Cummins 5.0L diesel turbo.  Should get in the mid 20's for mileage, not too bad.  It comes with a 5th wheel hitch installed so a camper and toy hauler may be in my retired life's future.

Sorry to ramble guys.  :(
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

KE8LW

• 2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2017, 07:02:23 AM »

Whats your bike worth. This is a warning to all bikers thinking of upgrading to a CVO. They aren't worth anything. Mine is a 2014 ultra limited with 20000 miles. Trade in value is 22000 and thats from Harley. So I have lost 20000 grand in just 3 years. Harley always bregged about resale value. I was talking to a dealer in Seattle Wa. and he the #1 worst value on trade in right now is a harley CVO.

Well were damned if we ride damned if we ride.  I agree that I will not buy another CVO.  This is my second a$$ whooping.  Like you I bought the 2014 CVO limited tried to get trade.  Mind you mine has 91K on it, but has Warranty until 2021 - and paint truly is flawless.  I was offered 15,200 in Kalamazoo,Mi.  With an offer like this I'm willing to explore options..........I N D I A N ............... Let Harley keep them.  What is funny when I bought mine Harley wouldn't finance their own bike unless I put money down because the bike value was not as high as their selling price.  Sucks...........and I'm irritated as well.
2014 FLHTKSE - 110" 96HP / 112 TQ
2008 FLHTCU - 121 HP / 127 TQ 120R
1999 FLHTCUI - 88" slight cam
2004 FXDLI - 88" Bone Stock :(

skorch

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHXSE gunship Gray
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2017, 02:45:51 PM »

Well were damned if we ride damned if we ride.  I agree that I will not buy another CVO.  This is my second a$$ whooping.  Like you I bought the 2014 CVO limited tried to get trade.  Mind you mine has 91K on it, but has Warranty until 2021 - and paint truly is flawless.  I was offered 15,200 in Kalamazoo,Mi.  With an offer like this I'm willing to explore options..........I N D I A N ............... Let Harley keep them.  What is funny when I bought mine Harley wouldn't finance their own bike unless I put money down because the bike value was not as high as their selling price.  Sucks...........and I'm irritated as well.
I agree... I have been offered anywhere from 10,000 all the way to 16,000 in the last month at all the surrounding dealers. Indian will go to 20,000 without even looking at it...what the hell has happened ?! especially when all the local harley dealers have been ghost towns....only thing selling is t shirts for Christmas! I think I will wait until the dealer desperation occurs then see what they will offer. I still shocked at the new 2016 models still for sale collecting dust.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.