Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Road Glide LED Fog Lamp Mount Kit - Chrome  (Read 3528 times)

airborne350g

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA
Road Glide LED Fog Lamp Mount Kit - Chrome
« on: July 14, 2017, 08:33:26 AM »

Trying to figure out why HD does not list the 68000183 Road Glide LED Fog Lamp Mount Kit - Chrome as a part that fits the FLRTUSE. Can there be that much difference in fairing and mount of a regular Road Glide Ultra?

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Road Glide LED Fog Lamp Mount Kit - Chrome
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 05:14:38 PM »

Does seem strange. I mounted a set on a '15 about 2 years ago and they fit fine.

Maczter

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 12:14:21 AM »

That's weird is does not list it, but I just got done installing them on my '16 CVO RGU.  Worked fine.
2016 CVO RGU, Stardust Silver/Palladium Silver, VH Pipes and American Custom headers, VH Tuner, Klock Werks windshield, Harley Boom II Sound System

Maczter

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 12:51:34 AM »

Have you bought yet?  If not, PM me before you do, have a question for you.
2016 CVO RGU, Stardust Silver/Palladium Silver, VH Pipes and American Custom headers, VH Tuner, Klock Werks windshield, Harley Boom II Sound System

airborne350g

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 04:53:29 PM »

That's weird is does not list it, but I just got done installing them on my '16 CVO RGU.  Worked fine.

SO you are saying that you mounted them on yours and it went on just fine?

Maczter

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 10:46:27 PM »

Yes sir.  Worked great.

Maczter

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 10:47:01 PM »

One more pic.

CJB2011

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 08:25:54 PM »

One more pic.

Do you think this would fix my 2011 RGU ??

Maczter

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 03:01:24 PM »

Well, that's a good question.  Not sure what the differences are between the 2011 and the 2015, as far as the turn signal mount and the fairing shape.  The fitment guide only lists 2015-2017, but also does not list my RGU as fitting either, and it does.  My advise is, take apart your turn signal mount, and compare it to the install guide on the MoCo website.  The actual mounts are less than $100 ($88 at Surdyke), so if you were to buy them and do a test fit (without drilling holes), you would easily tell.  Return them if they don't.  I can say that even after I drilled the holes, they did not seem to fit as well as I would have thought, BUT as soon as I tightened them down to specs, they pulled right in and fit great.  I had a little paint chipping around my drilled holes, even though I used tape to protect it, so I went and bought some touch up paint in case it could be seen.  No worries at all, cannot even see it when trying to find it.  My gut tells me it will physically fit, but since your bike is NOT a Canbus system bike, you will have to use a handlebar mounted switch, unless you are creative enough to figure out a dash switch.  There is a different harness you will need from the one I used.

Another option, is the Kuryakyn light kit, http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/2/fairing-mounted-driving-lights-with-turn-signals

CJB2011

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 03:41:13 PM »

thanks for the information

Glenncarp

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 04:10:16 PM »

Well, that's a good question.  Not sure what the differences are between the 2011 and the 2015, as far as the turn signal mount and the fairing shape.  The fitment guide only lists 2015-2017, but also does not list my RGU as fitting either, and it does.  My advise is, take apart your turn signal mount, and compare it to the install guide on the MoCo website.  The actual mounts are less than $100 ($88 at Surdyke), so if you were to buy them and do a test fit (without drilling holes), you would easily tell.  Return them if they don't.  I can say that even after I drilled the holes, they did not seem to fit as well as I would have thought, BUT as soon as I tightened them down to specs, they pulled right in and fit great.  I had a little paint chipping around my drilled holes, even though I used tape to protect it, so I went and bought some touch up paint in case it could be seen.  No worries at all, cannot even see it when trying to find it.  My gut tells me it will physically fit, but since your bike is NOT a Canbus system bike, you will have to use a handlebar mounted switch, unless you are creative enough to figure out a dash switch.  There is a different harness you will need from the one I used.

Another option, is the Kuryakyn light kit, http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/2/fairing-mounted-driving-lights-with-turn-signals.

I owned a '11 and now a '16. Setup for mounting of front fairing and turn signals is TOTALLY different. I can't see them being interchangeable whatsoever. Just my opinion though

easyryder01

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 03:31:21 PM »

I'm having a problem loading my pic of my 2016 FLTRUSE with the lamps mounted. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 07:08:56 AM by easyryder01 »

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 22 queries.