Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Home  (Read 1292 times)

WRE4U

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 Harley Davidson CVO Softail Convertible FLSTSE3
New Home
« on: July 18, 2017, 06:22:58 PM »

Need some recommendations....just purchased a new home and want to put a floor covering on the garage floor. I have researched Racetrack tiles, epoxy, sealer, and most all other applications you could think of. So far the most bang for buck seems to be a product called "Rust Bullet" which is a DIY product. Anybody have any insight to what is the way to go, what you would have done differently, and any helpful hints for me? Thanks in advance!

Next up will be the garage storage systems!
2012 Harley Davidson CVO Softail
Convertible  FLSTSE3

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: New Home
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 06:40:00 PM »

Need some recommendations....just purchased a new home and want to put a floor covering on the garage floor. I have researched Racetrack tiles, epoxy, sealer, and most all other applications you could think of. So far the most bang for buck seems to be a product called "Rust Bullet" which is a DIY product. Anybody have any insight to what is the way to go, what you would have done differently, and any helpful hints for me? Thanks in advance!

Next up will be the garage storage systems!
Check out this guys stuff, he's also on YouTube and probably has everything you want
http://obsessedgarage.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 08:19:16 PM »

Rock Solid by Rustoleum. It is a polycuramate and it is holding up in my shop. Just follow the instructions to a T and you will be good to go. Oh and BTW I also put a clear coat of the product over the color.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

windjammer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTSSE2 sold
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 09:19:35 PM »

I used a product made here in Florida called Tuf-Top Concrete Floor & Driveway Enamel/Stain, it is a concrete stain that looks like a painted surface when dried goes on nice and looks great. Guaranteed not to lift from hot tires and comes is an array of colors.

mark

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 03:57:29 PM »

Join Garage Journal...it's a forum.  More info there than you'll ever need.  Rust Bullet gets good reviews on that site.  The key to any garage covering is the prep...which can be a PITA, depending on the condition of your floor.  Also, go with a commercial grade covering. The "home owner" kits from the big box stores will come up when exposed to hot tires.

I have RaceDeck and it's a good floor, no prep, but shows dirt, etc, very easily.  Stay away from the light colors (yellow, white, etc).

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 04:16:30 PM »

Race Deck is pretty cool but here in Florida you can get some nasty mold under it and it sucks to clean if you do get mold because you have to take it up, clean and then reinstall. Stuff you spill seeps between the "tiles" slowly but it does seep.
The finishes like you see in the NASCAR shops is good, but the main thing is the prep, a homeowner will not grind, acid wash, pressure wash and then apply the finish then the clear. It is just to much work to do correctly and to time consuming.
Hire a reputable company and spend the bucks and it will last a long time in your garage. Use a kit from big box store or online and you will have a mess in a year when it starts to bubble and lift.

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 05:34:56 PM »

Very good advice  :2vrolijk_21:

Race Deck is pretty cool but here in Florida you can get some nasty mold under it and it sucks to clean if you do get mold because you have to take it up, clean and then reinstall. Stuff you spill seeps between the "tiles" slowly but it does seep.
The finishes like you see in the NASCAR shops is good, but the main thing is the prep, a homeowner will not grind, acid wash, pressure wash and then apply the finish then the clear. It is just to much work to do correctly and to time consuming.
Hire a reputable company and spend the bucks and it will last a long time in your garage. Use a kit from big box store or online and you will have a mess in a year when it starts to bubble and lift.

WRE4U

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 Harley Davidson CVO Softail Convertible FLSTSE3
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 06:42:57 AM »

Thanks guys for all the info!!  It is a rather smaller sized garage (21'x 21') and was quoted $1900 by a professional.....I think I could do a decent job with the washing, sealer, and the painting for a lot less!  Top-Tuf, or Rust Bullet will probably be one of the final choices....and save me $1000 to $1500.  Thanks again for all your replies and helpful information.

2012 Harley Davidson CVO Softail
Convertible  FLSTSE3

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 22 queries.