Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Twin cam lifters  (Read 11523 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Re: Twin cam lifters
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2017, 10:41:18 AM »

You did good  :2vrolijk_21:

Cheers :drink:

Been out for a 20mile test ride stopped three times to check it over. Opened her up ( not hard) to 90mph run like a top. ( And no oil leakage :nixweiss:) felt like it even had more get up n go.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Re: Twin cam lifters "Update"
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2017, 03:34:55 AM »

Well it's been a week and 300 mi and I'm one happy roller the motor sounds better than ever.

With the start of the primary noise, being the inner primary case bearing and clutch hub spline failure makeing it heavy dropping into gear and giving up on getting into "N" had to shut down the motor.
Since the repair of the primary can't hear anything from it. Dropping into gear is a small clunk and no forward jerking of the bike. "N" is a breeze.

Then the repairs and upgrades in this thread the motor sounds great. As I'm riding at any speed the motor overall is quite only the popping of each cylinder firing out of the exhaust and a sweet humming from the motor.

In both cases I would have had a hell of a time if not for you guys that shared your knowledge and skills with advice and guidance with me.

Thanks to you all. Here's to you :drink: :drink:,....... I'd have a drink for all of you but I'd be legless ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:38:02 AM by longlast »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Twin cam lifters "Update"
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2017, 10:41:55 AM »

Well it's been a week and 300 mi and I'm one happy roller the motor sounds better than ever.

I'd be just gobsmacked to have all that buttoned up and running quiet and well too.  Congrats to you and the bike and the garage it all got done in  :drink: .

Well Done Well Done!!!

J.D.

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2017, 03:45:13 PM »

For me personally, it's always a very good feeling to diagnose and fix my own bike.  By fix I mean professional, high quality results.

ssls6

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CUSE-DARK
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2017, 05:59:43 AM »

I agree.  It's a weird way to bond with a bike but that is exactly how I feel....that I have bonded. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.