Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Repacing Hand Brake Lever  (Read 809 times)

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
Repacing Hand Brake Lever
« on: July 31, 2017, 06:36:25 PM »

I'm inquiring if there is anything that should or should not be done when replacing the front brake lever. I purchased the Oberon adjustable levers to replace the OEM brake and clutch levers. Oberon's instructions reference "refer to the service manual", I check into the service manual and there is no specific info for the brake lever replacement, I haven't replaced a lever since 2007 (Std. FLTRU) - prior to owning a CVO - no need to change to a chrome lever, If I recall correctly - prior info was when removing the brake hand controls from the bars was to be careful with the internal switch.  I should not need to remove the switch/lever housing from the handle bars to replace the lever, but just checking since I could not find any specifics in the service manual.

Any info would be appreciated.

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '15 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
Re: Repacing Hand Brake Lever
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 10:32:04 AM »

Hi

Have a look at this thread https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=110304.0

This should contain all the info you are looking for, including a tutorial reference.

Greetings   lolo

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
Re: Repacing Hand Brake Lever
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 10:18:39 AM »

Thanks Lolo, sorry I missed your reply, I did get them installed with no problems and I'm pleased with their functionality, I'm now able to utilize four fingers on pull back, had a problem with the finish on one of the levers when received and "Gary" was very responsive and sent out a replacement. 

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.