Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Milwaukee Bucks Sell Jersey Sponsorship To Harley-Davidson  (Read 1933 times)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Milwaukee Bucks Sell Jersey Sponsorship To Harley-Davidson
« on: August 11, 2017, 07:09:20 AM »

What next?   :nixweiss:

Milwaukee Bucks Sell Jersey Sponsorship To Harley-Davidson.

Yes, the (Harley-Davidson) logo’s going to be on our uniforms, but people tattoo it on their bodies.

And now, the irony:

Section 12: Prohibited Activities of the Uniform Player Contract in the latest iteration of the CBA reads:

Accordingly, the Player agrees that he will not, without the written consent of the Team, engage in any activity that a reasonable person would recognize as involving or exposing the participant to a substantial risk of bodily injury including, but not limited to: (iii) driving or riding on a motorcycle or moped; If the Player violates this Paragraph 12, he shall be subject to discipline imposed by the Team and/or the Commissioner of the NBA

Does this prove that basketball players are wimps?   :nixweiss:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
Re: Milwaukee Bucks Sell Jersey Sponsorship To Harley-Davidson
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 09:26:31 AM »

Puts a new spin on " Wana Be " as in,
"Wana be riding on anything but this stationary bike coach."
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 09:57:32 AM »

(In Waler Brennan's voice) Well, dolgarnit that'll git them thar younguns to go a-buying them Harley Davidson motorsickles, by cracky!  :idea:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

HoustonAgingDad

• I ride a '10 FLHTCUI
    • TX

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 12:08:03 PM »

What next?   :nixweiss:

Milwaukee Bucks Sell Jersey Sponsorship To Harley-Davidson.

Yes, the (Harley-Davidson) logo’s going to be on our uniforms, but people tattoo it on their bodies.

And now, the irony:

Section 12: Prohibited Activities of the Uniform Player Contract in the latest iteration of the CBA reads:

Accordingly, the Player agrees that he will not, without the written consent of the Team, engage in any activity that a reasonable person would recognize as involving or exposing the participant to a substantial risk of bodily injury including, but not limited to: (iii) driving or riding on a motorcycle or moped; If the Player violates this Paragraph 12, he shall be subject to discipline imposed by the Team and/or the Commissioner of the NBA

Does this prove that basketball players are wimps?   :nixweiss:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:

I would think it proves more that a team owner doesn't want to pay millions of dollars to someone who could get hurt. It's not like they don't want to ride bikes. (actually many of them still do).   The contract you're quoting though seems like it protects the assets of the team and has nothing to do with if the player wants to ride or not.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 12:14:23 PM »

I would think it proves more that a team owner doesn't want to pay millions of dollars to someone who could get hurt. It's not like they don't want to ride bikes. (actually many of them still do).   The contract you're quoting though seems like it protects the assets of the team and has nothing to do with if the player wants to ride or not.

I think you are correct, sir. And if it wasn't patently obvious, the last line of my post was meant to be a joke.   ::)

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 12:56:13 PM »

I think you are correct, sir. And if it wasn't patently obvious, the last line of my post was meant to be a joke.   ::)

That's an issue I'd never had reason to think about until Roethslisberger (sic?) wrecked early in his career.

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 01:02:37 PM »

BUT, they can go to a bar drinking. take a chance of getting shot or a DUI and have a wreck & getting killed. But I guess you can do all this at Wal Mart as well         :nixweiss:
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 01:42:01 PM »

BUT, they can go to a bar drinking. take a chance of getting shot or a DUI and have a wreck & getting killed. But I guess you can do all this at Wal Mart as well         :nixweiss:

My hunch here is you're considering this the wrong way.  Ownership knows full well that they are dealing with young men who are intensely competitive and not keen on not doing what the don't want to do.  These types of contract stipulations are as much if not more about relieving ownership of salary obligations if the young man does do something stupid as they are about really thinking they are going to stop stupid things.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 22 queries.