Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 2018 CVO Roadglide "UGLY"  (Read 8705 times)

Mjspiz

• 2021 CVO Triglide
    • TX

Re: 2018 CVO Roadglide "UGLY"
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 12:04:21 PM »

RG's have always been ugly going back to the original FLT.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 12:13:55 PM »

I try not to criticize what someone rides in a bike or a spouse because I'm sure someone is in love with them somewhere.  :huepfenlol2:

As my late mother-in-law used to say "That's why they make chocolate and vanilla."

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 12:15:14 PM »

I agree if what Yamaha just put out is of what to come from Japan, HD has a lot to overcome. I have owned HD for decades, can't justify to spend my hard earned money on dinosaur technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny you mention the dinosaur technology. Was just in a metric dealer the other day and he won't stock a new Venture because it went from a water cooled bike to an air cooled vtwin. Lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

dghboy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2010 CVO STREET GLIDE
2018 CVO Roadglide "UGLY"
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2017, 12:17:14 PM »

Sorry not enough change to justify the higher prices.

Ride it like you stole it!!!

dghboy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2010 CVO STREET GLIDE
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2017, 12:28:17 PM »

Funny you mention the dinosaur technology. Was just in a metric dealer the other day and he won't stock a new Venture because it went from a water cooled bike to an air cooled vtwin. Lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well if Yamaha made that change it was to please the American Twin Crowd. I don't suspect a bad quality change from Yamaha. Their bikes tend to be highly reliable bikes. Only time will tell.

Ride it like you stole it!!!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2017, 12:29:11 PM »

I try not to criticize what someone rides in a bike or a spouse because I'm sure someone is in love with them somewhere.  :huepfenlol2:

As my late mother-in-law used to say "That's why they make chocolate and vanilla."

Good philosophy.  To each their own.

And some vanilla ice cream comes in fancy packaging, and some is generic packaging, and some is just plain weird, but somebody somewhere will buy it usually.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2017, 04:52:58 PM »

now you got my ATTENTION cause this fat kid loves ice cream and road glides in any flavor  ;)
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

jcd520

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2017, 05:05:22 PM »

And guess what else you get for 41k....................You cannot put lowers on the cvo rg!!!
They will not fit with the knockout wheels............not even if you change the engine guard.
Are you f@#$%#$# kidding me???---------I was all set to buy one till  I got to studying putting the lowers on( I wont ride one with out them).
Oh well , I have been waiting for a year to see if the MOCO would make a M8 in a CVO RG and now that they have I am really disappointed ------------Unless I can come up with a fix for this Im out! So far if you look in the catalog it says the lowers will NOT fit with the knockout wheels. Cant really understand why-------on my 12rg there is plenty of room when turning the handlebars between the back of the fender and the lowers---can it be that the fender hits the lowers on a 21" wheel??? I doubt it. If someone on here sees that I am misinterpreting something let me know but right now thats the way I understand it.

9/1/2017

Update on the "no Lowers on RG"
I spoke with my dealer , who called the MOCO about this. They confirmed that they had had many calls concerning the issue. The description of fairing lowers in the P&A catalog says they will not fit with knockout wheels (knockout wheels come stock on 2018 SERG).
Also if you look in the catalog at Knockout wheels , the description say "will not work with fairing lowers". This specifically means the 21"front --------The motor company intimated  to my dealer they were concerned about handling problems with the 21'front wheel and lower fairings.
MY opinion---I don't think the fender(with 21"wheel and different fender as comes on the SERG) will hit the fairing lowers when you turn the handlbars if lowers were installed , there seems to be lots of room there on my 2012----I think the normal engine guard and lower fairings will bolt right on the RG as normal , but apparently the MOCO feels that the bike is unstable at speeds or under certain conditions. They didn't actually say this in so many words to my dealer but this is what he read between the lines-------------Any one have any input as to your thoughts on this ???They also said there might be something in the works to remedy this down the line sometime------------go figure!!!!

Anyway , I know its not an issue for lots of you , maybe most of you , but it is to me. I have always run lowers on touring bikes and always will-----------not so much for the wind , but if you ride in the rain its a really big deal. I do respect those who feel differently , again----------Chocolate and Vanilla!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:48:48 AM by jcd520 »

Mjspiz

• 2021 CVO Triglide
    • TX

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2017, 05:09:15 PM »

I'm not criticizing, just agreeing with the topic.. and adding that they are all ugly.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2017, 05:22:43 PM »

the SG got the 21 front wheel or not  :nixweiss: cause it has lowers...the RG dose have a new crash bar that wont accommodate the lowers,thinking you change the CB you can add lowers
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

jcd520

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2017, 05:27:20 PM »

The SG does NOT have the 21 knockout wheel on the front----------the RG does in fact knockouts on both ends. Nevertheless , the catalog says that lower fairings will NOT work with knockout wheels (as on the CVO RG)

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2017, 05:56:03 PM »

HA! I hate lowers and would never buy them and even if the bike came with them they'd be the first things to come off.... Vanilla and chocolate for sure.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2017, 08:33:41 PM »

HA! I hate lowers and would never buy them and even if the bike came with them they'd be the first things to come off.... Vanilla and chocolate for sure.

I'm with you there.  :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2017, 08:45:11 PM »

I saw the orange one in person. It's stunning! I do agree with the too much $$$ thing, however. After I sell my Limited, I will not be replacing it with a CVO unless I win lotto. :)

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2017, 02:50:53 PM »

Looked through the new lineup this past weekend. Sad to see my Dynas go away.   :(   Not impressed with all the 'bobbed" fenders on the cruisers. None of the CVO paints impress me at all. The CVO RG gray looks like a Scion grey.  Something MAACO would come up with. Then to black out 1/2 the CVO's????     I think they're on crack! 
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 21 queries.