Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Is the 110 Junk?  (Read 17574 times)

J.D.

Re: Is the 110 Junk?
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2017, 11:11:01 AM »

30K I'd strongly suggest doing the lifters and not waiting to break down and ask the ESP to fix a potentially trashed engine, IMHO.  It's not a matter of "if" they will fail it's "when".

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2017, 01:46:34 PM »

If they do fail will they actually clean everything they way it should be done.   Like an oil cooler and lines, the oil pan.   Paid for the insurance, but this is cheap insurance that you don't need to worry about the insurance.  Well you hope anyhow LOL. :huepfenlol2:
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2017, 10:29:44 AM »

Following this with interest. 22k on 2014
Will

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2017, 12:13:09 PM »

Confused . . . I have 30K at the moment, dealer changed my fluids every 2,500 miles, I have a few years left on the extended warranty. . . no problems other than a pinhole in the head that needed replacing . . . do I leave things alone and hope? . . . bike runs great . . . am I looking at an unavoidable problem in my future if I don't replace something?  Just came off a 6,500 mile run . . . don't want to be found on road dead . . . not a gearhead, know absolutely nothing about what keeps my CVO running other than my key and the fuel I put in it . . . this thread has scared the S...t out of me . . .

Sounds like your dealer knows you well.  Ask him about cutting yu a deal on just replacing your lifters with the Harley SE lifters.  He might give you a discount due to all the oil changes. And if the dealer does it with HD parts, no ESP problems.
  I don't know for sure, but I'll bet a good mechanic can replace the lifters in two or three hours, from the top, so you'l need valve cover gasket set, lifters and some labor.  Under 500 for sure I'd think, and if you have been paying close to $300 for those oil changes, switch to 5000 miles and you will quickly recover your costs on the lifters.

Don't be scared, look at it as a maintenance item like a timing belt on a Toyota. Fix it now or it will break at some point. Sounds lke you have a good CVO and want to keep it, just have the lifters done at the HD Dealer.
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2017, 12:39:26 PM »

Let it fail = new engine.
Just a thought!
Of course it will fail at the most inconvenient possible time!
Then again...New engine.

You paid for the warranty!  Sounds like they would have absolutely no reason to deny with dealer services every 2500 miles.

Most importantly you have done all the right things to maintain your HD and with the extended warranty you purchased. 
You certainly should not be sweating it!

J.D.

« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2017, 01:44:50 PM »

Buy a set of adjustable pushrods, a pair of lifter block gaskets, and s so them out yourself every 20k.  Nothing besides crashing sucks more than blowing a motor on a trip.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.