Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Auto extended warranty  (Read 679 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Auto extended warranty
« on: October 23, 2017, 07:43:53 AM »

Just bought a new Ford Explorer this week and the wife has a new Ford Escape and they both need extended warranties. Just wondering if anybody has any connections to buy the Ford warranty. I am thinking it is like the Harley warranty and I can buy it anywhere....and Long Island always has the highest prices on the bike ESP so why not price shop the ESP for the cars.

Thanks
Mike

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Auto extended warranty
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 04:08:08 PM »

I have to say, and I am not a FORD guy, but I had 9 Ford company cars, we drove them at first 70K and then toward the end 50K. NEVER had one with a problem after the initial warranty ran out. Never. Course drove bout 25K a year so warranty went away pretty quick but they were just trouble free.
I would think two warranties on the cars you are talking bout would be at least 5K. Lot of money.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 05:24:21 PM »

There are more than a few dealers who advertise discounted ESP pricing on the internet, so you might want to try a search.  Some will provide an online quote immediately after you input the model year, model, current mileage, etc..  Unlike Harley, Ford doesn't prevent dealers from advertising reduced prices

I never buy ESP's, but I do occasionally skim the information out of curiosity.  One thing I'll say is that anyone who is used to buying ESP's for Harley's shouldn't have any complaints about the prices the automakers charge for their ESP's. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 05:28:24 PM »

There are more than a few dealers who advertise discounted ESP pricing on the internet, so you might want to try a search.  Some will provide an online quote immediately after you input the model year, model, current mileage, etc..  Unlike Harley, Ford doesn't prevent dealers from advertising reduced prices

I never buy ESP's, but I do occasionally skim the information out of curiosity.  One thing I'll say is that anyone who is used to buying ESP's for Harley's shouldn't have any complaints about the prices the automakers charge for their ESP's. 

Jerry

Definitely not complaining about the pricing...but like Harley ESP--shopping around may save some money. Hoping that someone had a connection, just like with HD, for a fair deal on the policy

Page created in 0.278 seconds with 21 queries.