Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: S & S T124 motor  (Read 3815 times)

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: S & S T124 motor
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 08:14:32 PM »

I have a 124 in my RG and absolutely love it!

Do you have any heat issues with the 124? I was gonna add a 5qt oil pan and an oil cooler as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 12:37:55 AM »

Do you have any heat issues with the 124? I was gonna add a 5qt oil pan and an oil cooler as well.

I did the Ultra Cooler on mine. mostly no issues though you definitely need to watch it on the really hot days and stop and go traffic.
Alan

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 05:56:41 AM »

I did the Ultra Cooler on mine. mostly no issues though you definitely need to watch it on the really hot days and stop and go traffic.

Thanks for that info. That's been a concern of mine especially since I live in south Florida. We are a steam bath from June through September. So I figured a 5 qt oil pan, a oil cooler plus the love jugs fans should help.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 10:05:24 AM »

I put an "Oil Bud" on mine and it really helps.

BigLew

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 01:16:18 PM »

Fans and extra oil do help but if you get stuck in 85 degree plus weather and have to sit at traffic lights the heat will climb until you can get back in the wind. Just my experience. Mostly for me it is the heat off the rear cyl pipe as I have the old D&D pipe that has a protruding bend that is very close to the back of my right knee and yes I have the burn marks. However without the fans it is much worse so they do help.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 05:20:32 PM »

Fans and extra oil do help but if you get stuck in 85 degree plus weather and have to sit at traffic lights the heat will climb until you can get back in the wind. Just my experience. Mostly for me it is the heat off the rear cyl pipe as I have the old D&D pipe that has a protruding bend that is very close to the back of my right knee and yes I have the burn marks. However without the fans it is much worse so they do help.

Thanks. I am using the D&D Boarzilla but is doesn't get close to my legs except right by the rear brake pedal at the floorboard. But I never felt any heat there with my 117.

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 06:48:39 PM »

Over the last several years, I've done quite a few 124" S&S engines, both hi-compression and the low compression version for customers in south Florida, and central Florida. Young customers, and old customers. The engines don't exhibit any pms when tuned properly. They actually have less compression than the Harley engines do, and come with a better warranty also.
Never had to use big oil pans, ultra-coolers, or fans. Over-heating problems aren't any more than the factory engines.
I currently have one in the works for a customer in Broward County.
If you need any info on the S&S engines pm me.
John

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2017, 11:38:58 PM »

Over the last several years, I've done quite a few 124" S&S engines, both hi-compression and the low compression version for customers in south Florida, and central Florida. Young customers, and old customers. The engines don't exhibit any pms when tuned properly. They actually have less compression than the Harley engines do, and come with a better warranty also.
Never had to use big oil pans, ultra-coolers, or fans. Over-heating problems aren't any more than the factory engines.
I currently have one in the works for a customer in Broward County.
If you need any info on the S&S engines pm me.
John
John your right, to be fair it does not run any hotter than my 110 did though both are hotter than my M8 but could be the cool fan making me feel that difference. I also run a Boarzilla and have never had any issues with heat coming off it other than normal
Alan

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2017, 01:50:05 PM »

I run a Boarzilla also. Recently D&D changed the rear cylinder pipe to tuck in which is more like stock. Mine is a few years old and the rear cylinder pipe comes out and turns before coming down. I don't have a pic right now to show. Anyway that curve is what gets really hot.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.