Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: P&A fuse issues  (Read 1403 times)

ClinesSelect

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

P&A fuse issues
« on: November 04, 2017, 04:29:23 PM »

2016 FLTRUSE

I am nowhere near a dealer and a long ways from home and the P&A fuse blew after hitting a big bump in the road (riding two up).  Disconnected the heated seat and what I had plugged into the 12v outlet in the tour pack and the fuse held.  Few miles later, another bump and now I can’t get it to stop blowing.  I hoped it would be something obvious such as the battery tender rubbing on the frame or the seat compressing a wire but that is not it. 

Heated seat, grips, tender, 12v outlet, Boom amp...does anyone know what else is on that fuse?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
Re: P&A fuse issues
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 05:09:36 PM »

On my 2012 the cigarette lighter, center console CVO illuminated logo, and the passing lamps are all on the same fuze.
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: P&A fuse issues
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 09:52:50 AM »

I think I'd start looking closely at the wiring harnesses running to the rear lighting, T-P, and saddlebags (power locks).  Big bumps often mean tires getting close to all that wiring, and if the wiring isn't routed and secured properly the tire can make contact and damage it.  Also look at the battery tender harness, which can be pinched by suspension movement if not routed and secured properly.  That harness is definitely on the P&A circuit.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.