Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Dark Side CVO's?  (Read 13691 times)

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
Re: Dark Side CVO's?
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2017, 08:15:33 AM »

Somebody say 4th tire?
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2017, 08:36:25 AM »

As for the MSF range, I can imagine that would be a tough ride.  But I guess you didn't crash or edplode into a ball of light. You didn't like it, but it didn't kill you.

It wasn't MSF, it was a Ride Like a Pro course. And no I didn't explode or crash, but I didn't feel safe. It's not the kind of thing I would use to enter a police rodeo. Speaking only for myself, I like the ability to quickly maneuver in tight quarters with bars locked and leaned over. Parking lots, narrow streets and alleys, tight driveways, and of course steep hills. Like I said for those that love the endless miles of the straight, flat, superslab, racking up the miles, I could see how a car tire in the rear would be enticing.

If you ever get a car tire mounted on the front, let us know how it is. We'd love to hear your feedback on it.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2017, 08:58:50 AM »

Seriously, all I asked was is anyone running a CT on their CVO?

I did not ask, "do you approve of car tires on bikes?"
I did not ask "do you know someone who knows someone who heard that some engineer does not like car tires?"
I did not ask " do you think I suffer fools gladly?"

How about someone actually try to ATFQ!

Really is that really asking too much?

Actually, you asked about running the Dark Side and didn't define what that is.  But lord forbid we point out things like that to the worlds foremost expert on tires, or post a reply that explains what is is to other people reading your thread.

No, I do not run car tires on my motorcycle.  I have ridden a bike belonging to someone else that had a car tire on the rear, and the experience was similar to what Ironhorse posted.  The reason I don't and won't run a car tire on my motorcycle is because I am an engineer and I do know why car tires and motorcycle tires are designed differently.  Anyone, including people with "wiz" in their screen name, who doesn't care for my information or opinion please feel free to ignore any and all of my posts. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

PFWiz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2017, 10:15:48 AM »

Actually, you asked about running the Dark Side and didn't define what that is.  But lord forbid we point out things like that to the worlds foremost expert on tires, or post a reply that explains what is is to other people reading your thread.

No, I do not run car tires on my motorcycle.  I have ridden a bike belonging to someone else that had a car tire on the rear, and the experience was similar to what Ironhorse posted.  The reason I don't and won't run a car tire on my motorcycle is because I am an engineer and I do know why car tires and motorcycle tires are designed differently.  Anyone, including people with "wiz" in their screen name, who doesn't care for my information or opinion please feel free to ignore any and all of my posts. 

Jerry

And I am the senior engineer for a super cooled cyclotron emitting 250 MEV Protons at .61C. So your "I am an engineer" shtick means nothing to me.

As for the question I posed it was "Anybody out there riding their CVO on the Dark Side?". Why do I need to define it? If you do it then you know what it is and conversely if you don't know what it means then you most certainly don't do it.

Sure are a lot of folks on this forum who want to hijack threads....

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2017, 10:23:34 AM »

Ok Wiz, I support you riding on a car tire, did it myself.

I thought when I first saw your post here on CVO you had the same problem as I did with the 18 inch rear wheel.

But You know what's up with the dark side and don't really want anyone's opinion here.

You have a 16 inch rear wheel, many of us have an 18......  So even if we wanted to, we can't.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-dark-side/896328-gone-to-the-dark-side-ongoing-review.html
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2017, 10:24:38 AM »

Have you tried surfing the many Dark Side forums? I’m sure you will find many more riders like yourself who have found that running car tires on a motorcycle suits their needs. If anything it will save you from having to explain, justify and support your reasons.

Just an idea.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2017, 11:00:20 AM »

Seriously, all I asked was is anyone running a CT on their CVO?

I did not ask, "do you approve of car tires on bikes?"
I did not ask "do you know someone who knows someone who heard that some engineer does not like car tires?"
I did not ask " do you think I suffer fools gladly?"

How about someone actually try to ATFQ!

Really is that really asking too much?

PFWiz, sorry that your thread went sideways. I have ridden bikes for most all of my life and never tried it. I have heard of it being done though, and like many things just figured “to each there own.” This is supposed to be a free country.
I do remember when I was in my pre-teens/early teens racing without the cash to just replace endless tires that I would take a razor blade and by hand square off the knobbies on the tires just to try and get the most traction. Traction is always a good thing.

As far as some of the grief you have gotten in this thread… I do have a opinion on that!

You assume much, grasshopper.  I guess you are much like those other people who bad mouth me because I piss all over their suggestions to run tires with much lower than stock load ratings.  I would suggest you educate yourself on the differences in design principles for automotive versus motorcycle tires, but I'm guessing I'd be wasting my time.  You are obviously another one of those folks who think they know more than the engineers and scientists. 

Jerry

No, I do not run car tires on my motorcycle.  I have ridden a bike belonging to someone else that had a car tire on the rear, and the experience was similar to what Ironhorse posted.  The reason I don't and won't run a car tire on my motorcycle is because I am an engineer and I do know why car tires and motorcycle tires are designed differently.  Anyone, including people with "wiz" in their screen name, who doesn't care for my information or opinion please feel free to ignore any and all of my posts

Jerry

This forum similarly reflects our society in that there is a lot of hypocrisy being represented. Unfortunately, hypocrisy is also very prevalent out in the media today.

I am also an engineer (also have some published first author scientific papers) but unlike GRC I do not feel the need to spew a steady stream of venomous anti-HD opinions on this forum. I also would not in one sentence denigrate a member for not accepting the “knowledge” of engineers and scientists, and simultaneously put out a steady stream of opinions doing JUST EXACTLY THAT against the Moco engineers and scientists.

I know GRC also says anyone can just “filter out” his opinions if they don’t like them, and he has even mentioned that is exactly what he does with mine (that really hurts BTW)! Again, unlike GRC I actually listen to BOTH sides and alternate opinions. Even in the media. Admittedly, it sometimes feels like I am listening to the sound of fingernails being dragged down a chalkboard, but I force myself to consider alternate opinions. Sometimes those opinions may even be correct.

PFWiz, I understand how you can get irritated by some posts… I do too. It is just part of life. :)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2017, 11:06:18 AM »

This forum similarly reflects our society in that there is a lot of hypocrisy being represented. Unfortunately, hypocrisy is also very prevalent out in the media today.

Or, as I have gleaned from the "knowledge of the interner over the past couple of decades +"  - Stereotypes can be a real time saver. 
                  or.......
Place in box, label, and close lid.

;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ultrarider123

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2017, 11:14:02 AM »

;D

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2017, 01:20:35 PM »

;D

Haird I was just trying to prevent the high school bullying sort of thing.

Also "Know-It-All" types give me a case of the red-a$$.

Sorry. :)

Or, as I have gleaned from the "knowledge of the interner over the past couple of decades +"  - Stereotypes can be a real time saver. 
                  or.......
Place in box, label, and close lid.

;D

Iski I believe you and I think along some of the same lines. Hopefully we are not the only two on this forum.  ;D

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2017, 01:41:11 PM »

Which is why I suggested a search on Dark Side forums.

PFWiz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2017, 02:05:58 PM »

MODERATORS PLEASE SCRAP THIS ENTIRE THREAD.

ALL I TRIED TO DO IS TALK TIRES WITH LIKE MINDED CVO OWNERS. APPARENTLY THAT IS NOT ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM. i HAVE TRIED REPEATEDLY TO GET CERTAIN MEMBERS TO STOP HIJACKING MY THREAD,BUT NO JOY. I GUESS YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISCUSS ANYTHING THEY DON'T AGREE WITH.

ANYWAY LIKE i SAID PLEASE SCRAP THIS THREAD. I AM TIRED OF WRESTLING WITH PIGS IN THE MUD.

THANKS,

PFWIZ

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2017, 02:24:50 PM »

MODERATORS PLEASE SCRAP THIS ENTIRE THREAD.

ALL I TRIED TO DO IS TALK TIRES WITH LIKE MINDED CVO OWNERS. APPARENTLY THAT IS NOT ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM. i HAVE TRIED REPEATEDLY TO GET CERTAIN MEMBERS TO STOP HIJACKING MY THREAD,BUT NO JOY. I GUESS YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISCUSS ANYTHING THEY DON'T AGREE WITH.

ANYWAY LIKE i SAID PLEASE SCRAP THIS THREAD. I AM TIRED OF WRESTLING WITH PIGS IN THE MUD.

THANKS,

PFWIZ

Sometimes a square peg really doesn’t fit in a round hole....

Does his mean you’re leaving??  Say it ain’t so..

We wuz hop’n to bring you over to our way of think’n...

All of us “Pigs” will put lipstick on if’n it’ll help.

:nixweiss:  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 02:37:29 PM by CVOStreetglide »

ultrarider123

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2017, 02:28:26 PM »

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2017, 03:05:44 PM »

Now that is funny right there! Or like you say write dare.  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.