Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour Pack LED lights to brake/turn signal  (Read 2080 times)

maugusta1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

Tour Pack LED lights to brake/turn signal
« on: December 16, 2017, 01:29:49 PM »

I have a 2011 HD CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide (FLTHCUSE6). The tour pack has LED lights. I think this is one of the first year models that went to LED's. Seen other HD bikes have brake/turn signal on their tour packs. I would like to make the lights on the tour pack also be turn signal and stop lights. My fellow riders told me that the turn signals and brake lights were difficult to see. Have had bike only 6 months and would like to be more visible. Is there a plug and play harness or any wiring that I can do to make the lights on my tour pack also be turn signals and brakes. I have searched the web and on the forum here and haven't had any luck finding how to do this. Any help to help me be more visible and safe is greatly appreciated......THANK YOU
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 01:32:16 PM by maugusta1 »

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
Re: Tour Pack LED lights to brake/turn signal
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 03:34:55 PM »

Call Custom Dynamics. They will fix you up. Website is a little confusing www.customdynamics.com. Call them before ordering. They know their stuff
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 06:00:15 PM »

Call Custom Dynamics. They will fix you up. Website is a little confusing www.customdynamics.com. Call them before ordering. They know their stuff
Agree. Custom Dynamics is the way to go. They’ll fix you up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 05:30:14 PM »

Reply #188 of this thread has the instructions I followed on my 2011.5 CUSE6.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=52833.255

This modification is an excellent way to increase your visibility to those behind you  :2vrolijk_21:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

maugusta1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 12:04:55 PM »

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. After the holidays I am going to order module and wiring harness. Will be glad to light up the rear of the motorcycle. My fellow riders told me that they had a difficult time seeing my turn signals. Thanks to Phato for your knowledge.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 09:37:13 PM by maugusta1 »

maugusta1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 03:28:24 PM »

I contacted Dynamics they do not produce a product that will work on my 2011CVO Ultra Classic flthcuse6. Will end up using Harley Davidson pn 69911-11 module & pn 70933-10 Y harness. Here is Dynamic statement

Thank you for reaching out to Custom Dynamics with your question!  Unfortunately, you will not be able to use our Tourpak Converter, part number MAGIC-TPC, since your 2011 CVO Ultra Classic has the LED stock tourpak which is not compatible.  We do not offer any parts that will convert your tourpak to run/brake/turn. 

Steventammy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 11:17:57 PM »

Did you get this finished? I have same issue

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Steve & Tammy
2011 CVO RGU

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 08:35:56 PM »

I contacted Dynamics they do not produce a product that will work on my 2011CVO Ultra Classic flthcuse6. Will end up using Harley Davidson pn 69911-11 module & pn 70933-10 Y harness. Here is Dynamic statement

Thank you for reaching out to Custom Dynamics with your question!  Unfortunately, you will not be able to use our Tourpak Converter, part number MAGIC-TPC, since your 2011 CVO Ultra Classic has the LED stock tourpak which is not compatible.  We do not offer any parts that will convert your tourpak to run/brake/turn.
I'm really surprised to hear this, b/c I had a 2011 CVO Road Glide (which has the LEDs in the TP lights, according to the HD parts manual), and I installed a module from CD to make the TP lights into run/brake/turn.  It worked fine.  I can't say which module I had, since I bought it many years ago, and of course CD might have made a different one back then--but this is strange.  Also, I'm trying to understand why the MAGIC-TPC wouldn't work w/ LEDs, but is OK w/ incandescents?
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.