Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Twin Cooled lines and work  (Read 1210 times)

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
Twin Cooled lines and work
« on: December 16, 2017, 05:29:42 PM »

Any special instructions for removing the coolant lines?Removing heads,jugs and pistons for 117 kit.
 Read manual and took screw out of manifolds on top of head, metal lines popped out easy enough. Zip tied them up rubber long hoses around frame to get out of way. Didn't see it necessary to remove from downtubes.

Any recommendations or thoughts?
 Replace o rings all around? Re use them?
Take clip off and pull lines from head, replacing those o rings too? Leave them alone?
Will

n2cvo

• CVO1: 07 cvo ultra
    • CVO2: 09 cvo road glide
    • CVO3: 15 cvo road glide
Re: Twin Cooled lines and work
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 12:40:09 PM »

Just finished up 117 kit.  I removed coolant lines from manifold. Leave coolant lines in heads unless head work being done.  Replace any oring that has been removed don't reuse. Drain all coolant. Everything else pretty straight foward.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 05:17:30 PM »

Found a cometic kit on Amazon.
Don't know if heads will get any work. Lines still in them. Thanks

Will

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 06:49:35 PM »

Got it done....Not easy when putting back together and head shop removed the lines. They labeled them, but referred them to the heads being down, which the lines move around themselves. So a search of parts manual for me lined up on which went where.
Next was the o rings for the head adapter...and the clip.  Took two hours to figure out a ten minute job. Largest o ring is for adapter to head. Smallest goes inside the adapter.
(I was wrongly trying to put it on the metal hose and insert that into adapter. The adapter needs to come off head and the o ring dug out of a center  groove. Small flat blade and a pick to dig out and push new one in.). My problem was those two o rings, just couldn't figure them out and thought head shop just pulled old ones off and threw them out.  Once I figured out the ring was still inside adapter, and adapter requires an o ring to head....it was still a pain in ass with clip. Thought two legs each went into a groove slot on adapter....wrong.  The indents go in after being pushed around outside groove. Third slot, which will be where you start pushing the gap around will hold the center of the clip.  This would have been so much easier had I just taken it apart myself...Next time it's an easy 10 minute swap.
Will

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 23 queries.