Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SCREAMIN’ EAGLE® TWIN CAM HIGH COMPRESSION KIT WITH CAMS – 110 TO 110CI  (Read 2849 times)

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded

Well..looking for opinions on this kit for a 14 CVO Limited...ridden everywhere, usually quickly...friend of mine says I will like it...but I would appreciate more input from the forum...thank you, and Merry Christmas
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon

Not sure what kit you are questioning but if pulling the heads and barrels to replace pistons and go high compression why not go to the 117 kit?  The pistons that come in the kit are flat tops but high compression pistons are available from Suburban Speed. We have a build in progress on a 15 water cooled CVO that we will report on soon. We have done other 117 builds that worked out very well.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member

What he said. :2vrolijk_21:
You have a bill for labor to pull the motor apart already why not go to 117, have the crank reinforced, and do some head work.
This combination can easily exceed 135 torque and horsepower with harleys cam and more by going aftermarket.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!

Well..looking for opinions on this kit for a 14 CVO Limited...ridden everywhere, usually quickly...friend of mine says I will like it...but I would appreciate more input from the forum...thank you, and Merry Christmas

I would have to agree with Jim and Don. If your having it done then the labor costs will be pretty much cost neutral to change pistons or install the 117 kit. Only difference in cost would be between the 10.5 piston kit and the 117 kit which come with flat top pistons. Been some very rideable motors built with the 117 kit with both the 585 and the 259 cams that come with the kit. Sure think you would get a lot more bang for the buck. Not sure exactly what comes with the 110 you are referring to and if it has cams with it but if your bike still has the 255's in it they will not like the 10.5s

Most great stores start with a bad decision

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.