Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Non cvo tbw on cvo  (Read 1259 times)

LITTERBOX

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
    • CVO2: 1999 FXR3
    • CVO3: Another 99 FXR3
Non cvo tbw on cvo
« on: January 12, 2018, 07:54:18 AM »

Hoping someone has the answer and PLEASE only answer if you know for sure. I bought a set of used prewired bars to install on my 17 CVO Street Glide from a member on another site. My question is will the TBW from a non cvo bike work on a cvo as they are different part numbers and alot of people say to upgrade to a cvo one on a standard bike for some reason when changing the bars. The previous bike these were on was a 16. As I know a cvo TBW will work on a non cvo just want to confirm the opposite will work as well. Thanks.
YUUUUP

Shawrco

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTC Vivid Black (soon to be for sale!)
Re: Non cvo tbw on cvo
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 08:06:55 PM »

Hoping someone has the answer and PLEASE only answer if you know for sure. I bought a set of used prewired bars to install on my 17 CVO Street Glide from a member on another site. My question is will the TBW from a non cvo bike work on a cvo as they are different part numbers and alot of people say to upgrade to a cvo one on a standard bike for some reason when changing the bars. The previous bike these were on was a 16. As I know a cvo TBW will work on a non cvo just want to confirm the opposite will work as well. Thanks.
Looks like no one knows for sure or you would have gotten a response? I haven't done it either, but here's what I would do... Break out the wiring schematics and compare the he wires and connectors on your bike to what's on the bars. That should tell you "for sure".

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Joe B

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: Non cvo tbw on cvo
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 03:21:01 AM »

Looks like no one knows for sure or you would have gotten a response? I haven't done it either, but here's what I would do... Break out the wiring schematics and compare the he wires and connectors on your bike to what's on the bars. That should tell you "for sure".
This^^^^
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.