Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shift spindle  (Read 823 times)

Glenncarp

Shift spindle
« on: March 18, 2018, 06:54:22 PM »

Would anyone expect the spindle that goes from the sifters through the transmission case to the shift linkage to be stripped on a 2016 SERGU??? Makes no sense to me. Stuck on road for 2 hours waiting for road side assistance, finally broke down and used tool kit to take apart shifters and pull spindle out and find not stripped section to get home. Not so happy with HD today

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: Shift spindle
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 07:28:17 PM »

Would anyone expect the spindle that goes from the sifters through the transmission case to the shift linkage to be stripped on a 2016 SERGU??? Makes no sense to me. Stuck on road for 2 hours waiting for road side assistance, finally broke down and used tool kit to take apart shifters and pull spindle out and find not stripped section to get home. Not so happy with HD today

You shouldn't expect it but it happens all the time, some take the heal shifter off and they say they don't have problems, I removed the bolts and use some blue Loctite on them and check them at the oil changes. There's all kinds of threads about it on HD Forum
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 22 queries.