Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recommendation on some quieter pipes  (Read 1840 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Recommendation on some quieter pipes
« on: March 19, 2018, 08:01:11 AM »

I have a 2015 CVO RG. Recently upgraded to a 117" kit. Im running a D&D 2-1 exhaust. After the upgrade it is louder than before.I do understand that there is more air coming out of motor now. It really doesn't bother me but my wife says its way too loud now. So I'm in search of maybe changing out the exhaust & looking for some suggestions. Im prolly gonna have to have it retuned possibly... Thanx in advance...
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Recommendation on some quieter pipes
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 08:04:50 AM »

I have a 2015 CVO RG. Recently upgraded to a 117" kit. Im running a D&D 2-1 exhaust. After the upgrade it is louder than before.I do understand that there is more air coming out of motor now. It really doesn't bother me but my wife says its way too loud now. So I'm in search of maybe changing out the exhaust & looking for some suggestions. Im prolly gonna have to have it retuned possibly... Thanx in advance...
Fullsac header and your choice of their baffles in your stock cans. They perform well and are much quieter than the D&Ds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 08:10:08 AM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 09:54:27 AM »

Would need a non cat header pipe.  I do have some Vance and Hines slipons also not doing anything.  Damn women.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 11:15:25 AM »

SuperTrapp 2-1. That’s what Jim at Metal Dragon put on mine. It’s a lot quieter than a FatCat or a ThunderHeader.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 01:48:25 PM »

If you change out that D & D and would like to sell it i have a friend looking to buy one let me know if you decide too and ill hook you up with him

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 03:31:25 PM »

If you change out that D & D and would like to sell it i have a friend looking to buy one let me know if you decide too and ill hook you up with him

Will do.  Not quite sure what I’m gonna do just yet. 
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 03:51:18 PM »

Fullsac header and your choice of their baffles in your stock cans. They perform well and are much quieter than the D&Ds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the route I'd go.  Fullsac header and the 1.75 baffle.  I remember telling Steve at Fullsac "I want it to run cooler but if I could keep it stock quiet, I would!"  The increase in performance is a bonus, I just wanted it cooler.

Now there is no way it's a quiet as it was stock but it's not near as loud as the D&D.  That's probably one of the loudest, most obnoxious exhausts out there. 

Give Steve a call at Fullsac and talk to him.....he'll hook you up.  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 04:38:44 PM »

Now I remember someone with a Huckleberry and a not so quiet Pro Pipe.  :huepfenlol2:  ;D Then again I have one of those obnoxious D&D Boarzilla pipes with a HAHA Quiet baffle.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 05:02:36 PM »

Now I remember someone with a Huckleberry and a not so quiet Pro Pipe.  :huepfenlol2:  ;D Then again I have one of those obnoxious D&D Boarzilla pipes with a HAHA Quiet baffle.
I have the same with the quiet baffle,  and it offends no one, even the wife.
The "TAZMUN"

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 06:13:28 PM »

Most inexpensive alternative.         Ear Plugs,
       2nd most inexpensive alternative    Ear Plugs and a 3/4 Helmet, 
       3rd most inexpensive alternative    Ear Plugs a Full Face Helmet and a few Chrome doodads    :coolblue:

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 10:26:16 PM »

3rd most inexpensive alternative    Ear Plugs a Full Face Helmet and a few Chrome doodads    :coolblue:

I suggested ear plugs & response was NO.... We both wear a 3/4 helmet. I do have a full face but don't like being in closed  & its hot also... I may call Steve and see what he suggests.. Ive used his products in the past.. The D&D wasn't too loud before but the 117" made it so.. I can live with it thou but not passenger...
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 02:09:54 AM »

3rd most expensive:  New bike
2nd most expensive:  Divorce
Most expensive:         Divorce and new wife

J/K
If you want peace, prepare for war.

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 02:14:32 PM »

Talked with person that did my build to 117”.  He suggested using these to quiet it down some.  Said can tune and adjust sound to my liking and still maintain performance and keep my D&D headpipe. 

https://www.fuelmotousa.com/i-22164513-fuel-moto-e-series-2-5-universal-megaphone-muffler.html#!year%3D2015%7C%7Cmake%3DHARLEY-DAVIDSON%7C%7Cmodel%3DTOURING%20CVO%20ROAD%20GLIDE%20ULTRA%20FLTRUSE
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2018, 04:39:26 PM »

I had a D&D Fatcat on when it was a 110, Now at 117 I have a Rush Wrath I was going to go with a D&D Zilla but at the suggestion of Steve the builder (GMR) we went Wrath.  The Wrath is definitely quieter at idle and while riding riding conservatively but when your on it hard it will it'll make some noise. I miss the Fatcat so much I had to put one on my Fatbob. I think your builder is steering you in the right direction but give fuel moto a call and discuss it with Jamie.

BostonBoy

yobtaf103

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 08:03:35 PM »

Talked with person that did my build to 117”.  He suggested using these to quiet it down some.  Said can tune and adjust sound to my liking and still maintain performance and keep my D&D headpipe. 

https://www.fuelmotousa.com/i-22164513-fuel-moto-e-series-2-5-universal-megaphone-muffler.html#!year%3D2015%7C%7Cmake%3DHARLEY-DAVIDSON%7C%7Cmodel%3DTOURING%20CVO%20ROAD%20GLIDE%20ULTRA%20FLTRUSE

looks good to me, "happy wife =happy life"

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.