Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clear Coat Haze Removal  (Read 2226 times)

bavery

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NS

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
Clear Coat Haze Removal
« on: May 26, 2018, 10:11:41 AM »

I had to leave my bike outside at a friends house for a couple of weeks in the fall. It was covered which created the problem. There were significant winds in the area and it appears that the cover scuffed some of the clear coat on the high points/corners on the fairing. What would be the best product/procedure to remove the "haze"?

Thanks
If you are lucky enough to be at the beach, you are lucky enough.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Clear Coat Haze Removal
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 05:28:51 PM »

Orbital buffer using a white pad and some Girots BOSS correcting cream, pretty easy to use, after scuffs/scratch removal top with a red or gold pad with your favorite carnuba and it will shine like new. They make a FAST correcting cream and it will cut quicker and save time if doing a large area but for a bike I would stick with the regular correcting cream and take my time.
Many products and procedures to correct this but if your experience is at the lower end, this stuff will do it and it available at about any Pep Boys type stores or Amazon.
If you don't have a orbital buffer or don't feel comfortable any local quality detail company would be able to do this for you in a matter of minutes for a small charge.

bavery

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NS

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 08:38:46 PM »

Thanks for the advice - i'll give it a shot.

bavery

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NS

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 08:23:08 AM »

I am limited in what products i can get locally in rural Canada so on my next rip to "town" i picked up some Maguiers Ultimate Compound. I tried by hand first since I had never used compound before. The results were ok but not what I wanted. I then used my |Harbor Freight dual action polisher and the compound. Hats off to the compound and the polisher. The finish is back to new! I also used on tank swirls and hard bag tops with the same effect.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 09:08:28 AM »

Be careful with actual compound on edges, even using a orbital buffer. Unlike a car, most CVO's have already been either sanded or compounded and buffed once before you got it.

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.