Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: 2018 or not  (Read 7202 times)

Bumpandrun

Re: 2018 or not
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2018, 10:23:26 PM »

sounds very familiar to be honest.  hope you get a real repair instead of what many have been getting . that seems to be the same as what was taken out in way too many cases over and over a gain.

Wish you the best  in that  there is actually a fix for this bs so many have suffered through with no replacement bikes   to make sure you can ride
Actually it's pretty much only a few...few too many for sure.  But u can visit a bunch of dealers around the country as I did way before buying.....nothing. Can hang out with many many techs and they haven't seen one yet....but are swamped with the questions from the nervous clan that think they need a new engine when nothing is wrong.  Most say the Internet forums have kept them busy with easy  tests that mean nothing . Actually easy work for them.  Few oil pump changes too  keep a real good customer.  But show up to a big show  and there are 1000s of m8s running like freight trains.  Rental guys with 400-500 oil cooled 107s not one failure...well they dud say the had a run in clutches that had hard pulls.
Oh well. Again off to empty another tank of gas in the morning........can't be happy happier  :orange:

85FXRS

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

Re: 2018 or not
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2018, 03:04:05 PM »

I don't own a M8 equipped bike, but I'd like to comment anyway.  If your current bike is meeting your needs and is reliable (as much as possible considering the issues common to the TC), why take a chance on buying a major headache?  I would think the smart approach would be to wait and see if H-D actually comes up with a real fix for the sumping problem before pulling the trigger.  If that takes until the 2020 models (or later) come out, so be it.

JMHO - Jerry

bet many buyers out there had thought about what your reply.   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.