Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 10 K and no sumping  (Read 4197 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: 10 K and no sumping
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 07:49:12 PM »

that bike did real good. still  it smoked a motor from sumping.  instead of those who keep trying to downplay the fact that issues with the motor do exist and try  to portray those who inform people of these problems as negative,  and bitchers. perhaps they should contribute remedies and not judge those who are not fortunate enough to get a good motor. some have been on forums and say how great the m8 is and down the road had to eat their words. that is very unfortunate too. many have had  several bad motors and none can deny that fact. not HD not anyone. so if you have some good info on a fix the forum is a great place to post it. that is what the forum is for, not mocking those who are not fortunate to get a good motor, or bike at least for many many miles.  being informed is good and exactly what the forum is about.  we learn a lot . i feel . whn you are informed yu will be not so surprised .

:2vrolijk_21:

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

85FXRS

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 07:32:58 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:
read about a person who got 78 thou on a 17 and it sumped and it was major huge catastrophic puking of the motor. it did pretty good,  then puffff. all done  and your walking

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 09:01:50 PM »

No ones discounting any ones problems, its a small very vocal segment from what I can figure out. I'm a lifelong rider and know all 4 dealers around me fairly well and have yet to see a M8 motor come into them for sumping.
IDK where you live in Virginia but every dealer I have been to from Richmond to Winchester has had to deal with the sumping b/s so someone is lying to you. I have had 3- cvo m-8 bikes and 2 of the 3 have sumped. One with total engine failure 114” stage 4 build to 117”. The other was a factory 114”. I also know several other people that have suffered from the death of Sumping
So I am very curious as to where in Virginia you live and what dealers you speak of. Harley is a pain in the ass to deal with and are getting worse the more bikes that evolve. They are dying a slow death for sure. But facts are facts and it is a horrible problem. Period!!!!!!!
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2018, 09:32:40 AM »

The top mechanic and tuner I have used for years told me he had not heard of any issues when I took my 07 to him to do upgrades and try and avoid the early 110 issues I heard about on this forum. I gave him the first head gasket part number. He asked how I got it and I told him about this website. I also gave him a list of things that were happening to my CVO brothers. At that time he had only seen one other than mine. A year later he saw me and told me I was right there were 110's and 96's coming in left and right since. So I said " Don't believe what you read on the internet Eh? :huepfenlol2: Sad thing is 11 years later and here we are with Sumping issues Etc. I wait and watch every year hoping to read nothing but hapiness. Almost a new batch coming fingers crossed once again.  Here's hoping for long straws for all. :drink:

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2018, 06:10:39 AM »

No ones discounting any ones problems, its a small very vocal segment from what I can figure out. I'm a lifelong rider and know all 4 dealers around me fairly well and have yet to see a M8 motor come into them for sumping.
Service manager at local dealer has always been good to me, but when I took my '11 SERGU in to have new lifters put in, he said he'd never seen a bike there have bad lifters...reminded him that (Bill's) '13 SERG had it about 6 months earlier...and that my '08 SEUC has done same thing.  So maybe they forget, or maybe that's their "orders from headquarters."  So I don't believe everything much of what I'm told in there.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Tn.Heritage

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2018, 09:02:12 AM »

Service manager at local dealer has always been good to me, but when I took my '11 SERGU in to have new lifters put in, he said he'd never seen a bike there have bad lifters...reminded him that (Bill's) '13 SERG had it about 6 months earlier...and that my '08 SEUC has done same thing.  So maybe they forget, or maybe that's their "orders from headquarters."  So I don't believe everything much of what I'm told in there.
I've made my mind up that if I go into a dealer and I'm thinking of trading and the service dept tells me they have not heard of these issues then it's time to go to another dealer. I'm over all the lies etc, I really am.
2019 Limited Low 114, S&S 475 cam, PR's, LC's, lifters,S&S Sidewinder 2-n-1 with a Roland Sands AC. Tuned with a PV tuner at J&B Performance.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2018, 09:57:59 AM »

I've made my mind up that if I go into a dealer and I'm thinking of trading and the service dept tells me they have not heard of these issues then it's time to go to another dealer. I'm over all the lies etc, I really am.

Like you I bought a lot of Harleys over the years and I used to try and get my service where I bought my bikes. Unfortunately Harley’s strategy has forced us to separate the two.

So, I buy where I can get the best deal on a bike that is already on the floor or incoming in no more than 2 weeks even if I have to travel out of state. IF it is convenient to do my service there and there is quality and integrity then so be it if not then there are other shops Harley and otherwise.

Like many here, I do all but the most major services myself so unless there is a warranty or recall issue my bikes rarely see the inside of the service department.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 10:02:12 AM by CVOStreetglide »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.