Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What am I/They missing  (Read 1104 times)

SOCAL296

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited Silver and Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Limited Magnetic Gry M8 117
What am I/They missing
« on: August 15, 2018, 08:50:02 PM »

I picked up my 2015 Today after 3 weeks of being in the shop awaiting a new Long Block and installation. Before this all happened o noticed the engine appeared to be falling off idle, then recover and routinely fall off recover etc. For you old car buffs it was similar to a timing knock. This was noted at my second vice approx 29000 Miles. They serviced the bike and said all is well and normal. 2 weeks later cam Compartment went to crap and after repairs motor took a crap and now new Long Block installed. I let it warm up in the parking lot and after warm up and stop lights I still have that same idle chug and recover.
I’m also noticing there is a lot more vibration and shaking at idle. Is this normal and I’ve just forgotten or are we missing something??
DR

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: What am I/They missing
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 10:19:26 PM »

It's definitely not normal or acceptable.  The long block replacement took care of the mechanical failure (assuming they also flushed or replaced the oil cooler, oil pan, and lines), but they obviously never diagnosed and addressed the driveability problem.  There are other parts and systems that didn't get replaced when they did the long block, and since the problem became evident before the engine failure and long block replacement, it's pretty obvious the problem is with one of those other parts and systems.  One part that immediately comes to mind is the throttle body for instance, along with the associated sensors.  Since a vacuum leak would cause a situation like what you described, I suggest you first check to make sure the rubber plug on the throttle body vacuum tube is still installed and secure.  Many have had them come off.  Other issues have been reported with the throttle plate, the throttle control stepper motor, sensors, etc. 

If this shop isn't capable of handling basic diagnostics, and it sounds like they aren't, you may need to find a better shop.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SOCAL296

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited Silver and Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Limited Magnetic Gry M8 117
Re: What am I/They missing
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 03:34:59 PM »

Thank you for your input and I will check into that further. After doing some more research it sounds like my issue is more common than I thought. Very hard to explain it but it feels and sounds like the EITMS is activating quickly. Like a cylinder is falling off. Another article indicates it is due to a lapse or a flat spot in revolutions. I will keep watching it
DR

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.