Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I found this very interesting !! worth reading !!  (Read 1634 times)

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
I found this very interesting !! worth reading !!
« on: March 31, 2007, 12:18:30 AM »

Things about Cell phones I didn't know, We're always out in the boony's with no service or atleast our service !!

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:
FIRST
Subject: Emergency
The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile; network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND
Subject: Have you locked your keys in the car?
Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you.
Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).
Editor's Note: "It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!"

THIRD
Subject: Hidden Battery Power
Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *337 0# Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.

FOURTH
Subject: How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?
To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 # A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone gets stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.
And Finally..

FIFTH
Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial (800) FREE 411 or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now.

This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: I found this very interesting !! worth reading !!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 12:30:01 AM »

Things about Cell phones I didn't know, We're always out in the boony's with no service or atleast our service !!

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:
FIRST
Subject: Emergency
The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile; network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

Don't try this. It works. Dispatch just called back asking why I was calling.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 12:40:31 AM »

Don't try this. It works. Dispatch just called back asking why I was calling.

AJ, that one might work but don't mess with #2 (sending a remote signal via the cell phone).  The remote sends an RF signal.  Not an audible tone.  Weird things folks believe when the read it online.....

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 12:41:13 AM »

Hey! Hard
Wasn't it for ( grave emergencies ) only :nixweiss:

Don

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 01:12:32 AM »

AJ, that one might work but don't mess with #2 (sending a remote signal via the cell phone).  The remote sends an RF signal.  Not an audible tone.  Weird things folks believe when the read it online.....

2LN, what I know about RF is dangerous! However I wouldn't think that a RF signal go audible.

Hey! Hard
Wasn't it for ( grave emergencies ) only :nixweiss:

Don

I thought I just said in another thread that I wasn't the smartest apple. (Just the fastest Jester  ;D :orange: ;D )

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 01:15:19 AM »

2LN, what I know about RF is dangerous! However I wouldn't think that a RF signal go audible.

No such luck AJ.  We don't hear RF (radio frequency).  We just hear what the radio turns them in to.

theslash

• Full CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 06:56:33 AM »

thanks for the info
SLASH

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 08:50:12 AM »

You may want to check out this link for more info about the above.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/cellphones.asp

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.