Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heated and Cooled Hammock seat question  (Read 1373 times)

Jeffro13

Heated and Cooled Hammock seat question
« on: July 03, 2023, 07:13:00 AM »

I have a 2013 CVO with the heated Hammock seat. I was wanting to purchase the new heated and cooled Hammock to replace mine. I took the seat off of my 2016 RK and test fit it without issue on my 2013. When I asked the dealer about the new heated and cooled seat working on my bike, I was told that since it's a 2013 it wouldn't work, but it would work on my 2016 since the seat is for 2014 and up bikes. That made me a bit confused since the seat off the 16' fit fine on my 13'. My bike is already wired for the heated seat, so I figured it should be no issue to put it on. Just wondering if anyone else with a 13 or older bike has tried to use the new seat.

Thanks for any info.
2103 CVO Ultra - Typhoon Maroon

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Heated and Cooled Hammock seat question
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 01:37:58 PM »

I'd like to have a heated and cooled seat on my 2013 CVO Ultra Classic, also!  Not sure why a 2014 would be any different.....same frame and tank.  Maybe it has something to do with wiring for the cooled side?

I can tell you that living here in Tucson area and I just returned last night from a 2,375 mile multi-state trip with other members of this forum....I bought an Air Flow Seat Cover just before we left.  I remain amazed with this product as it works as designed and works well.  I'm also very surprised that I'd not ever heard or read about it before now.  No more monkey butt in the triple digit temps!  And a whole lot more affordable than buying another seat!  I did have to cut the hole for my rider's backrest and for my seat heater switches (we did get caught in snow, wind and freezing temps on top of Mount Evans this past week).  See my review here.....   https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=125085.0
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 01:48:46 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Jeffro13

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 01:49:37 PM »

I thought that too, but I would think the heating element would pull more amps than the cooling, which is why I was asking. We're already set up with a circuit for the heated seat, and you can't run both heat and cool at the same time, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. Just looking for someone smarter than me on electrical and this seat.  ;D

That sounds like an awesome trip. We just did a nice little ride last week and the week before to Budapest from Stuttgart for the HD 120 anniversary. It was definitely warm. Thinking the cooled seat would have been nice on that trip.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 01:52:39 PM by Jeffro13 »

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 07:13:39 PM »

Pull up the new seat on HD's website and see if you can tell if the plug is different from the pre Rushmore seats.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Jeffro13

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 03:24:48 AM »

From what I've seen, the plug looks the same. 2 Wire Deutsch connector. Even if I had to change the connector, I don't know why it wouldn't work. Just trying to see if anyone else might know for sure before I spend the money on one. Kind of an expensive guess if there's some reason why it won't work. HD said it won't work, but couldn't tell me why.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 12:02:45 PM »

i just bought one and picking up friday, july 7th, will ask my parts guy, he is pretty sharp (for a hd parts guy) he did mention there is a harness i may need  :nixweiss: but they stock them if i need it
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2023, 11:57:27 AM »

so i got the seat on, no issues, going for a ride later. ... parts guy had no real answer to why it would not work on your 13, says may be connector, in the instructions it shows installing the connector and if the connector is present and being used there is a Y splitter you can buy   he did look up the heated only hammock and book says it will fit 09 to 16 .... hope that helps

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2023, 12:06:32 PM »

also if your on HD web page looking at the seat, scroll down to details click then click directions it shows the install, operating system, part numbers for connectors .... some good info there
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 12:17:33 PM by fastfreddy »

Jeffro13

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2023, 12:08:49 PM »

Thanks for the info. Let us know if the cooling is a noticeable difference or not. 👍

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2023, 07:36:04 PM »

well..... first ride..... not good. fit was not so good , there is a module that rubbed the fender and scratched it. rode about 20 minutes and then it felt as if the heater got tuned on, checked the switches, they were good. so rode home and pulled seat to check fans and found forward fan not working, this when i saw the scratches, so not impressed at this time
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 07:39:00 PM by fastfreddy »

Jeffro13

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2023, 02:13:50 AM »

That sucks to hear. Is there a way to situate the module so it doesn't rub? Did you get the fan issue figured out? I wonder if it could just be a loose connection somewhere. Hope you get it figured out and thanks for the update.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2023, 07:30:02 PM »

retuned the seat.... they refunded me my money,    :nixweiss:   no questions asked

Jeffro13

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2024, 08:43:55 AM »

Update to my post and question. I purchased the seat and figured I'd give it a shot. I took off the upper saddlebag  guard mounts and am running just the lower support. The seat fit perfect and plugged right into my existing harness. No rewiring needed. Only 1 slight fitment issue, and it's not really an issue, you just have to be a little more careful when opening the left side saddlebag. The switches stick out a little further than on my old seat, so  the saddlebag will bump into it when opening and closing if your not careful. That's it. So far it's been a great seat. No rubbing issues and the heat seems to be more constant than our old seat. Doesn't seem quite as hot, but that may be due to it not being fully broken in yet. All in all I'm very happy with it. Can't wait for it to be warm enough to try the cooling part.

Jeffro13

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2024, 08:45:15 AM »

Hope this helps someone else thinking about this seat on an older CVO.

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.