Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rockford Fosgate's new radio  (Read 813 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Rockford Fosgate's new radio
« on: July 28, 2023, 06:37:26 PM »

They are throwing their hat in the ring....it looks like it does less than the stock GTS. No Android Auto, just Apple CarPlay......and street party mode to try to promote multiple sales to your friends.....and $1200....

https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pmx-hd14/

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Rockford Fosgate's new radio
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 07:34:14 PM »

I get why it's made available only for the newer bikes.  The older stuff is an ever diminish market and I'm still surprised (but pleased) that Soundstream radio came out with a model for the old bikes as well as the newer models.  But why would a manufacturer offer a product to the current market that doesn't handle both Apple and Android? 

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 07:53:20 PM »

I get why it's made available only for the newer bikes.  The older stuff is an ever diminish market and I'm still surprised (but pleased) that Soundstream radio came out with a model for the old bikes as well as the newer models.  But why would a manufacturer offer a product to the current market that doesn't handle both Apple and Android?

Its corporate strategy... if you want the cool toys you gotta step up to the new bikes! (NOT)

We are an ingenious, creative bunch... and if not us, the aftermarket will provide what we want/need. There are already double-DIN inner fairings for the 99-13 FLTR, as well as other models. Or if you like bodywork, they sell just the face area to adapt to your inner fairing.

The early bikes are popular to modify because of the low price point.

Some dont care about price point.. they'll buy the most expensive bagger and then proceed to change rear fender, side covers, rear bags... etc. etc. etc.

I'm a poor Civil Servant. An older, low mileage bike will get me around for a few years... when I get bored with it, or it reaches the point of diminishing return... Then a decision has to be made... Buy another one then tear the old horse apart for a refresh?

Since most of my fleet are riders... I like to have at least 3... :)   

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 09:13:12 PM »

Google owns Android Auto and is changing things around to a different name/platform. It will not be supported in newer cars/trucks as well.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 09:15:14 PM »

Google owns Android Auto and is changing things around to a different name/platform. It will not be supported in newer cars/trucks as well.

Now that will be a problem.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2023, 09:30:50 PM »

Seems like that is kinda' like shooting themselves in the foot.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.