Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLSTFSE 103 Performance Upgrades  (Read 4866 times)

nhFLSTFSE

• It's time to ride
FLSTFSE 103 Performance Upgrades
« on: November 21, 2004, 09:13:06 AM »

Ok what do I need to do for a taller longer curve. Here's what I'm hearing:
High Compression pistons
258 cam or equiv
2 teeth off primary
6 spd
cc existing heads
change out exhaust

Any other good ideas?

mfgreen

Re: FLSTFSE 103 Performance Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 09:24:30 AM »

Welcome to the site nh,
What is your goal with this motor? How much taller? How much longer? On what kind of fuel and with what kind of reliability?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 09:34:26 AM by mfgreen »

nhFLSTFSE

• It's time to ride
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 06:24:25 PM »

I would like streetable and very quick.  Accordding to some early research the heads are basic SE and the pistons are low compression.  I am thinking of a 6 spd this winter and quite possibly the primary gear kit?

Thoughts?

dchriswell

• Loyal Harley Owner/Rider
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 03:59:27 PM »

I am being told that the Screamin' Eagle six speed will not work with the hydraulic clutch on the CVO bikes.  My understanding is you would have to change the hydraulic clutch to a standard clutch system to utilize the six speed transmission. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 06:19:32 PM »

I am being told that the Screamin' Eagle six speed will not work with the hydraulic clutch on the CVO bikes.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 06:47:36 PM »

I am being told that the Screamin' Eagle six speed will not work with the hydraulic clutch on the CVO bikes.

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2004, 02:57:38 PM »

DavidB:

The only issue with what you want to do is 1st gear. I believe the Harley 6-speed uses the stock 1st gear ratio, in which case, if you switch to a 24/37, you 1st gear will be like low range. This is why Baker uses a higher 1st gear ratio. The 24/37 is perfect though for everything else.

apitts

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 04:26:55 PM »

Does anyone know where I can download a EFI map for a Power Commander for a 2005 FLHTCSE with a Thunderheader 2-into-1 exhaust. I tried the Power Commander website and I see some close, but know exact match.
The Harley's got a little too much torque when it comes to jumping ~ Evel Knievel

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 11:29:19 AM »

Unless someone here has done what you've done and is willing to share then "close" is likely as good as you'll find.  You'll just need to take the bike to a good dyno guy competent with the Power Commander sometime sooner rather than later and have a map built for your bike.  That's hard to beat for your final solution.

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2005, 01:23:38 AM »

In reading all the posts about cams, pipes etc. it occurred to me that I spent a bundle on my 89 heritage..head work, cam, carb, exhaust, ignition..nothing wild..it dyno'ed at around 85 hp. Here I am again with a bike (05 SEEG)that is probably starting out at 80 -85 hp, but its not enough..can't have too much horsepower...so here I go again. HD race tuner, 2 into 1 exhaust and stage 1. I don't have the dyno results yet. I will be doing cams and head work in a few months. I actually thought when I first got it that I would keep it stock...ha... [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 03:55:46 PM »

Et All,

I wouldnt do the 6 speed again as it really does not help much in fact I went the way of first as a normal 6 speed then upgraded the gears to the racing R2 gearing.   I still have it sitting in a box atm with a Rivera Pro Clutch and a 21 tooth counter sprocket gear and chain as well as a complete chain drive setup for the bike instead of the belt.   :)

The problem in my experience is that 1st gear is too tall if you get on it and if you dont get on 2nd gear its like you just downshifted 2 gears when you hit 2nd.

The other problem was 6th gear you had to be doing 80 + to enjoy it unless of course you lower the counter sprocket then 6th gear acts just like 5th does now only when you go from 5th to 6 its just a small upgrade in gearing.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.