Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Condor Wheel Chock  (Read 13816 times)

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Condor Wheel Chock
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 07:46:27 PM »

I let it sit in the stand all by itself no straps or kickstand it'll take alot to push it over

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 07:47:19 PM »

:apple:

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 07:47:59 PM »

:apple:

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 08:01:45 PM »

I got mine 2 years ago, use it every day. I just drive on, turn off the bike, and go into the house.
A lot of people set it up per the instructions, and go. I did a little trial & error, found the best setting,
and have never touched it again. I never worry abiout it falling over, you can shake the dickens
out of it, and no problem.
The "TAZMUN"

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 08:23:32 PM »

Also have had mine for a couple years and is great.
Works great in the back of my truck when hauling a scoot around.
Definately recommend!

TmBone

Diesel Dragon

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 11:01:50 PM »

Everyone can do what they want but I'll tell you my experience with my Condor.

I have it mounted to my MC lift, I used the product for about 6 months with out incident, just drive it in and get off the bike and into the house I go.

I have left the bike on the lift UP in the air 40" off the ground for a week at a time with no problem.

One day I'm cleaning the bike some with the lift at ground level, the lift table is still 6" off the floor even when it's down, I finish up and leave the lift down for the night, very unusual for me to leave it down but I did.

The next morning at about 6am the bike alarm starts going off in the garage, I go to check and the bike is laying on it's side  :o

I get my neighbor to come over and help me and we stand the bike back up.

The fall onto the concrete floor scarred up my mirror, clutch lever, left saddle bag, saddle bag latch, tour pack hinge, tour pack lid and tour pack side light. Luckily all the paint scars were minor and a little touch up paint covered them up nicely. The chrome is replaced.

I assembled the Condor according to the instructions and put the cradle pin in the 3rd hole, the instructions say not to let the cradle touch the ground when you put the front wheel in place, which it would slightly do if you use the 2nd hole.
The bike was straight up when I left it the night before, I am very conscious of the fact that the bike is heavy and a little lean could put extra pressure on the Condor holder.

The Pin that holds the cradle assembly into the aluminium brackets bent into a S shape slowly over night and let the bike lean over and eventually slip out of the cradle.

I called Condor and they said that I used the wrong pin hole, I told them that I followed the instructions and they said Ya but you should of used the 2nd one any way  :confused5:
They ended up sending me a new Improved cradle, which is all one piece now instead of welded pieces and a new pin and a whole new Condor assembly to use with my 2nd bike for free.

I was upset by what happened but it could of been worse, the bike could of been 40" up in the air, my wife's SUV could of been in the garage next to the bike like usual and a floor jack that is near the lift could of been a couple of inches closer, any and all of these variables could of resulted in a nasty mess.

So for me since then I use the 2nd pin hole, and tie the bike down with ratchet straps the pull the bike slightly forward to make sure it never goes anywhere again, because you never know.

DD

A threesome is not really cheating, the 2 girls cancel each other out :)

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits

08 SE Ultra
03 Fatboy

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 11:08:47 PM »

Just my own insecurities for sure.  But even though I've used the Bike Pro wheel chock products on the lift and in the trailer those brazillions of times I'd still never trust them exclusively.  Always pull a strap on each side.  Have a pair of ratcheting straps bolted to the lift.  One on each side.  So it's quick and easy to do.  But even if it were a five minute chore rather than a 45 second chore I'd still always cinch a strap on each side.  Just to make sure the bike never gets a chance to start leaning.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 05:39:27 AM »

if it falls over and no one is there, does it make a sound?
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 06:33:12 AM »

When you have $35,000.00 + invested in a bike it gets tied down no matter what. Condor also says with the chock you can get away with 2 tie down points for travel. I still use a minimum of 5 straps when transporting. Once the bike falls down once during transport (pre condor days) it tends to make you a little paranoid. THE MUFFMAN

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2008, 11:00:27 AM »

No sound at all until you discover it laying there....... ::)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 11:08:51 AM »

Yes.  It will weep.  Plaintive cries for help whimpering sorrowfully calling your name as it wonders why you aren't there to help it.  If you're not there quickly the time will flow and the pain will turn to disdain; then anger.  The bike will come to spite you for leaving it down.  It knows this isn't right.  Isn't how it should be.  It will think you don't care.  Then, when you finally do come back, it will play along.  Act happy to see you.  All the while aching for that first ride and vengeance.

So it's best to pick it up quickly ::) .

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2008, 06:02:39 AM »

I think there are laws about this. sounds like one of my dogs./b]
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 09:04:22 AM »

I have a Condor and A 07 SERK.  Depending on which of the (I'm trying to word this correctly guys) holes you choose, makes a difference as to the difficulty getting the bike in and out.   I talked to the Condor guys at Laconia and they suggested a setting of 3 for the fat 18" radial.  Also as mentioned, the newer cradle is one piece of formed steel, cheaper to assemble tthan the multi piece welded.  They sent me the new piece for $25 total.  With the extra cradle, one could easily make a second dock. 
i would always out at least two cables on it, but it's nice not to have to worry while you are tying it down.
I have the quick attach brackets in the trailer, in two location for one or two bikes.  I have a 3 x4 piece of 3/4" plywood that I mount it to in the garage.  There are two eye bolts for the straps.  I use those threaded blind nuts that go in from the back and bite into the wood to attach the condor.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008, 08:17:40 PM »

I have a couple of Condor SC2000's in my trailer that I very rarely use, anyone know of a reason they should not be mounted on a couple of sheets of 3/4" plywood and get some use out of them in the garage?
I was thinking of using a couple of pieces of 1/2" flat stock as backer plates maybe 2"x3'. :nixweiss:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2008, 08:19:52 PM »

I have a couple of Condor SC2000's in my trailer that I very rarely use, anyone know of a reason they should not be mounted on a couple of sheets of 3/4" plywood and get some use out of them in the garage?
I was thinking of using a couple of pieces of 1/2" flat stock as backer plates maybe 2"x3'. :nixweiss:

Always use the straps!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.